HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Traffic Offence in Aust

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #31

i would have glady paid up i had commited the offence knowingly..
It so happen that stretch of road in Geelong is dam bloody dark.. and not well lighted up.. neither were there clear warning of speed limits....

if i were travelling 80++kmph in KPE, i would gladly pay up the speeding fine cus it is so dam clear to ALL motorist that the speed limit is 70Kmph.
the offence notice typically would have photos of the car and maybe even your face on it. so will be hard to argue. The Aussies are very strict abt traffic laws but they also dont anyhow issue summons. Given its dark and not well lighted up, these would be factors against u for speeding.

my advice is jsut save the hassle and pay la..AUD124 is very cheap liao

ps. i kena aud200 for speeding in WA.
UY_Scuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #32
Supremacy Member

Try coming to melbourne and see if customs stop you, then you know if the fine was waived or not..
even if immigration doesn't stop, car rental companies may stop you from renting their cars cause you kena blacklisted liao. who wants to rent a car to someone who evades fine?

my friend chiong 130km/h in VIC highway kena fine around $400. Aus has strict traffic rules. The traffic fine 3 times more expensive than sg

Last edited by figo16; 29-12-2017 at 12:15 AM..
figo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #33
Master Member

Got speeding fine in Perth couple of years ago by the famous SGT Zhao. Apparently a few other friends who went Perth got it too and letter shows the same Asian officer name.

Doing 63km on 60km road. $150. Honestly just pay up unless you decided not to step into Australia. Appeal for waiver is a Waste of time. They wonít listen unless maybe you prove that someone is about to die if you donít speed.

Received letter to appear in court after ignoring the 3rd notice. In the end wrote in to appeal and admit fault. That works. They roll back the fine to $150 and cancel court order.

Resolved After much time and hassle. $150 poorer
lufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:15 AM   #34
Master Member

I was driving slightly above the speed limit when i noticed an officer in front with a speeding gun.

I slowed down and he did not stop me. In this instance, will i receive a speeding fine?
flashover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #35
High Supremacy Member

Depends how much over? If you're renting, and an extra admin fee is being charged, usually that's for a traffic offense.
beano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #36

I was driving slightly above the speed limit when i noticed an officer in front with a speeding gun.

I slowed down and he did not stop me. In this instance, will i receive a speeding fine?
Most newish cars in Australia have a few km/h tolerances on their speedo (due to the design rule), so you might be just fine.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #37

any idea how to check if we receive any speeding fine?
emokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #38
High Supremacy Member

Check your CC statement, if you were charged extra $60 by the rental co., most likely a fine coming your way
beano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #39
Master Member

Thanks. Returned the car and find out by end of the month from the rental coy

Most newish cars in Australia have a few km/h tolerances on their speedo (due to the design rule), so you might be just fine.
flashover is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.