Is book depository the cheapest place to buy books?

blackcoffee007

Reaction score
never tried it before, seems quite cheap.

i also found this website: usedbook.sg, it encourage people to sell old books, anybody noticed it?

eventidephoenix

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the kind of books i order (texts) often cheaper from bookdepository... also can't be found locally so I just order straight there (free shipping!)

I never really got damaged books before but I have to say the way they package it, a bit of throwing around and landing on the wrong spot would see a bit of damage...

overall I like bookdepository a lot... they're just a bit slow (2weeks on average before I get my books)

booklover

Reaction score
Have you tried acmamall.com? local company, and they have quite a number of titles. price wise it's as competitive as going to local bookstores. and they offer free delivery :s13:

zhirui84

Reaction score
best for firsthand novels, but textbooks are awfully expensive.
and amazon the shipping costs like USD 9.99 or something
I like the offers on bookdepository for certain books. cheaper than my school bookstore
but i get some secondhand stuff on secondhandbooks.sg or ebay.sg
have to search here and there and compare

losties

Reaction score
If you are buying hardcover, its seem cheaper to get from book depository. I bought the same hardcover book from amazon and books depository.
They cost at least $30 difference.
But amazon's price is still cheaper than local store.

CyberMew

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i bought a book there and it came DIRTIED. had black smudges. their employees should wear CLEAN gloves when handling books.

Flaming

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like now, amazon is having great discounts, much cheaper than Books Depository. otherwise, books depository in general is cheaper..

tonytrigger

Reaction score
Damn slow leh this website. Dispatch on 13 december now still haven't arrive. Their emails reply really slow too.

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn slow leh this website. Dispatch on 13 december now still haven't arrive. Their emails reply really slow too.
hmm...maybe u have to wait a bit...

mine was despached on 28 nov 10, received only 28 dec 10...
initally thought lost in action

hojx93

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have ordered from book depository some time ago and received my book 8 days later. I find the price and delivery time of book depository quite reasonable and satisfactory. But I find that the book is not really in the condition that I would like it to be. The edge of the spine of the boook is somewhat crumpled, and the edge of the book cover is damaged. You can also see some lines on the front cover of the book. It does not seem brand new to me..maybe I am too much of a perfectionist, but I just wonder is there any of you who bought from book depository face the same issue?
book depository definitely has the best price for small orders, especially useful for books that kinokuniya/borders/etc local book stores don't have.

I bought it and it arrived through standard posting in my mailbox. the book was in great condition and I love how the inner side of the envelope the book came in had bubble wrap.

LycosaEx

Reaction score
Book Depository takes a 3 weeks to 1 month or more to have your complete order with you. I'm still waiting for my last book of the 4 i ordered on 2 Dec.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.