Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
any advice on what's the best method for sharing Kindle books with a spouse?
(1) Different Kindle, Same account (seems like the most straightforward but we will mix-up each other's reading progress)
(2) Kindle Family Account (but do I need to sign-up for my spouse's account with a VPN?)
(3) Any other suggestions?

nicepal

Reaction score
(1) Different Kindle, Same account (seems like the most straightforward but we will mix-up each other's reading progress)
(2) Kindle Family Account (but do I need to sign-up for my spouse's account with a VPN?)

Hmm maybe Jeff can advise you. I would propose method 2 though. From my understanding, as long under Family Account, books will be shared. Only “purchasing person” will need the VPN. But maybe I may be wrong.

My wife and I share a single kindle, thought of creating Family Account, but as I hardly use it now, I didn’t create.

valentines

Reaction score
Just got my pw4 from amazon usa(they were having some X'mas promo USD70++)
I used ezbuy as a forwarder, send back to SG only lesser than SGD$8

btw anyone has the geekbite 8K book collection? SIC leh

Great deal. May I know which date you ordered?

Tried searching Google but can only find PW4 lowest at US$99. PW3 was US$79 during Nov though.

jeffyen2

Reaction score

I use (1). You are right about the 'progress problem' but I get around it as no one reads the same book at the same time lol

boiboi123

Reaction score
How long will it take to reach?

If I want to just buy in singapore where would I go?

Just got my pw4 from amazon usa(they were having some X'mas promo USD70++)
I used ezbuy as a forwarder, send back to SG only lesser than SGD$8

btw anyone has the geekbite 8K book collection? SIC leh

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hmm any idea how does one reset progress in a book to 0%?
and the "first read" status

rerear

Reaction score
How to get Kindle to work with Libby?
If price point is not considered, is Kobo indeed less hassle and easier to get to Libby, or there are other advantages of Kindle over Kobo?

Last edited:

Bigafeet

Reaction score
My PW suddenly cannot connect to my home wifi. Can detect neighbour’s wifi but can’t even detect mine. Anyone has same problem?

tofubean

Reaction score
i just got my new PW4 , one comment i can say is , the screen not as good as the previous generations ( PW1 / kindle keyboard etc etc ) its reflective. so in office or place with strong florescent lightning, you will be staring at some bright white spot when trying to read.
Is this a concern? I'm very used to the matte screen of pw1 by now.

I'm still using my pw1 because it's really good build. But the sides are becoming sticky and irritating. Does the new paperwhite have this issue?

My pw1 screen is still fantastic though so i'm not sure if i should be upgrading. But the battery life is starting to show its age. I'm charging weekly/biweekly vs monthly now.

jeffyen2

Reaction score
Is this a concern? I'm very used to the matte screen of pw1 by now.

I'm still using my pw1 because it's really good build. But the sides are becoming sticky and irritating. Does the new paperwhite have this issue?

My pw1 screen is still fantastic though so i'm not sure if i should be upgrading. But the battery life is starting to show its age. I'm charging weekly/biweekly vs monthly now.

If your pw1 screen is still fantastic, the latest Kindles will blow your mind. :) Battery life for the newer ones will be around weekly charges though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.