Rental car booking : online vs counter?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time i book hertz at Perth, the car in a random carpark. Haha. hard to see their entire fleet

Even you can see, you can't just tell them you want that car.. you think fish market buying fish?:s13::s13:

Jane2

Reaction score
yes i realized that too. so are u booking through the .SG or .AU one?

I haven't book yet. May book the cheaper one regardless the insurance for drivers IF both also same car insurances coverage.

casualtraveller

Reaction score
Previously someone asked about the difference between Supercover and Max Cover. I message Hertz Australia via facebook and this is their reply. I asked whether Max cover also brings down the excess to $0.

Their reply:
Yes, MAX cover also brings to $0 excess. Only difference is that the Supercover also include Personal Accident, Personal Effects, premium roadside, additional driver, young driver etc

monsters2009

Reaction score
For Hertz reservation, is that possible to book 2 reservations under my account/credit cards as I need 2 cars for the trip. Me and my brother in law will be the driver.

Also, advisable to prepay the fuel?

wrxkev

Reaction score
Previously someone asked about the difference between Supercover and Max Cover. I message Hertz Australia via facebook and this is their reply. I asked whether Max cover also brings down the excess to $0.

Their reply:
Yes, MAX cover also brings to $0 excess. Only difference is that the Supercover also include Personal Accident, Personal Effects, premium roadside, additional driver, young driver etc

Ahh thanks!!!!

And i wonder why Supercover is only offer to .au website lo.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah. Interested to know too.

Sometimes finding a petrol kiosk thats within the radius stated is not easy and sometimes you just want to go to the airport straight and dump the keys back to them without hassle

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
For Hertz reservation, is that possible to book 2 reservations under my account/credit cards as I need 2 cars for the trip. Me and my brother in law will be the driver.

It would make more sense to have 1 car under your name, and the other car under the brother in law's. They can both use the same credit card.

I would not advise you to prepay fuel unless you are going to be in a rush on the last day or 2, or you really know what you are doing in terms of fuel prices locally and you know the car's fuel consumption really well. You can find out the pump location well in advance and plan accordingly.

has anyone tried Hertz mystery vehicle? It's one of the cheapest option.

You just get anything random. Expect a small run-about.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It would make more sense to have 1 car under your name, and the other car under the brother in law's. They can both use the same credit card.

I recalled rental co. don't allow you to use someone else's credit card. So basically the driver = credit card holder..

Rules might have changed though.

wrxkev

Reaction score
From SG Website - 20% Discount

5 Days @ 74.29AUD 371.45
Booster Seats X 2 160
Total Sales Tax 52.39
Location Fee 24.39
Veh Registration Recovery 35
Admin Recovery 13

Optional
Max Cover Daily 34 X 5
Prem Emergencey Roadside Service Daily 3.3 X 5

Total 842.73

From AU Website - 1 Free Base Rate Promo

5 Days @ 100.46AUD 502.3
Booster Seats X 2 160
Total Sales Tax 84.62
Location Fee 26.21
Veh Registration Recovery 35
Admin Recovery 14.06
Supercover 209.05

Total 1031.24
Minus 1 Free Day -100.46
Total 930.78

Just a reference for those curious... for around AUD88 more, if i order from .AU hertz, i basically can get Supercover that covers everything.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The hertz promo just keeps coming!

I just checked again and my booking now save a further $70

From initially 800+ (few months ago) to now 500+

Really must keep checking their promo..

Use this CDP

CDP Name : TRAVEL HOLIDAY SALE GOLD

wrxkev

Reaction score
The hertz promo just keeps coming!

I just checked again and my booking now save a further $70

From initially 800+ (few months ago) to now 500+

Really must keep checking their promo..

Use this CDP

CDP Name : TRAVEL HOLIDAY SALE GOLD

yeah tat is the 20% one..... i really do check almost everyday lo .. hahaha a bit kiasu but hey singaporeans right? always wanting the best deal .... LOL ....

but like i post above, if i take this promo vs the aus promo, for 88AUD more i can get supercover liao.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah tat is the 20% one..... i really do check almost everyday lo .. hahaha a bit kiasu but hey singaporeans right? always wanting the best deal .... LOL ....

but like i post above, if i take this promo vs the aus promo, for 88AUD more i can get supercover liao.
Mine already has Supercover (Max Cover + the others) included in using this promo

Rate Details
1 week at 298.15 AUD 298.15 AUD
1 extra day at 42.59 AUD 42.59 AUD
Included
Unlimited Kilometers Included
PREM EMER ROADSIDE SERVICE AUD
PERSONAL EFFECTS COVER AUD
PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE AUD
Maximum Cover AUD
Fees and Surcharges
Total Sales Tax 68.76 AUD
Location Fee 119.02 AUD
Vehicle registration recovery 56.00 AUD
Admin Recovery 11.93 AUD

monsters2009

Reaction score
Mine already has Supercover (Max Cover + the others) included in using this promo

Rate Details
1 week at 298.15 AUD 298.15 AUD
1 extra day at 42.59 AUD 42.59 AUD
Included
Unlimited Kilometers Included
PREM EMER ROADSIDE SERVICE AUD
PERSONAL EFFECTS COVER AUD
PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE AUD
Maximum Cover AUD
Fees and Surcharges
Total Sales Tax 68.76 AUD
Location Fee 119.02 AUD
Vehicle registration recovery 56.00 AUD
Admin Recovery 11.93 AUD

How to have the Supercover included? I use the same 20% off promo but it doesn't include.

monsters2009

Reaction score

I would not advise you to prepay fuel unless you are going to be in a rush on the last day or 2, or you really know what you are doing in terms of fuel prices locally and you know the car's fuel consumption really well. You can find out the pump location well in advance and plan accordingly.

You just get anything random. Expect a small run-about.

I recalled rental co. don't allow you to use someone else's credit card. So basically the driver = credit card holder..

Rules might have changed though.

Thanks! Yes clarified with Hertz and driver need to be the same as credit card holder for the reservation.

If not need to add in the other name as additional driver = additional cost.

Jane2

Reaction score
How to have the Supercover included? I use the same 20% off promo but it doesn't include.

if u hv registered with hertz an acccount it gv u non supercover. If u bk as guest in Oz web, u get the supercover option.

I took the 20% with registered hertz account as the location n registration fee there is a difference betw. member and non-member.
Also, if more than 1 driver with same address, its non chargable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.