HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone bought books from Books Depository before?

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #46

Which currency to use?

Understand that BD is a UK company and there are different options for currency to use. What would be the best option to use in order to save on the currency exchange diff?
ECyClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #47

Understand that BD is a UK company and there are different options for currency to use. What would be the best option to use in order to save on the currency exchange diff?
The price quoted is in SGD
PandoraZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #48

The price quoted is in SGD
The online resource version provided in which format?
PandoraZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #49

I tried buying in usia ringgit but seems like its still cheaper in sgd
starbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:08 PM   #50
Supremacy Member

The price difference is quite big for some items. For example, Harry Potter box set for the same adult edition is $85+ in BD, but $120+ in kino (after member discount). Really worth getting from BD, if don't mind waiting for 2 weeks.
hnzfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #51

yeah i bought quite a lot of books from them like some not available in singapore, or some that are cheaper than if you buy here (like guide books). their customer service is good too. i asked them questions before and they're prompt and courteous in their replies.
TatLitThakCek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #52
Supremacy Member

All books are 10% off till 23rd October. Enter code SING10.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #53

thanks for it
Halo green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:12 AM   #54
Supremacy Member

Bought a few books from BD for the first time. Strange thing is they send the books not as one single parcel, but separately. Those who have bought from BD before, what delivery service to they use? A bit troublesome for me that they send my purchases in a few parcels because I have to ensure someone is at home to receive them.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:43 AM   #55
Master Member

Bought a few books from BD for the first time. Strange thing is they send the books not as one single parcel, but separately. Those who have bought from BD before, what delivery service to they use? A bit troublesome for me that they send my purchases in a few parcels because I have to ensure someone is at home to receive them.
BD deliver the individual book to your mailbox. You need not have somebody at home.
AnimeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #56
Supremacy Member

BD deliver the individual book to your mailbox. You need not have somebody at home.
Thanks! Can't wait to get my books.
Old 13-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #57

So far I have been receiving via SingPost -- books arrive in my letter box.
yuki0317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #58

Exclamation My BD order?

Hello,

I have ordered 2 books from BD.uk and they were dispatched on 2nd and 7th December. How long does it usually take to reach Singapore? Furthermore, I've included my Hall of Residence's address instead of my home address. I recently met with an unfortunate unsuccessful delivery by another merchant.. and I feel like it would be the same case for BD. Do I need to check with Singpost for this?
153girl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 01:25 AM   #59

Hello,

I have ordered 2 books from BD.uk and they were dispatched on 2nd and 7th December. How long does it usually take to reach Singapore? Furthermore, I've included my Hall of Residence's address instead of my home address. I recently met with an unfortunate unsuccessful delivery by another merchant.. and I feel like it would be the same case for BD. Do I need to check with Singpost for this?
As mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, it’s around a 3-week wait. My orders usually only arrive after I’ve forgotten entirely about them
callmezehzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #60

getting from book depository in my opinion generally takes about 2-3 weeks including the processing time to dispatch. however in this holiday season i'm pretty sure it might take even longer.

comes inside the letter box if they can squeeze it inside. which i think is quite "dangerous" if you get big hardbacks like harry potter illustrated version. bd uses think cardboard packaging so thankfully my books came ok despite them being squashed into my letter box.
methinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.