HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(FAQ) For Blackberries. Please read this before asking.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #31

I just call sh up and according to the cs. He told me there is no difference between the two browser just that one bring me to sh homepage and another bring me to the homepage of my choice. Sounds bit bull to me though. I also check regarding youtube and indeed sh got no restriction on them. But should I use the default browser which is under gee! or use the new internet browser?
Refugees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #32

Also forgot to mention that there is this logo with an arrow pointing at 7 o'clock position with a star at its rear to the left of the 3g logo while surfing and when I'm not surfing its in the middle. Any idea what the logo mean?
Old 16-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #33
High Supremacy Member

Also forgot to mention that there is this logo with an arrow pointing at 7 o'clock position with a star at its rear to the left of the 3g logo while surfing and when I'm not surfing its in the middle. Any idea what the logo mean?
Picture please. Use camera or take screenshot.

Im thinking could be an update. (cant rmb atm)

I just call sh up and according to the cs. He told me there is no difference between the two browser just that one bring me to sh homepage and another bring me to the homepage of my choice. Sounds bit bull to me though. I also check regarding youtube and indeed sh got no restriction on them. But should I use the default browser which is under gee! or use the new internet browser?
Its correct. But, the CSO forgot mention that using the GEE!, quite a bit of settings will differ like support for some things is omitted.
Just use the default browser set to "internet". Hotspot as mentioned, is only wifi. Gee! has some features missing. Internet supports both wifi and data and by default, has most features enabled.
xtramadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #34

Yeah. The logo is an update available. No problem. Will change the setting. Thanks for your help!
Old 17-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #35

Got a new question to ask. Currently I'm on starhub 1gb bis plan than when using third party apps like Bolt, opera mini. Will there be extra charges? Or it falls under my bis plan as well?
Old 17-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #36
High Supremacy Member

In bolt, u can go to preferences and set BIS as transport mode
For moi is under moi bis =)
Old 17-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #37

Under transport, there is only two options. http and socket. The default is already http. So am I safe? What about other apps? Are all of them covered under starhub bis plan?

Last edited by Refugees; 17-08-2010 at 03:40 PM..
Old 17-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #38
High Supremacy Member

http.. Yup. Covered under bis for me.
Old 17-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #39

Oh, you using starhub as well? Read through some thread and thought you're on singtel. So I can go and download anything from the apps store and from crackberry site?
Old 17-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #40
High Supremacy Member

Yes I'm on st. But st has more limitations than sh. So it should be covered. Besides, remember that sh got no limitations?
Old 17-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #41

help

Hi,

I have this iphone data plan smartsurf. And then i got a new ph from my sis blackberry 9700. I heard to be able to fully use BB, i need BIS plan. But my contract is still a long way to go. Can anyone tell me what i can do with my new BB? I know i cant use push mail and email. but i have data plan and i dun get it, y cant i fully use my bb? how bout facebook, twitter and Can i use BB messenger (the one with the pin)?

Pls help me out.
Thanks and sry if this questions have been asked.

Dynosaur.
Dynosaur is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Dynosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #42
High Supremacy Member

Hi,

I have this iphone data plan smartsurf. And then i got a new ph from my sis blackberry 9700. I heard to be able to fully use BB, i need BIS plan. But my contract is still a long way to go. Can anyone tell me what i can do with my new BB? I know i cant use push mail and email. but i have data plan and i dun get it, y cant i fully use my bb? how bout facebook, twitter and Can i use BB messenger (the one with the pin)?

Pls help me out.
Thanks and sry if this questions have been asked.

Dynosaur.
Dynosaur is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Hi bro.
i redirected you here is for you to READ this post.
Your questions have all been answered already.

iphone plan = BBOM in the website.
Old 18-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #43

SingTel BIS

Hi,

I have been using BB for several months but still have some questions with regards to SingTel BB service.

I subscribed to the plan with 12gb data service and 3gb Blackberry Internet service. I like to know what apps/services use 12gb data service and what uses 3gb BIS? I am currently using Internet browsing, MSN, BB Messenger, Facebook and several apps. Which uses what?

I am travelling overseas soon and which to subscribe for one of SingTel's data roaming service. The clause stated "Unlimited data roaming usage is only applicable on BlackBerry APNs. If you use a BlackBerry device but surf on non-BlackBerry APNs (e.g. Internet APN or e-IDEAS APN), prevailing data roaming charges apply."

So what's BlackBerry APNs? Does Internet surfing, MSN-ing, Push-mails include under this APN service?

Lastly, is the default Internet Browser installed on the device BLACKBERRY INTERNET BROWSER?
mailerboxsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #44
High Supremacy Member

Hi,

I have been using BB for several months but still have some questions with regards to SingTel BB service.

I subscribed to the plan with 12gb data service and 3gb Blackberry Internet service. I like to know what apps/services use 12gb data service and what uses 3gb BIS? I am currently using Internet browsing, MSN, BB Messenger, Facebook and several apps. Which uses what?

I am travelling overseas soon and which to subscribe for one of SingTel's data roaming service. The clause stated "Unlimited data roaming usage is only applicable on BlackBerry APNs. If you use a BlackBerry device but surf on non-BlackBerry APNs (e.g. Internet APN or e-IDEAS APN), prevailing data roaming charges apply."

So what's BlackBerry APNs? Does Internet surfing, MSN-ing, Push-mails include under this APN service?

Lastly, is the default Internet Browser installed on the device BLACKBERRY INTERNET BROWSER?
Hi bro.
i believe the answer was already given to you on the thread you created not long ago.

For unlimited, it should be included in the umbrella already.

The default internet browser is called browser. Usually set to ur telco's portal. U may want to set to "internet browser" under options.

In most instances (if u use default), its routed through BIS and not the data plan (12gb aka bbom). And when u tether, only then it will touch that.
The APN is a access point name whereby it is a unique identifier that allows connection to the network and it identifies the data access services associated with your account. The APN is the exit point from the 3G or GPRS network into either the public Internet or a private customer gateway.

We usually wont touch that unless we tether.

Blackberry services (if im not wrong) are not activated when APN is active (someone mentioned it earlier. Have not got to try it though).
What i think it means is that, through the blackberry access points which have already been integrated into the device by default.
Old 19-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi i'm going to be a hybrid user of both iPhone and Blackberry 9630 soon.

I have a few queries please bare with me as i'm a new user. Googling it online gives me so much info till i don't know whether it is helping me or not. lol. Or shall i say super confused till there is one day whereby i'm stressed out.

1st. My SH line is on Smartsurf 300. I understand that i need a BIS in order to fully utilies my bb. Now, when i surf the net, like lets say googling and other website am i using my Bbom? or am i using BIS?

2nd. If i'm having a BIS. When i'm using Whatsapp for instance. Will it use BIS or bbom?

3rd. Bb Pin. How do i go about it? Is it a think to download? Or a thing to play with? Or is it one bb device fixed to one bb pin? Or is it Telcos will give us a specified bb pin?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.