Thinking of switching back to BB ...some qns

STJ

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Am thinking of switching back to blackberry as my google apps doesn't work in china 90% of the time and they've even blocked out VPN.

1) Will BB BIS roaming work in China?
2) Can it handle xls, doc, pdf attachments well now? My last BB was a BB curve...
3) When I subscribe to BB BIS as a VAS, BIS will use the "1gb" for only BB emails and all other things like youtube, whatsapp, etc will use from my main data plan?
4) I know that you can now install android apps, but can anyone help me check if the CIMB Itrade Singapore trading platform work ??

thanks a mil!
Cheers

jk_eugenetay

Reaction score
i don't think BB 10 devices need BIS plans anymore. Am using a BB Classic, handling word, excel, PDF are ok. Android apps can be found in Amazon App store.

I use iPhone & BB, like the combination of both as BB is quite user friendly too.

STJ

Reaction score
Hey many thanks for the reply. Does that mean that the BB10 device will use IMAP/POP3/Activesync like any other android phone? My aim is to be able have my blackberry device "pull" email from my corporate Google apps account then push it to my blackberry. Is this doable via BB10??

jk_eugenetay

Reaction score
Hey many thanks for the reply. Does that mean that the BB10 device will use IMAP/POP3/Activesync like any other android phone? My aim is to be able have my blackberry device "pull" email from my corporate Google apps account then push it to my blackberry. Is this doable via BB10??
I believe it uses IMAP/POP3. pulling of your files from gmail and my corporate mail via IMAP; google apps i am not so sure though

shahir

Reaction score
I was a loyal user of BB till my company decided to use Afaria to connect to mail server. That's where I change to Android. You'll first have to confirm first that your work mail server will allow BB devices to connect.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Am thinking of switching back to blackberry as my google apps doesn't work in china 90% of the time and they've even blocked out VPN.

1) Will BB BIS roaming work in China?
2) Can it handle xls, doc, pdf attachments well now? My last BB was a BB curve...
3) When I subscribe to BB BIS as a VAS, BIS will use the "1gb" for only BB emails and all other things like youtube, whatsapp, etc will use from my main data plan?
4) I know that you can now install android apps, but can anyone help me check if the CIMB Itrade Singapore trading platform work ??

thanks a mil!
Cheers

1) BlackBerry 10 devices don't need BIS now. Normal data plan will do.
2) Docs to Go app pre installed in the BlackBerry can view and edit doc xls Pdf.
3) see point 1
4) i tried downloading the CIMB trade app from Google play store (sideloaded ; see Crackberry forums on how to do it) . It loads fine on the login screen (don't have an account with them, so I can't try further)

STJ

Reaction score
Thanks all! pulled the trigger for a passport yesterday..everythings' looking good!

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can download Amazon store in ur bb device and u can download android apps from ur phone directly without the need to download apk and side load them

STJ

Reaction score
Thanks all again. You guys probably know this already but I found an apk called "1mobile market" and I've found everything I needed so far using this app.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks all again. You guys probably know this already but I found an apk called "1mobile market" and I've found everything I needed so far using this app.

You can directly download the apk file and install the app also

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.