Sydney

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
i read in the another blog for the whole month of feb, due to admin issues, all passengers on scoot to sydney get upgraded. huat ah.

That's possible. If it's just a day or two, they might just cancel it and fly the pax down another day. For a much longer period, cancelling isn't an attractive option in terms of operations.

doodley

Reaction score
for food adventure, can try following places which I like to frequent:

Dim sum: East Ocean in Chinatown.
Chinese: Golden Century in Chinatown.
Malaysia: Mamak in Chinatown.
Thai: Chat Thai Pitt St
Japan: Musashi 447 Pitt St, Sushi train
Indonesia: Mie Kocok Bandung Maroubra
Pizza: Wood Stone Wood Fired 559 Crown St Surry Hills
Pancake: Pancake on the Rock (24hr) either in Darling Harbour or the Rock.
Steak: Hurricane's Grill Darling Harbour

:s13:

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Scoot occasionally rents an SQ plane + crew if their planes require maintenance.

SIA will deploy the oldest B777-200er and they will switch off the IFE. Passengers are only entitled to one meal and water. ScootBiz passengers can enjoy SIA regional biz class seats but there will be no biz class service. No IFE, no champagne, meals are served in economy class trays. Cabin crew will also switch off in-seat power supply.

adgjl321

Reaction score
SIA will deploy the oldest B777-200er and they will switch off the IFE. Passengers are only entitled to one meal and water. ScootBiz passengers can enjoy SIA regional biz class seats but there will be no biz class service. No IFE, no champagne, meals are served in economy class trays. Cabin crew will also switch off in-seat power supply.
That’s pretty pathetic... in-seat power supply also need turn off lol

twinman

Reaction score

I booked Scoot to Sydney and received email that they re-arranged SQ for our flights, same timing. We booked scoot without check-in luggage, now the flights changed, is SQ allowing check-in luggage although we didn't buy to begin with?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I booked Scoot to Sydney and received email that they re-arranged SQ for our flights, same timing. We booked scoot without check-in luggage, now the flights changed, is SQ allowing check-in luggage although we didn't buy to begin with?

Better call SQ and ask.. later you check in they ask you pay excess baggage..

twinman

Reaction score
Decided to divert my post (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/australia-317/sydney-free-easy-holidays-5994295.html)
to this thread which probably better place to seek advice.

Thanks to Awesom Andy asked to my first post. Sorry to take so long to thank you and follow-up.

We decided to change the self-drive plan a little abit. We are now heading to Hunter Valley after BM and also cover the Kiama blow hose at the second last day.

Appreciate your inputs. This is my first trip to Sydney. TIA.

day1 (Sat)

Land at 1pm+ local time
check-in
Paddington Market (Every Sat. Opens 10am)

acc at Sydney, downtown

day2 (Sun)

Circular Quay
Fort Denison ?
Manly ferry
Harbour Bridge
Rocks Market
Chinatown (Paddy’s Market. Wed to Sun. 10 - 6pm)

day3 (Mon)

Coogee to Bondi walk (Coogee Beach and Bondi Beach) - Brote Beach & Mahon Pool
QVB, Strand Arcade
St Mary’s Cathedral (Hyde Park)
Newtown/Glebe
Darling Harbour
Fish Market

acc at Sydney, downtown

day4 (Tues)

pickup rental car drive to blue mountain

Wentworth Falls
Three Sisters (Echo Point)
Scenic World
Sublime Points
Leura Cascades lookup/trail - The whole hike was around 20mins downhill and up

acc at Katoomba

day5 (Wed)

Leave Katoomba drive to Hunter Valley, plan to take this route

Katoomba -> Bell -> Mount Tomah -> Colo Heights (=1hr 40mins) -> Howes Valley -> Broke -> HV (=1 hr 42 mins)

Is this part of the road unsealed?
For the last part of the drive into HV, is it better going via Broke or via Branxton to HV?
Read the last 30 miles has a beautiful view over HV, not sure which one.

Wine Tasting - Roche Estate (Tempus Two)
Cafe Enzo
Sabor Dessert Bar
Cheese Factory

acc at HV

day6 (Thur)

Horse riding - Hunter Valley Horses (3 hours in AM)
Drive back to Sydney via M1 (3 hours)
any suggestion where to stop for short coffer break with something to see/do?

R&R and Dinner - neighbourhood of Netwon or Glebe ?

Which neighbourhood has charm/vibes to explore?

acc at Sydney (not decided)

day7 (Fri)

Day trip to
Royal National Park (scenic view at views points)
Wollongong
Kiama (blow hose)

day8 (Sat)

check out
return car
fly back at 1pm local time

kevin301

Reaction score
day1 (Sat)

Land at 1pm+ local time
check-in
Paddington Market (Every Sat. Opens 10am)

acc at Sydney, downtown

day2 (Sun)

Circular Quay
Fort Denison ?
Manly ferry
Harbour Bridge
Rocks Market
Chinatown (Paddy’s Market. Wed to Sun. 10 - 6pm)

day3 (Mon)

Coogee to Bondi walk (Coogee Beach and Bondi Beach) - Brote Beach & Mahon Pool
QVB, Strand Arcade
St Mary’s Cathedral (Hyde Park)
Newtown/Glebe
Darling Harbour
Fish Market

acc at Sydney, downtown

day4 (Tues)

pickup rental car drive to blue mountain

Wentworth Falls
Three Sisters (Echo Point)
Scenic World
Sublime Points
Leura Cascades lookup/trail - The whole hike was around 20mins downhill and up

acc at Katoomba

day5 (Wed)

Katoomba -> Bell -> Mount Tomah -> Colo Heights (=1hr 40mins) -> Howes Valley -> Broke -> HV (=1 hr 42 mins)

For the last part of the drive into HV, is it better going via Broke or via Branxton to HV?

Wine Tasting - Roche Estate (Tempus Two)
Cafe Enzo
Sabor Dessert Bar
Cheese Factory

acc at HV

day6 (Thur)

day7 (Fri)

Day trip to
Wollongong
Kiama (blow hose)

day8 (Sat)

check out
return car
fly back at 1pm local time

sounds like an action-packed itinerary :)
do-able, I think. Though it does involve quite a bit of driving.
Hope you're up to it and don't rush or speed.

Your itinerary is something like what a tour company may plan, but you have to factor in fatigue from hours behind the wheel.

Last edited:

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
day5 (Wed)

It should be all sealed, but it's hours of winding mountain road. I would not recommend going that way unless you are aware of you are in for. I normally suggest going back into suburban Sydney and join M1 at Wahroonga. Google maps will tell you that the winding mountain road is faster, but that probably won't be the case unless you're Lewis Hamilton.
day6 (Thur)

I drop by Pie in the Sky in Cowan sometimes. Not the best meat pies on earth but it's a simple place for a stop. It's off the main highway. Make sure you don't speed along that stretch (although most people do). The cops like to meet their speeding ticket quotas on that stretch of road.

day7 (Fri)

Day trip to
Wollongong
Kiama (blow hose)

I normally bypass RNP as there's quite a bit more driving for little gain. Stanwell Tops is usually my first stop, and then follow the coastal road to Bulli. Depending on the time, I might simply head back onto the highway and go straight to Kiama, but that will depends on your time and mood.

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any car rental recommendation for sydney? thinking to rent for 1 or 2 days to the outskirt... :s22:

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend places in Sydney for good oysters and fish & chips?

adgjl321

Reaction score
Is it fairly easy to go around Blue Mountain by public bus using my opal card instead of buying the hop on hop off bus?

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend places in Sydney for good oysters and fish & chips?
I usually get myself out of Sydney for this kind of things, but you can try the fish market for anything seafood related.
Is it fairly easy to go around Blue Mountain by public bus using my opal card instead of buying the hop on hop off bus?
It depends on where exactly you're going to, but it is possible. Do have proper plans in place before you go though.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
I usually get myself out of Sydney for this kind of things, but you can try the fish market for anything seafood related.

Its my first time to Sydney with my family. will be there for about 2 weeks, We are planning to go to gold coast for about 2 days to go movie world and seaworld. Most of the days will be in Sydney but not sure where to go and also parking is ex too so even if we were to rent a car, there is this parking issue which we will have to be headache about since we are also not familiar with the place.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Its my first time to Sydney with my family. will be there for about 2 weeks, We are planning to go to gold coast for about 2 days to go movie world and seaworld. Most of the days will be in Sydney but not sure where to go and also parking is ex too so even if we were to rent a car, there is this parking issue which we will have to be headache about since we are also not familiar with the place.
go visit infinity in GC if u can. children will love it to bits. even adults it is a unique experience, which i still think of it fondly after more than 10 years
i would also say it is possible to stay 4 days in GC/BNE

where 2 days at those parks, 1 day go glow worms, 1 day do random things in GC =)
glowworms caves is a very good experience for the children

u will need car to places such as blue mountains. in CBD and 30 clicks from CBD u dun need car. jus make sure the airbnb u stay hv carspace =)

Last edited:

Awesom Andy

Reaction score

And you probably wouldn't want to spend 2 weeks in Sydney. At least, I certainly wouldn't recommend it. If you're heading up to GC, you might as well stay there for a few days, and possibly tick off Brisbane as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.