HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

BB9900 latest os?!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Scout Trooper

BB9900 latest os?!

hi guys, i got a bb9900 quite a while back... i havent updated the OS at all cause when i plug it in with desktop manager there are no OS updates available? i've seen on other forums from other country that the bb9900 got many new os already... whats going on?

btw im still using the stock OS out of the box... it is OS v 7.0.0.261, platform 5.0.0.464

help!
Flattoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Master Member

easier way would be to download the os yourself and install using a windows computer. Maybe the local carriers and not pushing the updates out. but there is definitely newer version out officially from our telco.

check out the asia section
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

if you dont mind non-official, just visit Downloads : BlackBerry FAQ.
Flattoe likes this.
Alexz_Hong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #3

i also using stock os v7.0.261
bbbbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Master Member

i also using stock os v7.0.261
Go update to 7.1, or can refer to maddy's download section for the latest/available softwares: Downloads : BlackBerry FAQ
Flattoe likes this.
GGGGGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Use 7.1.0.205 lor~
xtramadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Master Member

Use 7.1.0.205 lor~
using now already? How is it
Old 21-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
High Supremacy Member

using now already? How is it
Idk. Powering up later tonight if got the time.... Loving da curve <3
Old 21-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
Master Member

Idk. Powering up later tonight if got the time.... Loving da curve <3
Just updated, shall see how it is
Old 21-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
Master Member

I've been using .205 for a few days. Everything looks good. Feels the same as .190, or maybe i'm just a little obtuse. haha. battery life feels the same as .540 for my usage. As with all other builds i've tried, stable, no lag. The plus point is of course the east asian language inputs.

My only gripe is the input as well though. You know how you can now mange inputs with 7.1? unchecking those you don't use so it doesnt show up when you do a alt-ent to chane input. I only use chinese pin yin inputs so i uncheck all the rest. But everytime you do a restart or battery pull, the input goes back to default again. need to uncheck it again. Not sure whether it is a bug, or it is just how the os manages it, but it is a little annoying. Has been the same with .74 as well. I was tempted remove the cod files for other inputs as well to simplify things but decided it's not worth it. haha. easier to uncheck everytime i reboot rather than go through thousands of cod files. anyway, i'm sure there will be newer builds eventually, so whats the point.
Old 21-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #10

i think i will just stick to the stock os
bbbbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
Master Member

i think i will just stick to the stock os
How come? the stock OS seems to drain the battery faster. And in my experience earlier builds are often less stable, with later releases fixing bugs and rectifying issues. There will never be a perfect OS build. Every manufacturer is constantly releasing new versions of their OS, often with no changes other than fixes.

Bro, if you prefer official OS builds there are much newer version available from all local telcos already. .579 if i'm not wrong.
Old 21-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #12
High Supremacy Member

Aiya its his choice lor.... We advise him alr..
Alexz_Hong likes this.
Old 22-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #13

I've been using .205 for a few days. Everything looks good. Feels the same as .190, or maybe i'm just a little obtuse. haha. battery life feels the same as .540 for my usage. As with all other builds i've tried, stable, no lag. The plus point is of course the east asian language inputs.

My only gripe is the input as well though. You know how you can now mange inputs with 7.1? unchecking those you don't use so it doesnt show up when you do a alt-ent to chane input. I only use chinese pin yin inputs so i uncheck all the rest. But everytime you do a restart or battery pull, the input goes back to default again. need to uncheck it again. Not sure whether it is a bug, or it is just how the os manages it, but it is a little annoying. Has been the same with .74 as well. I was tempted remove the cod files for other inputs as well to simplify things but decided it's not worth it. haha. easier to uncheck everytime i reboot rather than go through thousands of cod files. anyway, i'm sure there will be newer builds eventually, so whats the point.
Just shrink your OS and install only Simplified Chinese input. Delete the associated Wubihua and changjei files and alt+enter switches between English and Pinyin input. Works great!
somato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #14
Master Member

Just shrink your OS and install only Simplified Chinese input. Delete the associated Wubihua and changjei files and alt+enter switches between English and Pinyin input. Works great!
haha, thanks for the recommendation bro. But i dont really like shrinking my OS ya. too lazy to reload it again anyway.
Old 22-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
High Supremacy Member

dont even need shrink... if u use faq method hor, can choose not to even load to begin with
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.