Perth during June holidays in 2014

ddqwerty

Reaction score
If your excess is $500, you only pay $500 regardless of the total cost of the repairs/damage. No birds has a rider to bring this down to $50 iirc. And no, you can't claim from your gf's portion.

thanks for helping to clear my doubts! =)

mingean

Reaction score
how about your accommodation?
are you making reservations or look for accommodation on the way?

hiyager

Reaction score
Hi all!

Do you have any hotel/apartments recommendations around Margaret River for 7 adults? I'm going during june holidays.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Do you have any hotel/apartments recommendations around Margaret River for 7 adults? I'm going during june holidays.

I usually stay at Darby Park because its just behind the visitor centre and not too expensive. Near a gas station too :o

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I staying at Perth Ambassador hotel, 3.5 stars hotel 24m2 with bath tub, 4 nights around 320 sgd.
Then 5th night staying at Goodearth hotel, 90 sgd.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I staying at Perth Ambassador hotel, 3.5 stars hotel 24m2 with bath tub, 4 nights around 320 sgd.
Then 5th night staying at Goodearth hotel, 90 sgd.

Er none of those hotels are at Margaret River?

joshbel

Reaction score
Hi

I am also planning a self drive holiday to Perth from 6 - 16 June, is that the final itinerary you are sticking with? Never been to Perth, not sure what to do there?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am also planning a self drive holiday to Perth from 6 - 16 June, is that the final itinerary you are sticking with? Never been to Perth, not sure what to do there?

Staying at CBD area, find Sydney more things to walk lol ...
CBD area has free buses lol ...
Went to King Park, took free bus around 15min and alight then walk the lottery west ... then walk to king's park like botanic garden.

Today morning 830am reached heirisson island to see the 6 kangeroo on the island . Walked from hotel cbd area around 20min to reach there. Then walk another 15minutes inside to see them.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying at CBD area, find Sydney more things to walk lol ...
CBD area has free buses lol ...
Went to King Park, took free bus around 15min and alight then walk the lottery west ... then walk to king's park like botanic garden.

Today morning 830am reached heirisson island to see the 6 kangeroo on the island . Walked from hotel cbd area around 20min to reach there. Then walk another 15minutes inside to see them.

Should drive. You need a car to really explore Perth.

Last edited:

mngedo

Reaction score
Hey dede1217 ,

i see you are in perth now :) hope everything is fine... did you manage to book any tour?
Btw, let me know if you managed to see the location of my apartment (Fraser Suites)

Enjoy!!

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey dede1217 ,

i see you are in perth now :) hope everything is fine... did you manage to book any tour?
Btw, let me know if you managed to see the location of my apartment (Fraser Suites)

Enjoy!!

Fraser Suites is within the Free transit zone, where you can take free buses at cbd area. Your location is very near to heirsson island, which is a 15 minutes walk from your hotel. You would be able to see 6 wild kangaroo island the island. In addition, you may spot koala bear there.

You can take bus 2 stops down the road to go to Rise supermarket 24 hours. You can take bus 3 stops from your hotel, alight after duxton hotel, there is subway opposite and dome cafe.

Subway prices:
7.45 aud foot long meatball, ham
8.96 aud foot long tuna, roast beef

So far visited King Park, heirisson island, discovery museum (20aud).
Musuem super small, walk one round 10 minutes complete already.
King Park you can take bus 37 there.
King Park seems like botanic garden , and you can also go lotterywest federation walkway.

mngedo

Reaction score
Fraser Suites is within the Free transit zone, where you can take free buses at cbd area. Your location is very near to heirsson island, which is a 15 minutes walk from your hotel. You would be able to see 6 wild kangaroo island the island. In addition, you may spot koala bear there.

You can take bus 2 stops down the road to go to Rise supermarket 24 hours. You can take bus 3 stops from your hotel, alight after duxton hotel, there is subway opposite and dome cafe.

Subway prices:
7.45 aud foot long meatball, ham
8.96 aud foot long tuna, roast beef

So far visited King Park, heirisson island, discovery museum (20aud).
Musuem super small, walk one round 10 minutes complete already.
King Park you can take bus 37 there.
King Park seems like botanic garden , and you can also go lotterywest federation walkway.

THANK YOU! this is so helpful, is the apartment near to your hotel? seems like there is no food/supermarket within walking distance?
heirsson island seems interesting! I will check it out.
btw, how do you know what bus to take? :s11: (this i am worried)

Anything to do at night? did you went to northbridge?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU! this is so helpful, is the apartment near to your hotel? seems like there is no food/supermarket within walking distance?

Welcome :)
Fraser Suite is two stops from my hotel, perth ambassador.
Supermarket can go to woolsworth near murray street , beside gloria jeans. That area has macdonald, pepper lunch, taka japanese restaurant, and some other cafes and restuarants there. There is a myer, something like our tangs.

Your hotel cross opposite, take any red bus for around 5-6 stops and alight.
If you unsure, you can observe ppl who are taking the bus, they wont tap their transport card nor make any payment :)

Free shuttle bus end 7pm, sky becomes kinda dark when reaches around 6pm. Restaurants, cafe etc closes at around 5+ to 6+ :)

Not much night life. As advised by my friend studying in Perth, he says is better to stay indoor at night :)

Last edited:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There are pubs and restaurants at Northbridge. Walked past the pubs/clubs a few times but don't think I wanna go in though. Couple of good restaurants at Northbridge for dinner or you can go KTV, at least that's what I did when I was there the past few times. Or go into those TW cafes, read magazines, chit chat and have a drink.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are pubs and restaurants at Northbridge. Walked past the pubs/clubs a few times but don't think I wanna go in though. Couple of good restaurants at Northbridge for dinner or you can go KTV, at least that's what I did when I was there the past few times. Or go into those TW cafes, read magazines, chit chat and have a drink.

NorthBridge is near discovery museum, but their museum very small, walk one round 15 min finished, so think is not worth 20 aud going in lol ...

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NorthBridge is near discovery museum, but their museum very small, walk one round 15 min finished, so think is not worth 20 aud going in lol ...

Go Northbridge is eat Corica and Viet Hoa and sing KTV. Or buy Asian groceries. The dim sum in Perth not that great so don't bother trying.

Assenkay

Reaction score
Can consider dropping by Kakulas Brothers if you are at Northbridge. They sell quite a number of sweets, nuts (in shell and deshelled) and spices.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go Northbridge is eat Corica and Viet Hoa and sing KTV. Or buy Asian groceries. The dim sum in Perth not that great so don't bother trying.

haha thanks. notice alot of japanese stores there ... and some stores selling vietnamese food ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.