gold coast enquiry

CRViper

Reaction score
ur flight tickets ex anot? las time i wen NZ air ticket like ~1000 sgd leh. heart pain ah

Guess depends which airline and which travel period mah... Usually June and dec holidays are peak season and pricing will be higher..

Also Scoot is considered as budget airline so cheaper than say maybe SIA? Even those traveling with scoot if they choose the "scoot business class" sure expensive depends who are we comparing with lol

kSsSsSs

Reaction score
sorry to hijack thread over here but just gonna check out if it is feasible to still rent a car if I was travelling with my gf only which probably means only 2 person.

I do know that buses might come every 30mins and so and per trip is like 4+ AUD so really just weighing the cost difference, or would it be feasible to just rent cars for certain days? BTW just going for approximately 7days.

kevin301

Reaction score
sorry to hijack thread over here but just gonna check out if it is feasible to still rent a car if I was travelling with my gf only which probably means only 2 person.

I do know that buses might come every 30mins and so and per trip is like 4+ AUD so really just weighing the cost difference, or would it be feasible to just rent cars for certain days? BTW just going for approximately 7days.

The freedom and mobility you get with driving a car in Australia is quite hard to put a price on. I would advise registering your email address with a few of the rental companies. Occasionally they'd send you promo emails with voucher codes. I received one recently, and immediately used it to book for upcoming trip in June. Book 6 days get 1 day free! The 7 day rate already quite attractive. Now enjoy additional 1 day discount ;)

maxrebo

Reaction score
If you have a car, Mount Tambourine is worth a visit. Kids would probably enjoy bird feeding at O'Reilly's as well the Alpaca farm. A nice day trip out of Gold Coast.

maxrebo

Reaction score
The freedom and mobility you get with driving a car in Australia is quite hard to put a price on.

Agree on this. Give you so much option to move around. When you get bored with Gold Coast, can even explore further to Brisbane or Sunshine Coast if you have a car. ;)

kevin301

Reaction score
Agree on this. Give you so much option to move around. When you get bored with Gold Coast, can even explore further to Brisbane or Sunshine Coast if you have a car. ;)

From Noosa down to Byron Bay... all reachable within a day's trip from the Gold Coast... :)
That's an area probably a hundred times the size of Singapore :)

walkofwinners

Reaction score
Arrived in brisbane on 19 March via scoot before taking a 2 hours drive down to gold coast, including a pit stop at surfers paradise.

It's a must have to drive in aussie else it defeats the purpose if you take the bus/train! Public transports ain't gonna bring u up to springbook natural park where the view is amazing at the top! :)

XsenseX

Master Member
Reaction score
Rent a car, its worth it ... Can either travel up to brisbane (1.15mins) or go south towards tambourine mountains and the lamington national parks.

I usually rent from Budget OR Avis. Both are good. The recent one i went with Budget cause their 8 seater was well priced.

Anyways, If anyone needs Gold Coast Theme Park Super Pass ... Let me know.

I've 2 Super Pass (unused) to let go cheaply. Just need to activate by 15 march 2015 (1 yr) and you can go the 3 main theme parks unlimited for 1 month.

Cheers

acetylcholine

Master Member
Reaction score

Definitely go for a vehicle. Like what the others have said, the convenience of having your own vehicle is good enough a reason. Furthermore, unlike cities like Melbourne and Sydney, parking in Gold Coast is usually free (other than the more central areas like Surfer's Paradise). If you don't drive to Brisbane, the roads in Gold Coast do not have tolls. Visits to Springbrook, Lamington and Mount Tamborine will be good when you are sick of theme parks. :D

kevin301

Reaction score
Arrived in brisbane on 19 March via scoot before taking a 2 hours drive down to gold coast, including a pit stop at surfers paradise.

It's a must have to drive in aussie else it defeats the purpose if you take the bus/train! Public transports ain't gonna bring u up to springbook natural park where the view is amazing at the top! :)

Scoot flies to Brisbane? :s11:

kSsSsSs

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies !! btw anyone tried staying in Grand Chancellor or Vibe hotel before ? Does the hotel have complimentary parking ? Or I have to pay additional for parking ???

kevin301

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies !! btw anyone tried staying in Grand Chancellor or Vibe hotel before ? Does the hotel have complimentary parking ? Or I have to pay additional for parking ???

Probably best to check with the hotel.
Lots of free parking in the Gold Coast (unlike Sydney or Melbourne CBD), so I presume the hotel would not charge for parking. Still... best to check and avoid a nasty surprise.

edit: Found the expedia link for Hotel Grand Chancellor HERE.
It mentions a surcharge for parking.... :(

Last edited:

nlee84

Reaction score
Probably best to check with the hotel.
Lots of free parking in the Gold Coast (unlike Sydney or Melbourne CBD), so I presume the hotel would not charge for parking. Still... best to check and avoid a nasty surprise.

edit: Found the expedia link for Hotel Grand Chancellor HERE.
It mentions a surcharge for parking.... :(

http://www.vibehotels.com.au/hotels...surfers-paradise/vibe-gold-coast/car-parking/ Vibe is chargeable.. i have checked before.

parking in gold coast is cheaper than brisbane though... i booked evolution apartment in Brisbane city center and parking is AUD $25 per night.

Last edited:

kevin301

Reaction score
any food places to recommend for GC?

Just saw a recommended list by ladyironchef , and I have not been to any of the establishments listed!
I used to like Chiangmai Thai (main branch at Broadbeach) a lot, but last trip there I felt the standard dropped a lot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.