Blackberry Passport

NationalSlave

Reaction score
Blackberry Passport uses the BB10 OS. I read that the BB10 OS has an android runtime where we can run Android apps. Are these android apps the latest updated apps? Can they be updated on a similar cycle as the ones found in the Google Play Store on android phones? When using such android apps, are there any issues such as instability crashes etc? Is the battery life good and the hardware decent?

Can I still find a demo set in any shop for the Blackberry passport?

Last edited:

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Blackberry Passport uses the BB10 OS. I read that the BB10 OS has an android runtime where we can run Android apps. Are these android apps the latest updated apps? Can they be updated on a similar cycle as the ones found in the Google Play Store on android phones? When using such android apps, are there any issues such as instability crashes etc? Is the battery life good and the hardware decent?

Hello,

We have a dedicated thread which will answer all of your queries already. You may find it here:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/b...fficial]-blackberry-q30-passport-4717840.html
In short summary:
- It is a android runtime that runs most applications
- Applications that can be run will run more or less fine (minus some games that are stuck on 16:9 display dimensions)
- You can update them as and when the apps are updated through the respective app stores
- Battery life would be one of the best you would ever have
- Crashes -> Yes, of course, if you run too many heavy applications at one time. It happens on any phones.

If you like to try out the device, I'm more than happy to let you try it out - just hit us up on BBM to arrange one :)

Last edited:

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score

BB Passport user here. I will try my best to answer your questions. But please head over to the Passport thread if you want to know more.

Are these android apps the latest updated apps? Can they be updated on a similar cycle as the ones found in the Google Play Store on android phones?

It depends on where/how you download the apps? Direct apk download? Or from sideload Google Play Store?

When using such android apps, are there any issues such as instability crashes etc?

It depends on what apps you are referring to. Can you list down the apps that you use most often?

You can load sideload Google Playstore on BB10 in the link below. Follow the instructions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-apps-amazon-store-apk-files-f413/google-play-store-blackberry-10-read-first-post-instructions-985344/

Is the battery life good and the hardware decent?

I'm sure you have heard of the Passport's awesome battery life? ;)

Head over to youtube for more Passport reviews.

Not sure if there are any demo sets on display now. Maybe you can join our BBM group to get a feel of the device.

you can leave your BBM pin in the sticky thread to discuss more.

NationalSlave

Reaction score
What is the difference between a direct apk download Or from sideload Google Play
Store?

Some of the apps I use most often are whatsapp, facebook, BBM(def supported duh), twitter(sometimes), google maps, telegram(if it can be used, good,not a big deal), sg bus leh, my singtel, messenger Facebook , snapchat,LINE.
That's about it. I'm kinda worried about whatsapp and facebook as I heard they have been pulled from the blackberry app store and will not be supported. Google maps work well? If there are here maps, it'll be good.

Which sticky thread are you referring to?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.