Do u know who the most powerful character in jingyong novel?

deathblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mirage_77 said:
I tought Zhang Wu Ji was holding back agaisnt Zhou Zhi Ruo? And he was probably surprised by the sudden vicousness of his former's childhood sweetheart martial arts than anything else.

I not saying that Zhang Wu Ji can win the Greats of the previous generation, but he is probably on par or around their standard. And he did learn Taiji Quan/Jian too which full potential was not reached within the novel.

Btw, its Jiu Yang/Jiu Ying rather than Liu Yang/Ying right? And the winner of the weakest Jin Yong main character.......... Wei Xiao Bao! Haha

He was trying not to kill her. But cmon.. its just jiu ying bai gu zua.. in early she diao, huang yao shi and Hong qi gong (early she diao.. at the end of shen diao they'll have 10+ years of internal strength) can overcome that easily ... Wu ji was injured.. any of the top pugilist in She Diao would be able to toy with her without injury easily..

Tai Ji fist and sword not reached full potential? Thought San Feng created them both .. surely he would have full mastery of them :s11:

mirage_77

Reaction score
deathblade said:
any of the top pugilist in She Diao would be able to toy with her without injury easily..

HHmm, sounds logical. But still believe Jin Yong would not have created Wu JI with such a big difference in skill from the previous Greats. Anyway, he would not have a logical way for Zhi Ruo to cause any threat to Wu Ji and create the effect he wants then.

Tai Ji fist and sword not reached full potential? Thought San Feng created them both .. surely he would have full mastery of them :s11:

I was meaning Wu Ji never really exploit the skill fully. And San Feng never really use the skill inside the novel less during the demo to Wu Ji as well as recuperating his injury at the same time.

deathblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hehe.. but Jin Yong wrote it such that Qian Ku Da Nuo Yo is the uber Kung Fu that allows people to use the enemies stregth against themselves...

Anyway.. your defence of Wuji is only that Jin Yong wouldnt create characters tat differs too much in ability from diff era? Yang Guo's daughter came out and took care of Zhi Rou in 2-3 strokes.. I think she wouldnt be too far from the 5 greats level..

Also remember that Zhi Rou teamed up with Wuji vs the 3 monks to rescue Xie Xun.. It was clearly stated they are at the same level so they could pair up effectively.. Yang Xiao and Fan Yao do not qualify you know cos they are too "weak"

Wu Ji is really just Mei Chao Feng level only.. =P

Emperorwendy

Reaction score
The story i hate most is Tian Long... The story makes kung fu so easy as though everyone is so good at it. I think that Yang Guo is stronger cause he only one hand and he can beat so many people? What if he has 2 hands? Something like Core DUO! HAHA
Wei Xiao Bao is definetely the weakest main character here. Dont think that anyone will oppose to the fact that he only know how to run away....

mirage_77

Reaction score
Just say I not insisiting that Wuji is as strong as Guo Jing or Yang Guo. But though Zhiruo may not be as strong as Wuji, she was the next strongest character to team up with Wuji. And if you read the novel again, it is stated that Zhiruo couldn't even face up to a single monk directly while Wuji was directly trying to take on two monks at a time (they were trying to seperate the Trinity Monks and defeat them one by one). It is stated in the book if Wuji had teamed up with Sanfeng they would have 100% chance to defeat the monks.

deathblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mirage_77 said:
Just say I not insisiting that Wuji is as strong as Guo Jing or Yang Guo. But though Zhiruo may not be as strong as Wuji, she was the next strongest character to team up with Wuji. And if you read the novel again, it is stated that Zhiruo couldn't even face up to a single monk directly while Wuji was directly trying to take on two monks at a time (they were trying to seperate the Trinity Monks and defeat them one by one). It is stated in the book if Wuji had teamed up with Sanfeng they would have 100% chance to defeat the monks.

I dun think that was stated in the book.. I'm not saying that Zhirou is as strong my point is, if just a few months of trainin a side skill of Jiu Ying makes her at a level .. then what about if she knows the full Jiu Ying?

One thing we know is Jiu Ying is >>> jiu yang... San Feng's skills rely on the Wu Dang Jiu Yang Gong that is half bake jiu yang... so as strong as they are in their era, they are limited by their weak internal strength....

boreboor

Reaction score
mirage_77 said:
Yup weak as in physical. Actually, some people consider Lu Ding Ji to be among Jin Yong best work. If you see all his novels, his first novel Su Jian En Qiu Lu was still quite unpolised. Later followed by Bi Xie Jian, Condor Heroes stories, he begin to go more into character development aka how he gets his skill etc.

Btw, maybe the reason why Tian Long Ba Bu characters are so powerful..... do you guys know Ni Kuang(author of Wisely series) actually took over the writing of the book midway? Cos did novel originates from short excerpts in chinese newspapers and Jin Yong seems unable to continue the story halfway.
So I wun be surprised the writer of science fiction may up the powers of characters quite considerably.

apparently it was ni kuang who killed Qiao Feng (Or Xiao Feng as he's known later)

boreboor

Reaction score
wonder du gu qiu bai was from which era...

xiao ao jiang hu is definitely from much later, since wudang was present at that time. So most likely ming dynasty, even though Jin Yong didn't explicitly mention the era.

And if du gu qiu bai was already dead during Shen Diao Xia Lu, but his condor still alive, then maybe it was about a century before Shen Diao? (if we assume that the condor is about 100 years old at least)

So that would mean Du Gu was alive between the era of Tian Long and She Diao?

mirage_77

Reaction score
Du Gu Qiu Bai was obviously dead even before She Diao Yin Xiong, since he did not even take part in the 1st 华山论剑. My guess is at least 50-60 years before the events in She Diao, since the meeting of the Greats are around every 16 years.

deathblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mirage_77 said:
Du Gu Qiu Bai was obviously dead even before She Diao Yin Xiong, since he did not even take part in the 1st 华山论剑. My guess is at least 50-60 years before the events in She Diao, since the meeting of the Greats are around every 16 years.

ya man.. he wouldnt miss 华山论剑 if he's around..

xuan88

Reaction score
lol. i've read thru 3 pages of discussion and must say that they're highly insightful :)) and i'll go with dugu qiubai. i rmb reading something about "yi wu jian sheng you jian" "use no sword win got sword", so he's probably invincible even barehanded.

deathblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xuan88 said:
lol. i've read thru 3 pages of discussion and must say that they're highly insightful :)) and i'll go with dugu qiubai. i rmb reading something about "yi wu jian sheng you jian" "use no sword win got sword", so he's probably invincible even barehanded.

Prob with this guy is, he's a figure that did not interact with the characters directly.. so its a bit wierd to classify him as even a character...

Wu Jian Shen You Jiang is something Liu Mai Shen Jiang achieved. as well.. so its quite an intangible description..

Some characters that are certainly powerful but shouldnt be included in the discussion imo cos they arent major plat characters are the sweeper monk, Lim PinZhi's grandad, the guy who wrote Kui Hua Bao Dian, Damo and the guy who wrote Jiu Ying..

mirage_77

Reaction score
If talking about the most powerful main character, I would either choose Qiao Feng or Guo Jing inside Sheng Diao. Qiao Feng seems almost invincible inside the novel (Duan Yu may surpass him in the future but it is not explored in the novel).
While Guo Jing not only knows Xiang Long Shi Ba Zhang, he is able to complement it with 双手互博,and mix up two palm stances or with 空明拳(totally opposite from Xiang Long),not to forget he is able to recite the whole Jiu Ying Zheng Jin. Who knows what level he has attained. Though Yang Guo seems powerful too inside the novel, there was no face off with him agaisnt Guo Jing, not to mention he only has one hand left.
With Xiao Feng agaisnt Guo Jing, I would prob say Guo Jing, though I know the new version of Tian Long there is 降龙二十八掌, so dont know how much difference the 10 palm stances will have.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
deathblade said:
Duan Yu should be potentially the most powerful.. His Bei Ming Shen Gong allows him to gain internal strength indefinitely ... His qing gong, Ling Po Wei Bu is one of the best and of course Liu Mai Shen Jiang.. one of the best method of directing internal power..

People who think that any character from Yi Tian Tu Long Ji is anywhere near the best needs their head check.. if Zhuo Zi Rou who learnt a bit of Jiu Ying Zhen Jing's Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jua can be on par with Zhang Wu Ji after he had learnt his skills (better than Zhang San Feng already who by then had skills better than his Shaolin master), then she is just on Mei Chao Feng's level since Mei has years of refinement on that skills but lost her eyes...

Thus, Guo Jing, Huang Rong, Huang Yaoshi, Yi Deng, Bo Tong, Ouyang Feng, Yang Guo will easily beat the best in that era.. Given that Yi Deng is one of the 5 greats despite knowing just Da Li's Yi Yang Zhi, which is far far inferior than Liu Mai Shen Jiang, we can easily say Tian Long Ba Bu's heroes should be of highest standard..

For those who are interested, Hong Qi Gong's dragon palm is not the complete skills some of the stances were lost... Siao feng's is the complete set... and of course Jui Yang shen gong is a mediocre internal skill compared to Yi Jing Jing, Jui Ying Zhen Jing, Bei Ming Shen Gong, Kui Hua bao dian and Pi Xie jiang pu..
No hong qi gong's dragon palm is not lost. You do know that Hong qi gong come BEFORE siao feng.

If hong qi gong dragon palm is lost, naturally siao feng also won't have the complete set.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regarding the powerfull character..if want to include those that arn't really alive then it will be damo no doubt.

Tian xia wu gong chu zi shaolin

every martial arts in the world originated from shaolin and damo is the founder of shaolin so i'll say damo is the most powerfull character.

With this i can say that the ppl above mentioned:
独孤求败
东方不败
and others

all have their martial arts somehow created on the basis of martial arts that damo created.

mirage_77

Reaction score
akloaklo said:
No hong qi gong's dragon palm is not lost. You do know that Hong qi gong come BEFORE siao feng.

If hong qi gong dragon palm is lost, naturally siao feng also won't have the complete set.

I not sure but I thought Tian Long happens before She Diao?

deathblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
akloaklo said:

Dude .. you wanna check before you shoot ?

Sennett

Reaction score
Wah, interesting thread, too bad I didn't see it earlier.

I've a few points to make.

In Yi Tian Tu Long, Zhou Zhiluo had learned the fast track way of jiuyingzhenjing. This part was written by Huang Rong before XiangYang City was lost. She hopes the future generations can pick this up quickly in defence of the country. The learner has to revert to the original slow traditional way within a certain period of learning the fast track or else will sustain very serious injuries. It's not exactly Jiuying bai gu zua only, it's a concoction of skills in Jiu ying to attain high skills in a short span of time. In this expect, Huang Rong is already superior.

Also, Jiu Yin is not written by Huang Shang, it's actually passed down from some strong Taoist group somewhere in the earlier dynasties.

The part where Ni Kuang took over, yep it's true, but i remember it's the few weeks when Jingyong had to disappear and cannot write for the column.....eh, those days, they write the stories daily and cook it up as they go along.........he ask Ni Kuang to take over for a while. That was Shendiao. Ni Kuang was having a good look at Yang Guo....and thinks that, hey this chap is young handsome, intelligent, has a very chio girlfren, skill is great for his age, WTF, give the chap some shortcomings....hehe, so u guessed it, his arm got chopped off.

JiuYang is not exactly a Wugong, it's more like xingfa, and Neigong. It's like the essence of science, BUT not application science or engineering. BUt with that hardcore science background, it's comparatively easy to understand the application of it or the engineering part of it. That explains Zhang Wuji's speed when he learned the QianKunDaNuoYi. THis is very well explained by JingYong in the novel.

Personally, i think the sweeping monk in TianLong is really very atas (high), but it's not conclusive. It'll be interesting if we can pit them all at huashan. LOL

Sennett

Reaction score
deathblade said:
Dude .. you wanna check before you shoot ?

You're so right. the time of TianLong precedes SheDiao, SheDiao sees the fall of the Jing, and uprising of the Mongolians. Tian Ling is still the time of the Khitans.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.