[Official] BlackBerry Porsche Design P9983 'Khan'

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, now it really boils down to whether you prefer this or Q10.

But of course this is still better (in long term)

Frankly Im considering the P'9983 is mostly for the design and form factor, I don need so much space and I need a email dedicated phone as I need to have email access and ease of seeing my emails and replying them as my current smartphones cannot make it for email.

From what you have mentioned, it seems very sufficient for my needs and I did saw and held the P'9983 before at the Porsche Singapore Store last month and I like it :)

delrosa81

Reaction score
Well, now it really boils down to whether you prefer this or Q10.

But of course this is still better (in long term)

I am thinking thinking thinking cos Im very gian the phone lol. Im a carbon fibre and metal material phone ***** lol.

BTW, I understand modern day Blackberries no need standalone Blackberry plan right? Just normal data will do? Can I use multi-sim with modern day blackberries?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking thinking thinking cos Im very gian the phone lol. Im a carbon fibre and metal material phone ***** lol.

BTW, I understand modern day Blackberries no need standalone Blackberry plan right? Just normal data will do? Can I use multi-sim with modern day blackberries?

Here:
http://ourberries.com/2013/02/02/clarified-bis-not-needed-for-blackberry-10/

And on the side note, bis+multisim also works for legacy devices.

delrosa81

Reaction score
Just got the P'9983 from the store at MBS yesterday. So far so good, but I noticed when loading some apps, it takes a longer time and seems to have a bit of a lag.

I also prefer the previous blackberry OS of the 9900, seems easier to use but maybe I need more time to get used to the new OS.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got the P'9983 from the store at MBS yesterday. So far so good, but I noticed when loading some apps, it takes a longer time and seems to have a bit of a lag.

I also prefer the previous blackberry OS of the 9900, seems easier to use but maybe I need more time to get used to the new OS.

Generally, loading native applications shouldn't lag. However, that can't be said for android applications. Though after abit of usage, android apps should smoothen out abit.

That said, that's why I'm using 9981 and 9982/9983 concurrently. There are somethings that my 9982/9983 can and can't do that my 9981 can and can't do as well :p

delrosa81

Reaction score
Generally, loading native applications shouldn't lag. However, that can't be said for android applications. Though after abit of usage, android apps should smoothen out abit.

That said, that's why I'm using 9981 and 9982/9983 concurrently. There are somethings that my 9982/9983 can and can't do that my 9981 can and can't do as well :p

I noticed when loading apps like blackberry world it does lag abit but still bearable for me though. Im also using android and ios concurrently and ios is the easiest followed by android then followed by BB10 but still I love the form factor of the P'9983 though lol.

I like the design of the P'9981 best and I don really like P'9982 bcos it does not have a physical keyboard. I love the BB keyboard lol.

delrosa81

Reaction score
Some pics of my new toy :s13:

DSC_0318.JPG

DSC_0319.JPG

delrosa81

Reaction score
runing 10.3.1 out of the box?

No it didnt but I didnt log down the version but i did an update yesterday and now the firmware shows 10.3.0.908. Seems like my version is older than 10.3.1? I tried to check for software updates but none.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No it didnt but I didnt log down the version but i did an update yesterday and now the firmware shows 10.3.0.908. Seems like my version is older than 10.3.1? I tried to check for software updates but none.

Yup that is right. I also didnt bother loading 10.3.1 onto 9983. :)

delrosa81

Reaction score
Welcome to the club, dont forget to add us on BBM, follow our BBM Channels, Twitter and Facebook. ;)

And... Clean the keyboard

Thanks Xmad! Where do I go and find you guys pin and channels? Yeah just cleaned up my phone lol

yueytan

Reaction score
Ordered the black P''9982 to go along with my P'9983! Should arrive next week. Will post some pics! :)

yueytan

Reaction score
Wow I didn't know there was actually a BlackBerry community in Singapore! I should frequent these forums more.. good to see :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.