recommendation for DIY trip to gold coast

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i plan to fly to gold coast and visit the theme parks there using AirAsia

any recommended itinerary as i do not drive ? is it recommended to pick up some package when i arrive in the holiday ?

any inputs please ?

madcable

Reaction score
i plan to fly to gold coast and visit the theme parks there using AirAsia

any recommended itinerary as i do not drive ? is it recommended to pick up some package when i arrive in the holiday ?

any inputs please ?

Hi,

I visited GC in October 2014. I would suggest getting the tickets for theme parks online as they are cheaper. Else upon reaching, they have plenty of tourist shops where they sell tickets.

I would recommend driving as taxi fares are a killer there. Commuting via bus is still okay, but timing is far apart.

kevin301

Reaction score
A lot more expensive. From the city to say zone 3 or 4 say 10km, around AUD$50. From the city to within a zone, within 2km, around AUD$20.

Your estimate seems rather high. 2km travel for $20?
Sounds like daylight robbery ;)

fare_increase-_edited.jpg

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your estimate seems rather high. 2km travel for $20?
Sounds like daylight robbery ;)

fare_increase-_edited.jpg

Well, it's not an estimate. It was an actual route, actual fare that we paid, from Queen's Street in Brisbane to the Valley. Well, it was slightly off-peak, around 7ish near 8pm. More than a few years ago.

I remembered cos it's the only taxi ride I took all the years when I was living in Brisbane.

Last edited:

kevin301

Reaction score
Well, it's not an estimate. It was an actual route, actual fare that we paid, from Queen's Street in Brisbane to the Valley. Well, it was slightly off-peak, around 7ish near 8pm. More than a few years ago.

I remembered cos it's the only taxi ride I took all the years when I was living in Brisbane.

wow... I always knew cab fares were high in Aus, but didn't think they'd be so exorbitant.
The waiting time charge (0.81/min) seems rather high.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.