HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Those who are buying USED blackberry devices from dealers / internet sellers...

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #16

Exclamation Export set - Storm2 9550 from Verizon

Hi,

I got my phone from ebay USA. Its unlocked. Able to use in singapore under normal data plan but soon i will get bis.

I want to make sure the phone is good pin to register bis?

I saw the earlier post regarding the check if the phone pin is bad?

Here is what i did....

For verizon, i tried enter the pin and MEID(DEC) to register but was prompted device not registered with provider..

For M1 and also singtel, i tried enter the pin and IMEI to register and was prompted device not registered with network but i can key in user name and set password..

So my question is... no matter what website we try to register, so long its a blackberry webby for carrier... if the device pin is good, it will prompt as above????

Hope to get some feedback on this issue.

Last edited by titusilvering; 17-05-2010 at 10:55 PM..
titusilvering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

I got my phone from ebay USA. Its unlocked. Able to use in singapore under normal data plan but soon i will get bis.

I want to make sure the phone is good pin to register bis?

I saw the earlier post regarding the check if the phone pin is bad?

Here is what i did....

For verizon, i tried enter the pin and MEID(DEC) to register but was prompted device not registered with provider..

For M1 and also singtel, i tried enter the pin and IMEI to register and was prompted device not registered with network but i can key in user name and set password..

So my question is... no matter what website we try to register, so long its a blackberry webby for carrier... if the device pin is good, it will prompt as above????

Hope to get some feedback on this issue.
Well, if i have personally tested on many bb(s) before, good working pin/imei will lead you to the next step instead of what u encounter. As for the 2nd pic in the M1 BIS site, it's showing that your pin/imei is able to register for BIS.
timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

how long does it usually take for a PIN to be released?
Kusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #19

how long does it usually take for a PIN to be released?
I accidentally registered the device with starhub and called their helpline, they checked and released the device instantly. so your operator should be able to release quite fast too.
Old 25-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

hm, cause i recently bought a second hand set and the owner says that it is released. however after trying the method proposed by timberland, it seems that the device is still not released
Old 25-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #21

hm, cause i recently bought a second hand set and the owner says that it is released. however after trying the method proposed by timberland, it seems that the device is still not released
if the device is released, the pin is good, you should see this screen when you try to register from local operators like M1, SINGTEL N SH

Last edited by titusilvering; 25-05-2010 at 11:47 PM..
Old 26-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

if the device is released, the pin is good, you should see this screen when you try to register from local operators like M1, SINGTEL N SH

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...lvering/m1.jpg
yeah, that is why i find it kinda strange, since he claimed that PIN has been released. if the effect is immediate, i should be able to create a new user.

when he said that he will check with singtel, he told me that they would get back to him, but still no response.

i don't want to "think so much" but would like to explore the other possibilities, but it should be nothing too serious right? maybe just a cock up from singtel or something like that.
Old 27-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #23
Master Member

for my case, i wait for 15minutes and it's release from my seller. mayb u wanna chase ur seller..
ah_cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #24
Master Member

you all mean deactivate the PIN and IMEI from the BIS when u guys mention "Release" or something else?
takahashi_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #25
High Supremacy Member

you all mean deactivate the PIN and IMEI from the BIS when u guys mention "Release" or something else?
Deactivated pin is serious leh. Means whole device become normal smartphone liao. Cnt access the apps etc liao.

When u release, means pin is free.
When u are using it, means pin is locked.
When pin is deactivated = blacklisted = blocked = stolen/clone/modified/lost sets.
xtramadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #26
Master Member

thanks alot dude. sorry for the confusion. so the only way to release the PIN is to call service provider? no other means?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

Yup. If had extra means, then blackberry no security liao.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #28
Master Member

oh i have another question coz im actually purchasing a used bb soon. my sim already has BIS. so if i plug my sim card into the used set, will it have the "3G BB" logo beside the reception bar?

assuming that the device's already been released from the service provider, can i activate straight via the host routing table thing and my bb account will automatically change my device to the "new" device?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #29
High Supremacy Member

yup.... If ur BIS activated alr... it should get connected pretty fast... say 5 mins.. If not.. try a batt pull
Old 03-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #30
Master Member

oh ok. thanks alot dude. hope that bb im getting works great. =D
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.