HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

help with blackberry 9900

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chaddeus

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #1

help with blackberry 9900

Hello, i just got a blackberry 9900 phone last week. I'm quite new to blackberry as it is my first time using it. Right now im encountering a problem with this phone. Sometimes the phone will auto land on the RSS feed page, when i tried to click the escape key it will keep going back to the rss feed page, and the screen will blink non-stop. A few times when i click on the phone icon, it will try to dial my contact when i didnt even click on dial. When i try to end call it will move to the next contact and dial again.. its so annoying. I don't even know what the problem is can someone pls assist? It's like the phone is acting on its own sometimes and pressing the escape button won't work

And also, just to mention. im using m1 prepaid card. I have downloaded whatsapp messenger in appsworld by connecting it through wifi. When i step out from my house there is no wifi connection but my friends still see me as available the whole day, thus sending me a msg through whatsap Is there any way that i can disable whatsapp when im out, as i need wifi in order to receive and sent message, which is not working for me. I can only receive the msg when im connected to wifi at home. I have an ipad on 3G data plan. Is there any solution that i can connect my phone to the ipad to share the data services when im out?
iAdele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Maybe you accidentally press the screen and accidentally dial to someone. This is one of the problem with touch screen. So you need to constantly lock the phone when you are not using it.

As for whatsapp messenger, I dont know how to truely disable it other than just existing the program by clicking the Menu Button and EXIT but you may still receive incoming messages.

You can try to delete "WAP2 Transport" from your service books by going to Options > Device > Advance System Settings > Service Books. Look for WAP2 Transport and delete it. This thing will show up again so you need to constantly monitor it.

Also, go to Options > Device > About Device Versions. Look at the v7.0.0.xxx. Tell me what version are you running. You may need to update your phone's firmware.

Good luck. Blackberry is a good phone but better if you have a BIS plan rather than the normal data plan.

- Charles
chaddeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Hello, i just got a blackberry 9900 phone last week. I'm quite new to blackberry as it is my first time using it. Right now im encountering a problem with this phone. Sometimes the phone will auto land on the RSS feed page, when i tried to click the escape key it will keep going back to the rss feed page, and the screen will blink non-stop. A few times when i click on the phone icon, it will try to dial my contact when i didnt even click on dial. When i try to end call it will move to the next contact and dial again.. its so annoying. I don't even know what the problem is can someone pls assist? It's like the phone is acting on its own sometimes and pressing the escape button won't work

And also, just to mention. im using m1 prepaid card. I have downloaded whatsapp messenger in appsworld by connecting it through wifi. When i step out from my house there is no wifi connection but my friends still see me as available the whole day, thus sending me a msg through whatsap Is there any way that i can disable whatsapp when im out, as i need wifi in order to receive and sent message, which is not working for me. I can only receive the msg when im connected to wifi at home. I have an ipad on 3G data plan. Is there any solution that i can connect my phone to the ipad to share the data services when im out?
Using BB without BIS is, sorry to say, just a dumb phone.
One disadvantage of WhatsApp that it will always shows you as available and noway to disable that.
I'd recommend you to port your number to SH or ST to get a prepaid BIS plan as M1 does not have one to offer for prepaid customer.

Regarding your phone, I'm not sure whats wrong, might want to try update the software to the latest version.
yi_shiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

looks like u forgot to lock ur phone. maybe a slide to unlock app will assist u

Please download WhatsApp for BlackBerry and NOT use the appworld version.

FOr later versions (latest) it is available elsewhere from Whatsapp.

Use wifi hotspot lor..
xtramadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #5

Maybe you accidentally press the screen and accidentally dial to someone. This is one of the problem with touch screen. So you need to constantly lock the phone when you are not using it.

As for whatsapp messenger, I dont know how to truely disable it other than just existing the program by clicking the Menu Button and EXIT but you may still receive incoming messages.

You can try to delete "WAP2 Transport" from your service books by going to Options > Device > Advance System Settings > Service Books. Look for WAP2 Transport and delete it. This thing will show up again so you need to constantly monitor it.

Also, go to Options > Device > About Device Versions. Look at the v7.0.0.xxx. Tell me what version are you running. You may need to update your phone's firmware.

Good luck. Blackberry is a good phone but better if you have a BIS plan rather than the normal data plan.

- Charles
Thanks for the reply. Nope, i wasn't touching the screen, my fingers were just on the keyboard only. I tried to set the touchscreen sensitivity to the lowest but still.. it didn't work. Realize the problem is it will auto select at the bottom left hand corner. So it's always my rss feed and call button that got affected. I dunno if this is a hardware or software issue. But yeah, you mention that locking the phone work, i've tried locking and unlocking the phone.. sometimes it work only.

Hmm.. sorry to ask but why do i need to monitor this "WAP2 transport?" What's it for?

I'm running on v7.0.0.261, platform 5.0.0.464. Is this the latest version?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Answer:
your version is known as .261

Downloads : BlackBerry FAQ
latest is .590
or 7.1.0.190

All you need to download is in the link above.

To upgrade, follow step by step:
http://faq.ourberries.com/?page_id=534
Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #7

Using BB without BIS is, sorry to say, just a dumb phone.
One disadvantage of WhatsApp that it will always shows you as available and noway to disable that.
I'd recommend you to port your number to SH or ST to get a prepaid BIS plan as M1 does not have one to offer for prepaid customer.

Regarding your phone, I'm not sure whats wrong, might want to try update the software to the latest version.
Yes, you are right. Without BIS, it's really not called a smartphone. LOL Number port? Thanks for your recommendation but I thought postpaid mobile then can do number port? Prepaid also can?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #8

Answer:
your version is known as .261
Thanks for the links!! I will try it out now
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 AM   #9

looks like u forgot to lock ur phone. maybe a slide to unlock app will assist u

Please download WhatsApp for BlackBerry and NOT use the appworld version.

FOr later versions (latest) it is available elsewhere from Whatsapp.

Use wifi hotspot lor..
What is the different of downloading from WhatsApp for BlackBerry as compare to using the appworld version.

In WhatsApp for BlackBerry , it also says that same thing can be download from Blackberry Appworld.
july14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

If there is no difference, there will be no post.

Like the faq. Its also freely available by just asking and waiting for people to type nmah
Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the reply. Nope, i wasn't touching the screen, my fingers were just on the keyboard only. I tried to set the touchscreen sensitivity to the lowest but still.. it didn't work. Realize the problem is it will auto select at the bottom left hand corner. So it's always my rss feed and call button that got affected. I dunno if this is a hardware or software issue. But yeah, you mention that locking the phone work, i've tried locking and unlocking the phone.. sometimes it work only.

Hmm.. sorry to ask but why do i need to monitor this "WAP2 transport?" What's it for?

The thing about Singapore BIS plan is that it will come with unlimited internet thru their Blackberry.net APN and you are getting additional xxxMB of additional data. Certain data such as streaming of movie would not be part of the blackberry.net APN and when this happen, it will use the WAP2 Transport APN to stream the movie and you will deduct from your xxxMB plan OR may charge you extra.

In addition, when your BIS is down, it might use the WAP2 Transport APN rather than the blackberry.net. Some applications might use the WAP2 Transport APN for advertisement on their programs etc.

- Charles
iAdele likes this.
chaddeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

Yes, you are right. Without BIS, it's really not called a smartphone. LOL Number port? Thanks for your recommendation but I thought postpaid mobile then can do number port? Prepaid also can?
Prepaid can port to another prepaid provider.
but not to postpaid.
yi_shiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #13

Answer:

To upgrade, follow step by step:
Upgrading Operating System : BlackBerry FAQ
Sorry to trouble you again.

I have downloaded the version .190 OS installer. After installing it in my com, i delete the vendor.xml file. Next, i click on loader and plug in my handset, the application loader wizard appears but i don't see the blackberry system software inside the list. I only see a few apps like facebook, wireless music sync and etc. Then I click next the remarks states that no actions required. I am unable to upgrade the OS

Did i go wrong somewhere?
Old 14-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #14
High Supremacy Member

U need to follow the exact steps and TIPS in the website (tips is on the different page) to loadit. Bcuz u don't have bis.

Now, its also vendor fileS

More help or show appreciations:
HWZ Blackberry Support | Facebook

Could really do with more support
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.