HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Blackberry classic Q20 question. Pls help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Blackberry classic Q20 question. Pls help.

Hi I kind of like the design of the bb classic. Also heard about its android compatible.(I'm a android user btw)

So is it easy to have google playstore inside?
Launchers etc all can use?

Anyone knows?

Sent from S7 edge using GAGT
Hinata76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Hi I kind of like the design of the bb classic. Also heard about its android compatible.(I'm a android user btw)

So is it easy to have google playstore inside?
Launchers etc all can use?

Anyone knows?
Nice to hear that you like.
To answer some of your myths:
  1. It is android-capable. but IT IS NOT AN ANDROID! This means that it will run android applications, but it is not running android.
  2. Yes launchers can be used. BUT,it only will run in the android side of things. The main BlackBerry 10 end will not change
  3. No. Google PlayStore is not preinstalled and you can't do it, at least without some modifications. Even with the modifications, it will not be a true android (Since your and android user and in case you are expecting that)
  4. Yes, that said, you can install the modified Google Playstore. But like any other device with the Google services installed, expect battery to drain like no tomorrow.
  5. App's using google services won't run perfectly. Unless its been modified. That said, most apps, which arent using the google services, but the open-source android services/dependecies can run though.
xtramadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:29 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Eh....okay..so still need blackberry services to run? Like bb pin etc? Last. I tried using was a 9000..lol..

Hinata76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:32 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Eh....okay..so still need blackberry services to run? Like bb pin etc? Last. I tried using was a 9000..lol..
Huh? What are you talking about?

I believe your query has been covered:
https://ourberries.com/2016/08/01/psa-singtel-no-longer-supports-bis/

For others - drop me an email or BBM.
xtramadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:26 AM   #5

It is android-capable. but IT IS NOT AN ANDROID! This means that it will run SOME android applications only, . no apps(blackberry playstore) for facebook ,youtube ,DBS banking ,DBS vickers etc ...coming soon NO support for Whatsapp !! ..the amazing amazon playstore only contain about 10% of android apps (mostly useless apps) .....luckily can install google playstore else i would have thrown my passport out of my window

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
busybody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.