Anyone bought books from Books Depository before?

smilefm

Reaction score
Yeah, bought a lot of books from there! Relatively cheap and also it's easy to use! Very convenient!

Shawny88

Master Member
Reaction score
How to know the status of the delivery? There is no tracking number and according to BD, the books are with my local postal office

grace.lee

Reaction score
BD is my recommended choice for books. No problem with them so far. I ever cancelled an order via FB with refund immediately.

Alienwaree

Suspended
Reaction score
Finally bought 3 books off BD! Got my books slightly beyond 2 weeks. Quite satisfied lah. No problems from when I start searching for the book to the time when I received it. And ya, cheaper than ebay and amazon (although the second hand ones are much cheaper) and I got use shopback for cashback.

Thanks for all your reviews. Really helped me. Gonna be using BD for all my book purchases... unless I feel like going to Kino hahahahahaah

Shawny88

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally bought 3 books off BD! Got my books slightly beyond 2 weeks. Quite satisfied lah. No problems from when I start searching for the book to the time when I received it. And ya, cheaper than ebay and amazon (although the second hand ones are much cheaper) and I got use shopback for cashback.

Thanks for all your reviews. Really helped me. Gonna be using BD for all my book purchases... unless I feel like going to Kino hahahahahaah

Hi, how did you receive your books? Was it by registered mail or normal postal mail?

I have yet to receive my books and there is no tracking number. I dont even know which postal service vendor they are using...

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, how did you receive your books? Was it by registered mail or normal postal mail?

I have yet to receive my books and there is no tracking number. I dont even know which postal service vendor they are using...

Unless your book is super big,they usually can fit into your mailbox. And in sg,its usually delivered by singpost as a normal postal mail,not registered.

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Not a fan of BD if you want your books to be delivered to you soon!

Reason being it takes about a month for the books to be shipped to you.

Packages get lost quite frequently. :(

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of BD if you want your books to be delivered to you soon!

Reason being it takes about a month for the books to be shipped to you.

Packages get lost quite frequently. :(

Yah but its free shipping after all. But so far all my books arrived and not get lost b4,how many times did u suffer through that?

clay9477

Reaction score
Once an order is placed, it takes 1-3 working days to process the order. Thereafter it will then be dispatched and will only reach your mailbox fastest 2 weeks later.

Also it seems the air mail is now processed by Asendia, located at Changi South.

Alienwaree

Suspended
Reaction score

Ya, it was normal postal mail. I wasn't home when they delivered it so they sent me the card to retrieve it from singpost. Had to take bus 912 to take it from woodlands civic centre singpost.

freedom1881

Reaction score
bd

hi does anybody know how to ask singpost if they have any parcels for us due to wrong address cos when i check with bd they said my books with singpost

stonefrog

Reaction score
hi does anybody know how to ask singpost if they have any parcels for us due to wrong address cos when i check with bd they said my books with singpost

Call Singpost. Do you have any reference or tracking number? Singpost will be able to tell you whether its still w them at their headquarter paya lebar or not.
You gave the wrong address to BD?

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used it a couple of times with no issues. Shipping takes about 2 weeks but I'm fine with that because it's free!

Reny078

Reaction score
My first order of 4 books came 3 weeks later. Individual package and in good condition. I ordered another 10 more books (10% discount) and hopefully all will arrive safely.

Workinghuman19

Reaction score
I ordered from them, they have super lots of offers too. bought my light novels from them instead of kino at a good price!

SpringCleaner

Reaction score
Bought from them 3 times already.

First time, the package was lost so I consulted the CSO and they immediately sent a replacement. Overall, if you don't mind the waiting time, they are pretty decent. At least I don't have to forcefully rack up to $120 and order from Amazon.

squeakyjoy

Reaction score
Buy from there regularly. Really more worth it. I compared prices for some fiction novels and it's cheaper from BD. Even with Popular card still more exp to buy here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.