Gold Coast Itinerary

f0r3v3r

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning for my GC trip in October.
Anyone can advice the weather then? Also, is it recommended to take public transport or rent a car? we only have 2 pax.

I would like to cover the following in my 6D5N

1st day : touch down early in the morning at Brisbane airport.
Dreamworld, Outback Spectacular
2nd day : Movie World, Harbour Town Outlet, Surfer Paradise Beachfront Market
3rd day : Broadwater Adventure Ride, Sea World, WetNWild
4th day : Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary or Paradise Country Aussie Farm Tour (Which is more recommended?)
5th day : Tangalooma Island resort. For wild dolphins feeding, sand toboggan, ATV (Have anyone tried this? is it worth the money?)
6th day : Return to Singapore on a 1150am flight

Any experts can advice if the above is feasible? also, any restaurants recommendations or must visit places which i have missed out.

Thanks a lot.

walkofwinners

Reaction score
More feasible to rent a car in gold coast, save you the time instead of having to wait for public transport.

Not expensive to rent in gold coast, rented from thrifty with promotional rates.

f0r3v3r

Reaction score
More feasible to rent a car in gold coast, save you the time instead of having to wait for public transport.

Not expensive to rent in gold coast, rented from thrifty with promotional rates.

Hi walkofwinners,

Thank you for your advice. we can only pick up the car from thrify at Brisbane Airport? How was the parking at GC and Brisbane?

kevin301

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning for my GC trip in October.
Anyone can advice the weather then? Also, is it recommended to take public transport or rent a car? we only have 2 pax.

I would like to cover the following in my 6D5N

1st day : touch down early in the morning at Brisbane airport.
Dreamworld, Outback Spectacular
2nd day : Movie World, Harbour Town Outlet, Surfer Paradise Beachfront Market
3rd day : Broadwater Adventure Ride, Sea World, WetNWild
4th day : Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary or Paradise Country Aussie Farm Tour (Which is more recommended?)
5th day : Tangalooma Island resort. For wild dolphins feeding, sand toboggan, ATV (Have anyone tried this? is it worth the money?)
6th day : Return to Singapore on a 1150am flight

Any experts can advice if the above is feasible? also, any restaurants recommendations or must visit places which i have missed out.

Thanks a lot.

Weather in Oct should be cool. Probably around 10-14 at night, up to 23-26 in the day.
Your itinerary sounds very packed! :) Worried that you'll be exhausted on 1st day, and no energy to enjoy Dreamworld.

Have been to Gold Coast a few times in the past few years, but never once set foot in those 'worlds', believe it or not.

Used to like Chiangmai Thai restaurant, but last visit I found that the standard dropped. Nothing much of note in terms of cuisine. I generally like the fish and chips in the coastal towns nearby (Byron Bay, Sunshine Coast, etc)

Hi walkofwinners,

Thank you for your advice. we can only pick up the car from thrify at Brisbane Airport? How was the parking at GC and Brisbane?

Most convenient to rent and return from the airport itself. Saves you additional hassle of finding transport to and from your hotel on arrival and departure.
Brisbane has plenty parking outside of the CBD itself. Within the CBD expect to pay A LOT.

f0r3v3r

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. What attracts you to return to Gold Coast a few times? Can share?

I have actually been to the 'Worlds' once when i am very young. Not sure to visit them all once again.

Any particular must do and eat thing? I have done some tweaks to my itinerary.

Day 1 – Sea World, Paradise Centre (Open till 10pm)
Day 2 – Harbour Town Outlet (9am-530pm), Pacific fair shopping centre(9am-530pm)
Day 3 – Hotair Balloon, Movieworld, Outback Spectacular (7.30pm)
Day 4 - Dreamworld, Surfer Paradise Pasar Malam (5 – 10pm, wed,fri,sun)
Day 5 – Tagolooma Island Resort, Sand Toboggan, Dolphin Feeding
Day 6 – Back to Singapore

kevin301

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. What attracts you to return to Gold Coast a few times? Can share?

I have actually been to the 'Worlds' once when i am very young. Not sure to visit them all once again.

Any particular must do and eat thing? I have done some tweaks to my itinerary.

Day 1 – Sea World, Paradise Centre (Open till 10pm)
Day 2 – Harbour Town Outlet (9am-530pm), Pacific fair shopping centre(9am-530pm)
Day 3 – Hotair Balloon, Movieworld, Outback Spectacular (7.30pm)
Day 4 - Dreamworld, Surfer Paradise Pasar Malam (5 – 10pm, wed,fri,sun)
Day 5 – Tagolooma Island Resort, Sand Toboggan, Dolphin Feeding
Day 6 – Back to Singapore

- I've got free accommodation over there :)
- I try to book my tickets during promos. If I can get good price, I will go.
- I love the weather and the relaxing atmosphere. Lots of nature to explore within a few hours' drive.

I would not say there is anything in particular which is MUST DO or MUST EAT ;) Am not much of a foodie myself. Generally the seafood (prawns, fish, shellfish, etc) is of good quality along the coast. I find the 'urbanspoon' website to be a good resource for when I am out of ideas!

I would advise to plan your itinerary so that you suit the participants and their interests (e.g. shopping, dining, sightseeing, nature trails, etc). This is a rather personal thing, so I am not to keen to offer much specific advice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.