HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Those who are buying USED blackberry devices from dealers / internet sellers...

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #61
Master Member

thanks lots for the advice, i have a friend working in starhub. he says even u wanna sell ur BB to other ppl, there is no need to release the pin and he still can use those blackberry services. is this true?
BIG FAT FALSE.

If the PIN is not released, you're stuck with a dumbphone. No joke.

It takes less than a minute for the whole process to be done (minus the waiting time for the call to be connected). You just provide your I/C and it's done. It takes up to 30mins for the PIN to be deregistered from the BIS servers after you call them though, according to what I was told by the M1 CS.
Derwent Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #62
High Supremacy Member

BIG FAT FALSE.

If the PIN is not released, you're stuck with a dumbphone. No joke.

It takes less than a minute for the whole process to be done (minus the waiting time for the call to be connected). You just provide your I/C and it's done. It takes up to 30mins for the PIN to be deregistered from the BIS servers after you call them though, according to what I was told by the M1 CS.
Must have benefit of doubt for him =)
Anyw, it won't accept a new service request for the device once its been registered n not released.
xtramadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #63
Master Member

Must have benefit of doubt for him =)
Anyw, it won't accept a new service request for the device once its been registered n not released.
Haha, okay. I just don't wish to see anyone shelling out hundreds for a dumbphone which can be easily resolved beforehand in less than a minute.

The truth is most BB users don't even know that the PIN needs to be released before selling it. Most of the time it's the buyer who has to ask all these questions when it's the seller's full responsibility to provide a full working set. I asked about 15-20 sellers on Ebay while looking for my S2 and more than half of them had no idea how to "release the PIN".

Anyway, I love BBs and I'm doing what I can to provide information to those interested in getting one or who are having problems with theirs. Cheers!
Old 26-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #64
High Supremacy Member

Yea lor..
I read somewhr that pin maybe released if u put ur simcard into a new device... Maybe he read that only
Old 26-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #65
Master Member

If there's a job opening for BB CS I'll go for it I'm going to save up for a Bold 2.. currently developing themes and some apps for BB. Hopefully it takes off well, if I hit a wall then
Old 26-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #66
High Supremacy Member

If there's a job opening for BB CS I'll go for it I'm going to save up for a Bold 2.. currently developing themes and some apps for BB. Hopefully it takes off well, if I hit a wall then
Moi oso. =(
But too bz to update my app.. Haha. Maybe eoy I'll do
Old 28-08-2010, 01:31 AM   #67

hi guys,

i just wanna share my experience with yall. initially i met up with this guy today, bought his 9700 (export set) for a good price, i was gleaming cause i thought i made a coup..

went to the singtel website to register but it said BIS account suspended/deactivated. i panicked i called the guy, he came up with **** load of nonsense, said he was using it a week before shouldn't be a problem. blah blah.

after 2 hours on the phone, he finally agreed to refund me the money. imagine i didn't insist hard enough, he would have made off with my money.

so pls pls pls make sure u check before u buy, DONT GET CON
calcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #68
Master Member

There's a thread somewhere that guides you how to check if a PIN is released. If the seller is unwilling to give you the information then something is fishy, better to avoid.
Old 28-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #69
High Supremacy Member

It is on this thread.. First few posts.. Haha.
There's a thread somewhere that guides you how to check if a PIN is released. If the seller is unwilling to give you the information then something is fishy, better to avoid.
Old 20-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #70

Hey guys, I just bought a bold 9000 from a dealer. Is there any way to release the pin other than asking the ex owner to release it?
Need urgent help here.
KGuanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #71
Master Member

Hey guys, I just bought a bold 9000 from a dealer. Is there any way to release the pin other than asking the ex owner to release it?
Need urgent help here.
Nope. You need to get the original owner to call up the carrier to release. Otherwise you can try finding his I/C no. and call up the carrier "on his behalf" haha.
Old 20-09-2010, 02:58 AM   #72
Arch-Supremacy Member

meanin if owner nv release pin , u buy phone liao get BIS also cannot use?
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #73
High Supremacy Member

meanin if owner nv release pin , u buy phone liao get BIS also cannot use?
Its for security. Thats why if ur phone gets stolen, we can be sure that the person wont be able to utilize it properly
Old 20-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #74
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its for security. Thats why if ur phone gets stolen, we can be sure that the person wont be able to utilize it properly
I mean , if registered . but never report stolen or whatever , other sim card/BIS still can use rite? cos i register mine BB at ST BB , is like only can configure email , nth special ..
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #75
High Supremacy Member

I mean , if registered . but never report stolen or whatever , other sim card/BIS still can use rite? cos i register mine BB at ST BB , is like only can configure email , nth special ..
Do you think it is just so simple? It is that exact thing that allows you to use BBM, 3rd party apps and etc.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.