[Official] BlackBerry Priv: the Android Slider

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
price point is reportedly around the USD$630 mark. If it is true, then it is comparable to iPhone :eek:

that's pushing at the top end of the android market, Xperia Z5/Galaxy S6 territory. consumer wise, would someone chose this over the usual brands? i think it is tough. :(

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

myhairverypain

Reaction score
Specs wise i would say its pretty similar to Sony Z5. Z5 rrp 998 vs Priv 885. However Sony is considered pretty late in the game as other makers like LG G4 and HTC M9 with similar specs already out earlier this year and rumoured to be releasing their flagships with 820 early next year. LG G4 as of now is only $700 or so.

To make matters worse the hype over 820 and its significant improvement over 810 seems to put 808 deep in the shadows. Might be really bad for Priv if another brand announces their 820 flagship shortly after Priv goes on sale.

Imo if Priv goes on sale within 2015 with that price point maybe still can swallow but if its in 2016 then ppl rather just wait a bit for other makers to announce their new phones. Lets hope all goes well for BB.

Still deciding between Z5p or Priv.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The strategy is not so clear. Those on still BB might not switch so readily as 1) they still be on reasonably new devices (Passport, Q30) and longer upgrade cycles 2) Enterprise customers likely to wait and see. For the consumers, brand awareness is low, and high price invites comparison with competitors.

myhairverypain

Reaction score
Was looking at the John Chen Priv demo vid and realised he kept swiping up like in BB10. OMG if the finalized Priv has gestures from BB10 they really can take my money already.

FactoryEffex

Reaction score
Anyone still getting it just for the keyboard?
I never own a BB before, but would Iike to use back physical keyboard so likely will buy it. I retired my LG G3 and looted a brand new nexus 6 32gb a week ago so wait see approach on the review.. Another factor would be the price, if around $750-$850 will be even better.

Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.