[official] BlackBerry Bold 9790

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it has 9360 design, 9900 processor.

not bad. but for bold series, why they must put curve design on it :s22: they know damn well curve is for the budget.

btw its coming first in indonesia...

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Science+and+Tech/Story/A1Story20111116-311000.html

Not same processor. The 9900 has a Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon. This 9790 has a Marvell Tavor. Speed also different.

From the sides maybe it looks like a curve, from the front the keyboard is a obvious dead giveaway that its related to the bold and not the curve. Curve has the island keys.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not same processor. The 9900 has a Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon. This 9790 has a Marvell Tavor. Speed also different.

From the sides maybe it looks like a curve, from the front the keyboard is a obvious dead giveaway that its related to the bold and not the curve. Curve has the island keys.

think he refer to the new style of the main 4 buttons

1ghz here vs 1.2 on 9900
oh well.. why no m-s1 puzzles me really

sandste

Reaction score

i mean 50% from the top looks exactly like curve 9360...

when you talk about keyboard, if they really give curve keyboard on a bold then i think RIM designer mabok oredi...

oh? 9900 is 1.2ghz? i didnt know that :s13: i thought its 1ghz?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

when you talk about keyboard, if they really give curve keyboard on a bold then i think RIM designer mabok oredi...

u need to see my phone on fb already then... curve keyboard on the bold... with m-s1 somemore... 3.2mp cam, auto focus..:s8:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just hate the 4 buttons and the back.

but no choice, it has to be slightly uglier than the flagship 9900

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just hate the 4 buttons and the back.

but no choice, it has to be slightly uglier than the flagship 9900

yeah maybe it will be better if they just roll out one with the same design as the 9700/9780. maybe in silver like the new torch.

The top you mean the screen? Well if you noticed both the bold and curve all have models with a 2.4+ inch screen. Its hardly an exclusive thing.

I guess we just look at it in different perspective. To me its always the keyboard with the silver trims in between the keys. :D

yah its a 1.2ghz Qualcomm.

july14

Reaction score
Yep, the 4 buttons sucks.

Other than that it looks good.

At first i regret getting 9900, but after reading through specs and view pics. I feel better with 9900.

july14

Reaction score
Why u regret? :s11:

I regretted getting Bold 9900 at first was before I read the full details and beforfe viewing pics posted in many websites. That time I only compare the size (which i preferred small), processor speed and OS etc.

I was thinking it would be good to have almost similar hardware as Bold 9900 and yet a smaller handset will be great. 9790 fitted in to my requirements, ie. Small size, Touch screen, OS7, Superior speed to 9780

Then after going more deeply into the specs, I realise the processor is slower. The unfavourable design of the 4 buttons and a smaller touch screen, I am again happy that I got the Bold 9900.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah. So they saying that be happy with what you have is a good one :p

I regretted getting Bold 9900 at first was before I read the full details and beforfe viewing pics posted in many websites. That time I only compare the size (which i preferred small), processor speed and OS etc.

I was thinking it would be good to have almost similar hardware as Bold 9900 and yet a smaller handset will be great. 9790 fitted in to my requirements, ie. Small size, Touch screen, OS7, Superior speed to 9780

Then after going more deeply into the specs, I realise the processor is slower. The unfavourable design of the 4 buttons and a smaller touch screen, I am again happy that I got the Bold 9900.

jimmytango

Reaction score
Got 50% discount off for 1000 unit launched today (at jakarta)
Will there be same promo here? looking to get it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.