GoldCoast 8D7N Suggestions

oozzzzzz0

Reaction score
for the apex car rental, pay via cc upon booking online?
any idea can opt to pay cash over the counter when picking up the vehicle?
tqtq:)

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
contemplating gg GC via Scoot in Dec. with wife and son who will be 12 months old then. will follow this thread!

kSsSsSs

Reaction score
for the apex car rental, pay via cc upon booking online?
any idea can opt to pay cash over the counter when picking up the vehicle?
tqtq:)

I'm about to email them to ask about this, I will update you once I get my reply =)

kSsSsSs

Reaction score
contemplating gg GC via Scoot in Dec. with wife and son who will be 12 months old then. will follow this thread!

I think with a family would be really nice, lots of farm and things like that. I have been planning my budgeting and found that IF I was bringing my family along I would have alot more options.

You will be surprise at how much cost efficient it would be. Anyway I think I will be updating this thread on my trip and such, so probably you can take it as a reference :)

oozzzzzz0

Reaction score
Any idea how this works?
Does it mean we can get parks entry for 2 days for 1 night booking?
Tks

i believe so. not yet utilize, gg next wk...

maybe the TS will update us later coz he bot that too...:s12:

kSsSsSs

Reaction score
Day 1 - I reached gold coast at about 8am, went straight to the convenience store in the airport to buy a $30 sim card. There are several plans that you can actually read up, just a reminder it is quite troublesome to activate the sim card. Good news is that without activation, by just connecting to the network (e.g Optus Network) I was able to make 1800-xxxxxx calls.

This was extremely useful because I rented my vehicle ( Hyundai I20 ) from Apex, to be honest they had very good customer service. The only down side is that Apex is located outside the airport unlike Hertz, Budget or Thrifty. BUT !!! do not worry, their driver will only take approximately 5mins to reach the airport and you can call them by using the unactivated sim card apparently. ( 1800-xxxxxxx ) --> toll free line i guess

I resided at Hotel Grand Chancellor, the reason for the choice of hotel is it cost approximately $110aud a night, which also includes breakfast and lastly because I was travelling in 2pax and it wouldn't be cost efficient if I chose an apartment. Breakfast was important as meals could cost up to easily 10aud/pax. Taking into account of daily room services such as making up of room and breakfast we decided to go for Hotel.

On the first day I went up to Mount Tamborine, alot of different trekking spots and really nice environment. All I can recommend is to go through the small little shops over there and try to notice for Fudge Shop, try their home-made fudge, its considered cheap if let's say you wanna buy it in singapore from like Candy Empire.

I will continue updating on Day 2,3,4 when I have the time. Sorry guys

nlee84

Reaction score
Day 1 - I reached gold coast at about 8am, went straight to the convenience store in the airport to buy a $30 sim card. There are several plans that you can actually read up, just a reminder it is quite troublesome to activate the sim card. Good news is that without activation, by just connecting to the network (e.g Optus Network) I was able to make 1800-xxxxxx calls.

This was extremely useful because I rented my vehicle ( Hyundai I20 ) from Apex, to be honest they had very good customer service. The only down side is that Apex is located outside the airport unlike Hertz, Budget or Thrifty. BUT !!! do not worry, their driver will only take approximately 5mins to reach the airport and you can call them by using the unactivated sim card apparently. ( 1800-xxxxxxx ) --> toll free line i guess

I resided at Hotel Grand Chancellor, the reason for the choice of hotel is it cost approximately $110aud a night, which also includes breakfast and lastly because I was travelling in 2pax and it wouldn't be cost efficient if I chose an apartment. Breakfast was important as meals could cost up to easily 10aud/pax. Taking into account of daily room services such as making up of room and breakfast we decided to go for Hotel.

On the first day I went up to Mount Tamborine, alot of different trekking spots and really nice environment. All I can recommend is to go through the small little shops over there and try to notice for Fudge Shop, try their home-made fudge, its considered cheap if let's say you wanna buy it in singapore from like Candy Empire.

I will continue updating on Day 2,3,4 when I have the time. Sorry guys

thanks for the update! :) what sim card did you buy from the convenience store? Optus $2 plan available?

kSsSsSs

Reaction score
thanks for the update! :) what sim card did you buy from the convenience store? Optus $2 plan available?

I bought the $30AUD sim card, $2plan is available upon activation. You have to select the plan, it is better to read up on all the different plan in SINGAPORE before you activate it there as you might not have WIFI at first to browse through all the different plans.

$30AUD Sim card = 30AUD VALUE, 1 day 2AUD, you can do the rest of the math then.

kSsSsSs

Reaction score
Day 2 - Went to MovieWorld

Bought the deal of the VIP PASSES ( which entitles to Movieworld, Seaworld and Wild & Wet) @ 49.99/pax. This promotion ends on like 30th of June or something, please do check on it again if you are travelling before that date.

The drive from Surfer Paradise to Movieworld was approximately 20-30mins. One thing to note is that there are alot of construction going on in Surfer Paradise, due to the upcoming TRAM SERVICE that will be starting on june or july. SO BEWARE !! GPS might not guide you through the right path all the time and some 2 way roads had change into 1 way roads.

Movieworld was a little disappointing to me because a few rides was down for maintenance and if you guys did try going to Universal Studio Singapore, I would say USS > Movieworld , this is just in my opinion so don't expect too much from it as well. One thing to note is that due to winter season, the queue for rides are definitely shorter wso you can enjoy more rides if u are a rides person.

I left MovieWorld at approximately 3pm, and head down to Harbourtown. You guys can do some google map search or GPS if provided in the vehicle and find that it is in close proximity (10-15mins at most).

There are a lot of shops, can kill like 2-3 hours over there. The only recommendation is that you can check out for Shoes, brands like Onizuka, Acsis, etc etc seems to be alittle cheaper.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.