Sin>Sydney>Mel or Sin>Mel>Sydney

kevin301

Reaction score
Hi, any preference and recommendations?
Thank you.

har?
Can give more background information? Otherwise how to give a meaningful answer?

Often your choice will be determined by many factors, such as date of travel, price of ticket, etc.

mydelta

Reaction score
Hmmm ...... Plan take land tour or walk on our own, not planning to drive
Just wonder any diff go where 1st ....... gam xia

Merkava

Master Member
Reaction score

R u using their train to travel between the cities?

http://www.nswtrainlink.info/

Last year I went to Melbourne's Southern Cross Station to take a look,
it looks kinda cool...

Edited: The stations at Sydney & Melbourne have luggage storage.

kevin301

Reaction score

No difference, right?
After all, you'll be going to both cities.
Does it really matter which one you visit first?

Traveling in either direction makes no difference in terms of convenience or practicality.

Last edited:

poonyq

Reaction score
Hi, I am planning to do a SIN-MEL-SYD-SIN trip next year.

Just to check if I should rent a car for the whole duration I am at each cities or the public transport is just a convenient as Singapore. I know some places really need to drive like Great Ocean Road and Blue Mountain.

If I were to rent a car for each cities, is the parking cap at some amount or it's by per hour? I have never been to both cities before. Looking forward to all your advice. :)

kevin301

Reaction score
In either city, my suggestion is to stick with public transport.
The parking rates are pretty steep (something like tens of dollars for a few hours parking), and there is usually no cap.
In Sydney, you can quite easily get around the city and surrounds with public transport. Ditto for Melbourne.
Only when heading out of the city does a car become quite convenient and also enjoyable to drive.

poonyq

Reaction score
In either city, my suggestion is to stick with public transport.
The parking rates are pretty steep (something like tens of dollars for a few hours parking), and there is usually no cap.
In Sydney, you can quite easily get around the city and surrounds with public transport. Ditto for Melbourne.
Only when heading out of the city does a car become quite convenient and also enjoyable to drive.

So there is way to just rent a car for outskirts driving for like a 1 or 2 days? is it easy to rent a car from the city?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.