Headache setting up email accounts on Blackberry Classic..

cmdsea

Reaction score
So firstly my apologies if this is already answered somewhere in the Forum but I have had a browse around and cant find the answer..

My elderly Bold 9790 finally died and I have just replaced it with a BB Classic. I also got a new sim card as it needs the tiny type card.

Everything works fine, whatsapp and internet etc except for my work email. We are a small business using the Singtel BizWeb service for our work email, website and internet. When i try and set up the account I follow the POP settings as shown on my PC for my email but just get an error message " The Server... for your account is not responding. Please check your settings and try again."

Called my phone provider (Starhub) who talked me through some config settings and successfully sent me a test message, then declared the phone to be working fine and said I would need the mobile specific settings from Singtel.

Called the Singtel bizweb support who told me they are PC support only, they then bounced me to Singtel mobile who werent interested as its a Starhub phone. Put me back to Bizweb, put me on hold and then ignored me... :mad:

I doubt I am the first person to have this problem. Any guidance to any forums or BB helpdesks or support that might be able to help me set this up correctly and get it working correctly would be much appreciated...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.