HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone bought books from Books Depository before?

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2016, 09:31 PM   #16

Are the prices on amazon in usd? someone please enlighten
Yes they are. But at check out,u can choose to pay in usd or use their sgd exchange rate which i find ridiculously high to pay in.
magna_strike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #17
Suspended

Can share how you are getting cashback from BookDepo?
yup, I'm also interested to know about the cash back? can you share?

recently ordered a book. It says 5 to 7 working day. but judging from what i read here. i dont think it will come back this week.

the customer service not too back with ok to fast response.
https://www.shopback.sg/book-depository

Sorry late reply, guys!
Alienwaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #18

I ordered 3 books from Book Depository, I can't remember how Long it took to arrive but the service was okay. The books were in a good condition
are the books new? I wanted to order from bookdepo but it seems like the waiting time is longer than expected from what people said here
bluesdaysss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #19

are the books new? I wanted to order from bookdepo but it seems like the waiting time is longer than expected from what people said here
the books are definitely new. well, for free shipping, i guess just have to suck it up and wait bah... it will come eventually.. if u are in a hurry, then buying from bookstores seem to be the better choice then..
Old 01-07-2016, 10:58 PM   #20

I usually get my books from ebay or amazon (usually ebay because got cashback). Never tried Book Depository. Now that I can get cashback for book depository, i want to try it. But I've got questions:

1. How long does it usually take to reach?

2. Are the book choices more varied than ebay & amazon?

3. Does it have good customer support?
Hi there,

I have bought at least 30 books from bookdepository and they take 3 weeks on average to arrive. I've stopped using amazon and ebay because I find the prices of almost all the books I want to be much lower, unless I am looking for some rare out-of-print novel which one can only obtain from a second-hand supplier on ebay. I think it has a fantastic customer support as well because it offers to send you a new copy if you do not receive it within 1 month (based on my own experience).
Nierika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #21

Yeah, bought a lot of books from there! Relatively cheap and also it's easy to use! Very convenient!
smilefm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #22

How to know the status of the delivery? There is no tracking number and according to BD, the books are with my local postal office
Shawny88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #23

BD is my recommended choice for books. No problem with them so far. I ever cancelled an order via FB with refund immediately.
grace.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #24
Suspended

Finally bought 3 books off BD! Got my books slightly beyond 2 weeks. Quite satisfied lah. No problems from when I start searching for the book to the time when I received it. And ya, cheaper than ebay and amazon (although the second hand ones are much cheaper) and I got use shopback for cashback.

Thanks for all your reviews. Really helped me. Gonna be using BD for all my book purchases... unless I feel like going to Kino hahahahahaah
Old 20-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #25

Finally bought 3 books off BD! Got my books slightly beyond 2 weeks. Quite satisfied lah. No problems from when I start searching for the book to the time when I received it. And ya, cheaper than ebay and amazon (although the second hand ones are much cheaper) and I got use shopback for cashback.

Thanks for all your reviews. Really helped me. Gonna be using BD for all my book purchases... unless I feel like going to Kino hahahahahaah
Hi, how did you receive your books? Was it by registered mail or normal postal mail?

I have yet to receive my books and there is no tracking number. I dont even know which postal service vendor they are using...
Shawny88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #26

Hi, how did you receive your books? Was it by registered mail or normal postal mail?

I have yet to receive my books and there is no tracking number. I dont even know which postal service vendor they are using...
Unless your book is super big,they usually can fit into your mailbox. And in sg,its usually delivered by singpost as a normal postal mail,not registered.
Old 21-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #27
Administrator

Not a fan of BD if you want your books to be delivered to you soon!

Reason being it takes about a month for the books to be shipped to you.

Packages get lost quite frequently.
Old 22-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #28

Not a fan of BD if you want your books to be delivered to you soon!

Reason being it takes about a month for the books to be shipped to you.

Packages get lost quite frequently.
Yah but its free shipping after all. But so far all my books arrived and not get lost b4,how many times did u suffer through that?
Old 23-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #29

Once an order is placed, it takes 1-3 working days to process the order. Thereafter it will then be dispatched and will only reach your mailbox fastest 2 weeks later.

Also it seems the air mail is now processed by Asendia, located at Changi South.
clay9477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #30
Suspended

Ya, it was normal postal mail. I wasn't home when they delivered it so they sent me the card to retrieve it from singpost. Had to take bus 912 to take it from woodlands civic centre singpost.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.