[Official] BlackBerry KEYone

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mean to compare it with your service. Just wondered if their drop in price means the local set will be coming soon. Will you be selling the local set when it comes out?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mean to compare it with your service. Just wondered if their drop in price means the local set will be coming soon. Will you be selling the local set when it comes out?

Don't get me wrong. I'm just comparing Mine :p:p

It's hard to say, but considering the fact that that's roughly the market price to begin with (that I may have accidentally set when I priced it prior and for no warranty sets even lower, they aka over priced their sets), they could be just adjusting to market norms. Like how shops drop the value of the Sony xz premium from 1k to 850 etc. Interesting that it took them so long to realise though. Mobilesq, Burrington area mobile shops have been set at that price for weeks already.

Funfact: BlackBerry Singapore employees didn't even have not seen the KEYone yet, as of yesterday when I was there for briefing (for other matters)

I may or may not depending on how easy it is for you guys to buy. I'm only bringing in because of the potential difficultly of getting one set as well as accessories. If it's widely available, then its better to go and support them by going through them. Accessories will continue to be available, that's for sure. :)

m26409021

Reaction score
I'm quite confused here, should I buy oneplus 5 or Mi6 or Keyone? Because Keyone has the similar price as the other two and now I'm not sure if Keyone has the features to justify its price. Please advise.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm quite confused here, should I buy oneplus 5 or Mi6 or Keyone? Because Keyone has the similar price as the other two and now I'm not sure if Keyone has the features to justify its price. Please advise.

Get the following :
One plus: iPhone clone, don't need microsd but extremely exploitable / customizable (easy to root or get hacked for the matter). Spend a lot of money on chargers and USB IF you want to enjoy fast charging. Currently unavailable will need wait a few more weeks.

Keyone: unique keyboard, definitely one of the most awesome and powerful battery lasting device around. Using standard USB c and a quick charger (relatively cheap these days) for fast charging. Will confirm increase your productivity. Mid range processor means you probably won't be gaming on it. Expect monthly OS security patches OTA and pretty much no chance to exploit it (be it you or others) which means root is gonna be quite hard. Microsd support up till (current ) 256GB. Warranty for keyone is also quite straight forward. Also out of the box, one of the more cleaner and less bloat / customed apps built it.

Mi6: plays some game, get a little wet is OK. also. No wired earphone port so died in must use wireless, like apple. You can't expand memory as well. Chargers is also using standard USB c and quick charger.

Last edited:

JudeBox

Reaction score
Gotten my keyone from city square yesterday morning. Managed to get the retailer to transfer the stock to city square (thumbs up for that).

It's not the fastest nor the smoothest at the pricepoint. But.. It's the best phone with the keypad at any price. So get the keyone if you want the keypad (my last bb was 9780)

On a side note... I've gotten 5hrs SOT for my first battery depletion.. Is this normal? (Doesn't seem to be as good as crackberry people are saying).
Currently at 64% with around 2hrs 50mins SOT...

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Gotten my keyone from city square yesterday morning. Managed to get the retailer to transfer the stock to city square (thumbs up for that).

It's not the fastest nor the smoothest at the pricepoint. But.. It's the best phone with the keypad at any price. So get the keyone if you want the keypad (my last bb was 9780)

On a side note... I've gotten 5hrs SOT for my first battery depletion.. Is this normal? (Doesn't seem to be as good as crackberry people are saying).
Currently at 64% with around 2hrs 50mins SOT...

Which shop ? Third party shop?

mosprockett

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.