Driving/car rental Tips in Australia/NSW

kevin301

Reaction score
Starting from Sydney, that's where Hertz is :).

Did some quick research and it seems the main points of interest are Katoomba and perhaps Grovetts Lookout? Zig Zag railway looked like fun, but it got damaged by the fire in Oct last year and it's closed for now :(

Any other good places to go in Blue Mountains?

Yeah seems like bushfire damage was quite extensive. Very sad.
Well, lots of people go to Jenolan Caves, though there are far larger limestone cave systems elsewhere in the world :)

I like the view from Sublime Point lookout, which is quite close to Leura and Katoomba.
I enjoy walking the trails around Blue Mountains, but that takes more time.

hyocca

Reaction score
Dear Experts please advice

Ok so I have a few questions

1) I rented a car from vroomvroom.. 145 for 5 days, basic car i guess, is it safe to use this company?

2) I'm not sure if i should be buying the insurance from vroom, cause it's damn expensive, seems like the quote from https://tripcover.com.au/ is cheaper.. If i buy from tripcover, still cover? or is it invalid.

3) I have a buddy who's less than 25 years old. And i'm not sure if i should be telling vroom vroom that i want to add him as an additional driver? cause it's like 110aud extra sia. Should i declare or not declare?

4) Driving tips in aussie, what to look out for when taking the car, what to check etc?

Thanks!

jinmuddy

Banned
Reaction score

1) I rented a car from vroomvroom.. 145 for 5 days, basic car i guess, is it safe to use this company?

2) I'm not sure if i should be buying the insurance from vroom, cause it's damn expensive, seems like the quote from https://tripcover.com.au/ is cheaper.. If i buy from tripcover, still cover? or is it invalid.

3) I have a buddy who's less than 25 years old. And i'm not sure if i should be telling vroom vroom that i want to add him as an additional driver? cause it's like 110aud extra sia. Should i declare or not declare?

4) Driving tips in aussie, what to look out for when taking the car, what to check etc?

Thanks!

Do your due diligence online. Bad reviews.

Advise u to book direct if not a risk taker.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
The company is just an agent. I've never been able to get good prices from them.

As for drivers under 25, the rental company will need to see drivers licence for all drivers so if there's anyone under that age, they will add the extra charges whether you declare it or not.

Honda91

Reaction score

Thanks!

i have been renting fr vroomX3.
service is quitegood and fast
they are just a agent not a rental company.
learn from a fourmer here, alway book thru agent as they can give you more discount compare to direct rental company.

if you are not travelling outskirt ... just get the basic coverage will do
better be safe den sorry

i think best is dun delcare ( do thing BY LEFT) driver below 25 everything will shoot up.
keep finger cross that nth happens .. if not you just drive all the way... gonna be quite enjoyable anyway

usually they are quite nice and steady, unlike SG which are quite particular ... abit abit also make noise.
just check that everything is in working condition
if not comfortable ... can also get them to walk ard and inspect the car and tk video at the same time

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.