[Official] BlackBerry Priv: the Android Slider

vani1la

Reaction score
So my Priv's screen broke (cracked), went this afternoon to the Blackberry "service centre" in Minora Centre level 3. Boarded the lift, pressed "3" and the lift moved up. Lift door opened to closed metal shutters.
Went down back to level 1, saw a printed paper near the lift door, stating that the level 3 service centre is no more, that for inquiries, you ask the phone shop on the level 1 (Mstation).
I asked the shop lady about my Priv's screen replacement, she dials someone and asked about it. She said its gonna cost me 380$ and 3-4 weeks waiting time.
Screw that.
Does anybody know who can repair my Priv?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So my Priv's screen broke (cracked).

I asked the shop lady about my Priv's screen replacement, she dials someone and asked about it. She said its gonna cost me 380$ and 3-4 weeks waiting time.

Screw that.
Does anybody know who can repair my Priv?

Price is gonna be similar/more than a second hand and maybe a new priv... :s22:

rEe_TaN

Master Member
Reaction score
Where can i get another new priv? first one serve me well but battery is getting bad to worst

MZeee18

Reaction score
I did. Just that I feel it’s overly priced. A shop at Burlington used to have preowned one, selling for $250-260 and came with full box and good condition of the phone. Yet Carousell sellers asking way more.

Try carousell. Lots of priv.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
I did. Just that I feel it’s overly priced. A shop at Burlington used to have preowned one, selling for $250-260 and came with full box and good condition of the phone. Yet Carousell sellers asking way more.

Shops will lowball and take in their priv sets. That’s why carousell users are asking for more.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
I know shops will take in Low. What I meant was that shops selling 250-260. Not take in amount.

If the shops are selling at 250 - 260 , that means the shop will take in even lower than that amount. So carousell users are expecting to fetch higher than trade in value la. 250 for a used priv is very cheap imho. My priv is almost 2 years old and still working fine.

damien76

Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask my question.

I have a priv and somehow the power button got "stuck" or something. Sometimes it keep restarting by itself for a few hours or even days before log in screen. And when it's powered on, it is extremely difficult to press the power button for restart.

I Google online and is quite sure the power button contact has got some issue. I went to the blackberry service center and they refer to another service center elsewhere. I called to fix appointment but the person in charge is always not there. When I leave my contact with the operator , nobody bothers to call me back.

Can anyone offer me some advice what I should do? Is there a shop who can do repair for BlackBerry priv?

Thanks

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
From the blackberry website, there’s only 1 service centre in Singapore which is located at The Central at Clarke Quay. Not sure which other service centre you were being referred to. Maybe you can provide more info ?

damien76

Reaction score
The service center at Clarke Quay only for latest models like KEYone and motion. As for the previous models like priv, it is taken care by another.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can list the details of the another service centre? Many of us did not heard about this “another” one. I’m sure if you list down the name and location , some users here would be able to identify or come forward if they have their Priv serviced there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.