HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Traffic Offence in Aust

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
Great Supremacy Member

There is a website u can pay the fine, and there is a number u can call.

go to www.vicroad.com.au to solve ur problem.

Yes, u can appeal, provided u can write bombastic angmo. I have seen ppl get away with it. I cant share it here as it will make the market bad. But in ur case too late to appeal. 2 weeks after u receive letter from police u will to write in.

Dun speed in Aust. U cant tell thats a police car. They dun rely on speed cam as much as u think they do. I stay there for 5 years edy.
seianko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 05:43 PM   #17

got a speeding ticket for 800AUD ..
so what happened is if just don't bother about it??
~Dragonite~ likes this.
keith00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #18
High Supremacy Member

Appeal? If not don't step into the country for 5yrs..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 08:01 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

2x400 or 1 shot 800?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
greenhse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #20

2x400 or 1 shot 800?
1x 800.......
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 16-06-2017, 08:21 AM   #21

5 years??....

Appeal? If not don't step into the country for 5yrs..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 16-06-2017, 09:09 AM   #22

To get a speeding fine of $800, you have to be at least 30km/h above the speed limit. Most states would suspend your licence on the spot as well if stopped by the police. Having gone over the limit that much, I wouldn't even try appealing.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

can write under the VIC traffic website. Though they stated only 1 time appeal, likely rejected. Submitted a second time with sincere admission and apologies, will get waived.

Written 3 myself in the same trip, 58 in 50kmph $168 Grampians road, one 87 on 80, $189 westbound highway leading into Melbourne, and a third parking overtime at Blondi beach main road $140. All 3 waived after 2nd submissions.

That trip in 2014 damn unlucky, actually with a fourth, mistake on the Sydney part, for crossing Sydney Bridge without toll, though I already registered vehicle# with credit card. 7 other trips to Australia cleansheets.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by touchme; 16-06-2017 at 04:31 PM..
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #24
Master Member

how soon do you get notified of the fines?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

how soon do you get notified of the fines?
about 2 weeks.
Note the rental company may impose a $50-80 admin fee for each fine too.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #26

To get a speeding fine of $800, you have to be at least 30km/h above the speed limit. Most states would suspend your licence on the spot as well if stopped by the police. Having gone over the limit that much, I wouldn't even try appealing.
No harm trying..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 17-06-2017, 01:54 AM   #27

Talking

No harm trying..
If you're <10km/h over, then yes, no harm trying, but I can't see them waiving it off for >30km/h. Most likely result is that you're wasting time and if anything, bringing further unwanted attention onto yourself. At this level of speeding, some states would automatically issue a licence suspension notice. They can also bypass the fine notice, and issue a court order asking you to go to court - where you have to put up a defense and you can't even simply accept the claim and pay the fine.

If any AU based person receives a notice for speeding >30km/h, I would normally advise them to get a lawyer. Generally speaking, there are 2 forms of defense available - honest and reasonable mistake (e.g. cruise control/speedo errors, and you'll need to take the car to independent experts to verify the claim. And misreading speed limit signs do not count), or challenging the alleged speed (prove that speed cameras/radars are inaccurate - again, a costly exercise).

I'm guessing that the fine is from Perth/WA. I don't know the regulations there very well, but I wouldn't do anything where they might decide to issue you a court notice. Speeding by that much is a very serious offence in Australia, and trying to appeal or fight it would likely have a very ugly result. It's very different from speeding by <10km/h where you can just write a couple of letters/emails and the matter/fine disappears.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 14-12-2017, 12:18 PM   #28

i gotten 3 speeding ticket while in melbourne in 2014 while driving along Geelong and towards great ocean road. these 3 speeding tickets were all above 10km/hr limit and total amount to be 900AUD. initally when i first received the speeding fines i ignored it, until they issued me a red letter saying that a court order would be issued if i didnt submit the payment.

as such, i wrote a letter of appeal VIC police dept (snail mail, not email. can't find email address anywhere) and no news ever since then.

is the fine waived? or is it that my letter did not reach them at all and they forgot about sending me the court order?
Old 14-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #29
High Supremacy Member

Try coming to melbourne and see if customs stop you, then you know if the fine was waived or not..
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 03:03 PM   #30

They probably figured out that they can't drag you to court if you're overseas. Of course, if you ever turn up here again, and for some reason that you have to deal with the Victoria police, you might get into quite a bit of trouble.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.