HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Razer Lachesis

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #1

Razer Lachesis

In win7, how to program the mice on the 2left buttons[call F Mouse button4 (Forwards) ..wire-side & G Mouse button (Backward) ...palm-side] in opposite way like same direction as the Logitech mouse like MX510, etc

In win7, why the razar program (Lachesis Driver ver1 & ver1.10) give Warning! No mouse Detected! Pree OK to scan USB ports again or press Cancel to continue (No settings will be saved).

How to program the button assignment, Polling Rate, Dpi Switcher, Memoery, etc.
Thanks.
Mem2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #2

Hi anyone/Ban Leong,

Can the Razar software (Lachesis Driver ver1 & ver1.10) for Lachesis mouse work in Window 7?

Is there any compatible issue with Window 7 OS?

Note in the win 7, it shows HID-compliant mouse under Mice and other pointing devices (Device Manager).

When open up the softwere to config the mouse, it prompted
Warning!
No mouse Detected!
Press OK to scan USB ports again or press Cancel to continue (No settings will be saved).
Anyone face this problem?
And How to solve the problem? Thanks.
[Driver ver 1.10 Firmware ver 6.01] Cannot update firmware due to Razar software CANNOT work in win7. {... ..}

How to program the button assignment, Polling Rate, Dpi Switcher, Memoery, etc.
Thanks.
Old 16-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #3

Just perform un-install the Razar software (Lachesis Driver ver1.10) and re-install in win7 OS.

When open up the software to config the mouse, No more prompted to
Warning!
No mouse Detected!
Press OK to scan USB ports again or press Cancel to continue (No settings will be saved).
[Driver ver 1.10 Firmware ver 1.91]
It works NOW with polling rate=500Hz, DPI switcher=1500.

How comes the firmware ver change from 6.01 to 1.91?
Haven't update to ver 1.94 due to Razar firmware software does NOT work on win7 OS.

<End>
Old 17-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
Hardware Clinic, Storage Clinic, Apple Clinic & Sub-forums

Just perform un-install the Razar software (Lachesis Driver ver1.10) and re-install in win7 OS.

Warning!
No mouse Detected!

Haven't update to ver 1.94 due to Razar firmware software does NOT work on win7 OS.

<End>
I will test and get back to you..
Operating hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm Sat, 9am - 12:30pm
Sunday: Closed. Helpdesk Hotline: 6512 9250
http://banleong.hardwarezone.com/
denniszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #5

Warning!
No mouse Detected!

<End>
Hi,

I too am using the lachesis mouse and using the lastest driver and firmware 1.94 on Windows 7 OS utimate which i have not encounter any problem yet.

All i encounter is the mouse will not move upon restart or booting of com but Ban Leong have help solved it. Which happens that the mouse is faulty.

Did you check if you installed the correct version of 64bit or 32 bit?
Iceman127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #6

Lachesis mouse [Driver ver 1.10 Firmware ver 1.91] on Windows 7 OS utimate 64bit.

I do encounter sometimes (a few times) the mouse cursor will NOT move (blue light still ON) accordingly to the way you move the mouse upon restart or booting of computer. Mouse faulty? Mouse NOT compatible to win7? or others?

=================
FYI: If win7 identify the mouse driver present, it will work and see the profile number that being selected. Working with setting: polling rate=500Hz, DPI switcher=1500.

Old 28-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #7

"I do encounter sometimes (a few times) the mouse cursor will NOT move (blue light still ON) accordingly to the way you move the mouse upon restart or booting of computer. Mouse faulty?"

Yup i got the same problem as you.
Ban Leong told me its mouse faulty.
You should make a trip there to let them help you
Iceman127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #8

Last time, very intermittent.
Now (or Recently), I encountered this problem more frequently:i.e. the lachesis doesn't respond upon a cold startup of the computer on Windows7 64bit... The blue lights are "ON" but the cursor can't be moved via the action of movement of mouse. So I will have to unplug the lachesis mouse, and plug it in again (USB) without turn OFF the PC!
[Note that Firmware update from 1.91 to 1.94; ONLY can be done on XP AND VISTA but NOT windows 7. You need to install the Razer Lachesis Driver v1.10 (XP and VISTA) before running Firmware update1.94]

(XP and VISTA)
http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...81&nav=0,76,18

http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...d=422&nav=0,76

[After Firmware update1.94 using XP, you will notice that the lachesis mouse cursor can't be moved via the action of movement of mouse.
Disconnect the device and plug it in again.]

Can BAN LEONG people come into this thread and give us an explaination & solution in windows 7 64bits, intel i5/i7 CPU. BAN LEONG, please don't tell us to update the firmware as the firmware will NOT work under windows 7. I think the lachesis mouse (USB device) is NOT compatible to windows 7 or most batch of lachesis mouse (USB device) is having problem or consider as FAULTY unit. Seem like Ban Leong/Razer has to look into this issue seriously. If you do a search, you'd noticed many users reported similar issues in web. A quick search on google brings up many related problems as well.
=>Imply=> A lot of people in the world complain on this problem. Yet, up to TODAY still facing the problem.... ... ..

FYI: I bought the Razar lachesis mouse during Jun2010.
Old 24-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #9

For my case now,
1) Uninstall the Razer Lachesis Driver v1.10 for windows7 under the Programs and Features. Re-start the computer is needed.

2) Then, uninstall ALL Lachesis USB mouse driver for windows 7 under Device Manager -- Human Interface Devices . The Razer Lachesis mouse will become NOT working, blue light is "OFF".

3) Unplug the USB device (Lachesis mouse) and plug it in again. For windows 7 under Device Manager -- Human Interface Devices . It will use USB Input Device as for Razer mouse.

It might be related to the Lachesis mouse USB driver (including HID compliant devices indicating Lachesis related) which is NOT compatible under windows7 OS

OR

Most batch of lachesis mouse (USB device) is having problem OR consider as FAULTY unit.

Can BAN LEONG people come into this thread and give us an explaination & solution in windows 7 64bits, intel i5/i7 CPU. BAN LEONG, please don't tell us to update the firmware from 1.91 to 1.94 as the both firmwares 1.91 & 1.94 will NOT work under windows 7 including lachesis driver1.00 and lachesis driver1.10. Seem like Ban Leong/Razer has to look into this issue seriously. If you do a search, you'd noticed many users reported similar issues in web. A quick search on google brings up many related problems as well.

=>Imply=> A lot of people in the world complain on this problem. Yet, up to TODAY still facing the problem.... ... ..
===============
Pay some much and cannot use the features of the Razer mouse. It's now is a normal, cheap USB mouse.
Old 25-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #10

For case2 update,
1) Uninstall the Razer Lachesis Driver v1.10 for windows7 under the Programs and Features. Re-start the computer is needed.

2) Then, uninstall ALL Lachesis USB mouse driver for windows 7 under Device Manager -- Human Interface Devices . The Razer Lachesis mouse will become NOT working, blue light is "OFF".

3) Unplug the USB device (Lachesis mouse) and plug it in again. For windows 7 under Device Manager -- Human Interface Devices . It will use USB Input Device as for Razer mouse.

4) Connect 2 USB mouse devices (Razer Lachesis mouse and standard cheap mouse) on the motherboard beside the keyboard. For windows 7 under Device Manager -- Human Interface Devices . All used the USB Input Device (Microsoft 21Jun06 ver6.1.7600.16385); Mice and other pointing devices -- HID-compliant mouse

5) If you perform a cold start-up (Shut-down the PC, then switch ALL MAIN supply(230VAC) to the PCs to "OFF", wait at least 5 minutes and then ON the PC); you will notice that the cursor for Razer USB mouse will NOT move accordingly (blue light is ON) while the other standard/cheap USB mouse work accordingly.

It might be related to the Lachesis mouse USB driver (including HID compliant devices indicating Lachesis related) which is NOT compatible under windows7 OS

OR

Most batch of lachesis mouse (USB device) is having problem OR consider as FAULTY unit.

Can BAN LEONG people come into this thread and give us an explaination & solution in windows 7 64bits, intel i5/i7 CPU. BAN LEONG, please don't tell us to update the firmware from 1.91 to 1.94 as the both firmwares 1.91 & 1.94 will NOT work under windows 7 including lachesis driver1.00 and lachesis driver1.10 and microsoft standard driver. Seem like Ban Leong/Razer has to look into this issue seriously. If you do a search, you'd noticed many users reported similar issues in web. A quick search on google brings up many related problems as well.
Some MANY DAYS have passed, still NO action/reply from Ban Leong. What is the standard turn-around time for Ban Leong to react on any issue in the forum here?

===============
Pay so much and cannot use the features of the Razer mouse. It's now is worst than a normal, cheap USB mouse.

Last edited by Mem2003; 25-08-2010 at 06:38 PM..
Old 25-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
Master Member

Hi bro, give them some time, i believe they will give you a satisfactory solution.

I too, face the same problem and even more on the side buttons. Read up on my thread if you want to know more.

Check this video on the side buttons problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olku3...eature=related

If you bind your side buttons to a single key, and press the side buttons and mouse 1 simultaneously, you will trigger the side buttons to keep spamming repeatedly.

Last edited by Aeroplane.; 25-08-2010 at 06:47 PM..
Aeroplane. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #12

faced the same problem recently
sometimes the cursor can move, sometimes cannot
plug in and plug out the usb cable, can detet the mouse
running on window xp

so confirm it's a faulty mouse ?

so far, plug in another cheapo usb mouse no problem .
mingsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #13

Now, Razer has just released the firmware updated via windows7 to version1.94 on 01 Sep 2010.
http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...74&nav=0,76,18

[Note, this ONLY for those user using windows7 that wish to update the mouse firmware to version1.94.]

.... ..... ..... ..... ....... .........
....Problem still UNSOLVED, waiting for BanLeong for solution?
<SO LONG LONG HAS PASSED> Yet still no answer/solution from BanLeong/Razer.

OR

BAN LEONG people, please come into this thread and give us an explaination & solution in windows 7 64bits, intel i5/i7 CPU .
BAN LEONG, please don't tell us to update the firmware from 1.91 to 1.94 as the both firmwares 1.91 & 1.94 will NOT work under windows 7 including lachesis driver1.00 and lachesis driver1.10 and microsoft standard driver. It will give the same prioblem. Ban Leong/Razer has to look into this issue seriously. If you do a search, you'd noticed many users reported similar issues in web. A quick search on google brings up many related problems as well.
So MANY MANY MANY DAYS have passed, still NO action/reply from Ban Leong.
What is the standard turn-around time for Ban Leong to react on any issue in the forum here?

===============
Pay so much and cannot use the features of the Razer mouse. It's now is worst than a normal, cheap USB mouse.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #14

....Problem still UNSOLVED, waiting for BanLeong for solution?
<SO LONG LONG HAD PASSED ... Months ... Months ...> Yet still no answer/solution from BanLeong/Razer.
Look like BanLeong does NOT interested to discuss the well known issue(s) in the forum.

OR

OR MAY BE ALL RAZOR product..."Software"... ... ....

BAN LEONG people, please come into this thread and give us an explaination & solution in windows 7 64bits, intel i5/i7 CPU .
BAN LEONG, please don't tell us to update the firmware from 1.91 to 1.94 as the both firmwares 1.91 & 1.94 will NOT work under windows 7 including lachesis driver1.00 and lachesis driver1.10 and microsoft standard driver. It will give the same prioblem. Ban Leong/Razer has to look into this issue seriously. If you do a search, you'd noticed many users reported similar issues in web. A quick search on google brings up many related problems as well.
So MANY MANY MANY DAYS have passed, still NO action/reply from Ban Leong.
What is the standard turn-around time for Ban Leong to react on any issue in the forum here?

===============
Old 02-10-2010, 01:57 AM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tried RMAing yet? It worked for me. RMA'd and now it's working fine on Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
ZerozeroZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.