Beautiful Q5 !!!

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xmad, can you PM me the price for mod to red color?

Thanks. :)

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Played with it at courts, not too bad. Just not a fan of the plastic used, if not wrong screen plastic too, not glass. Screen is not too bad though. OS is pretty smooth when I tried, keyboard not as much travel as the Q10, but still decent nonetheless, nice to type on too. All the button nice to press too.

Verdict? 450 off contract is still too expensive. If 400 like that? Maybe.... If 350? Mai tu liao, hoot. BlackBerry is not in the position to command a premium. They need a cheap enough device to get people to impulse buy. Cheap enough that people might just buy one to try just because. For example, I bought a Lumia 520 just because it was so cheap, I felt like even if I might not like it, it doesn't matter. It's cheap. If i didn't like it, I can just pass it on to someone else.

This is one way to get people to give BB10 a chance, and BB10 is not an OS that you can truly understand by just playing a few with it from demo units. If people try it, and like it, they might just upgrade to a Q10 or Z10. Otherwise, I don't think the public has enough faith in BlackBerry to just put down the cash required to get on board BB10.

Last edited:

tomtan07

Reaction score
I won't mind getting a used one for $200... Not happening now, but further down the road, maybe which by then a new qwerty flagship would be released, which I might also hoot :s13:

lunn89

Reaction score
just signed a q5 with singtel! xtra can pm me how much to mod to red colour also??

so far, batt i think average only.. probably about 30-40% better than iphone.
loving the physicall keyboard tho!

lunn89

Reaction score
U got the free case with purchase ?
yes i got the free case from singtel. Seriously the casing is crap. It's just like any 3rd party rubber casing..
I reckon the box from blackberry containing the casing cost price is higher than the rubber casing the giving..

I feel that this phone look good enough to use naked. Personal preference :o

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not the only one :s13:

Although, I would prefer using otterbox on most days...

But haven't seen or received details on the otterbox for q5 yet.

yes i got the free case from singtel. Seriously the casing is crap. It's just like any 3rd party rubber casing..
I reckon the box from blackberry containing the casing cost price is higher than the rubber casing the giving..

I feel that this phone look good enough to use naked. Personal preference :o

Backlash

Master Member
Reaction score
Not the only one :s13:

Although, I would prefer using otterbox on most days...

But haven't seen or received details on the otterbox for q5 yet.

Thinking of taking the plunge to switch over from android to BB. The OS10 looks good. really keen but the news of BB that was released a few days ago is putting me back.

Worried about the support for the OS and hardware should anything happen to the company.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyo. If this puts you off... Then nokia phones confirm cannot buy also.

Look at the debt
Look at the financial stability. If so many bill of cash... Ready on hand...

Okay la. The management also wols. Sometimes though, reporters and ANALysts tend to blow it out of context. Like remember earlier this year, got this idiot say the bb10 returns were higher than the figures being sold to plummet the stock?

Now is still relative safe to buy (both phones and stock) imho. Maybe when warranty expire then got smth diff to talk about but for now... Enjoy what we got! :vijay:

Which enticed you though? 5 or 10? Or... 30? :s13:

Last edited:

Backlash

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiyo. If this puts you off... Then nokia phones confirm cannot buy also.

Look at the debt
Look at the financial stability. If so many bill of cash... Ready on hand...

Okay la. The management also wols. Sometimes though, reporters and ANALysts tend to blow it out of context. Like remember earlier this year, got this idiot say the bb10 returns were higher than the figures being sold to plummet the stock?

Now is still relative safe to buy (both phones and stock) imho. Maybe when warranty expire then got smth diff to talk about but for now... Enjoy what we got! :vijay:

Which enticed you though? 5 or 10? Or... 30? :s13:

Keen on the 5 bcos of the keyboard layout. I prefer something more widely spaced which is why I took a fancy to the Q5 when I saw the physical set.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's a good qns. Haven't tried or seen any teardown yet. Q10 is difintely possible. but I think I q5 shld be able bah

lunn89

Reaction score
if you want to change from android to bb make sure you're ready to lose alot of things..

From my personal experience ( note - iphone - q5 )
You'll lose ALOT of Apps (even if bb have the apps you want, you must pay at least $2.50 for quality apps), notification accessibility, widgets from android.

I gain slightly better batt life, communication integration (email, msg, whatsapp, fb, twitter) all in the hub, and last but not least the most important part for me is PHYSICAL QWERTY

Oh btw, because i have a note 8.0 to compensate for the loses thats why i decided to jump ship over to bb, PURELY for the keypad. haha

Last edited:

lunn89

Reaction score
So far any issues hit on Q5?
the only problem I'm facing now is lack of batt indication in % (require 3th party app but it must be actively open), stupid alarm only let you set 1 alarm, batt drainage when in lock mode (drains like 6-8% overnight) which i think iphone does better..

nevertheless it does what a phone should do exactly, it COMMUNICATES very very well

Backlash

Master Member
Reaction score
if you want to change from android to bb make sure you're ready to lose alot of things..

From my personal experience ( note - iphone - q5 )
You'll lose ALOT of Apps (even if bb have the apps you want, you must pay at least $2.50 for quality apps), notification accessibility, widgets from android.

I gain slightly better batt life, communication integration (email, msg, whatsapp, fb, twitter) all in the hub, and last but not least the most important part for me is PHYSICAL QWERTY

Oh btw, because i have a note 8.0 to compensate for the loses thats why i decided to jump ship over to bb, PURELY for the keypad. haha

Thanks. My current Optimus G Pro is purely for texting, instgram and social networking.

Nothing else. Just like you I have a note 8 to compensate for work related mails and calendars.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.