what is the must buy thing when travelling to Australia

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought back mostly macadamia nuts, nougat and chocolates..

Comestics and creams are really popular too =)

Last edited:

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oakleys are cheap in aus too? I thought only US cheap.. :s11:

Definitely go for oakley. The higher end ones like titanium nanowires polarized r abt sgd200 cheaper. Remember to bring passport for gst rebate

lucashell

Reaction score
Oakley ok nia. Go buy abalone macademia nuts and of course nougats and if possible MANUKA honey !

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Aussie friend dun recommend. He mentioned that the meat came fr those knocked down fr the road.
:s31:

That's where you are wrong. There has been an abundance of roos in Australia. These creatures got "standby pregnancy". If one joey is conceived and conditions are too dry, will store store this conceived joey and it will not develop. :eek:

The mommy is pregnant but the joey will not be born. If she conceive again, she will store the second one if the conditions are still not right.

When things are right, BOOM! first one will be born. Then second one very soon after. Next thing you know, lots of roos around! So many that the gahment there get contractors to shoot them. Shoot already all the meat wasted so sell to restaurant. The contractor earn a lot of money!

Calblee

Reaction score
My Aussie friend dun recommend. He mentioned that the meat came fr those knocked down fr the road.
:s31:

On X'mas eve last year, i saw a joey knocked down by a Nissan sedan in a very populated estate in Perth. Attracted a lot of crowd and i stopped my car to join in.

Gruesome and it was lying there for 1 night.

The following day, it was mysteriously gone. Given that aussies don't work on public holiday, i wonder who cleared the carcass.

Now i know.

:s13:

chimpchimp

Reaction score
havaianas in aussie is cheap. manuka honey better buy frm nz, aussie is mostly jarrah honey. and australian milo! i think shd be slightly cheaper there than in sg. sg costs abt $28 plus. and there's jurlique. nuts, in perth, go to the subiaco station market, there got 1 nuts shop called angry almonds or sth. buy what u can and bring back. and also buy broccoli, pumpkin, asparagus, mussels, oysters, put them all in carry-on bag. i did tt before.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry to dig up old thread.

Is Crumpler cheaper in Australia, considering its an Australian brand?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, nothing worthy of buying.. maybe buy some beef/lamb back..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.