HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New kindle touch - Lets dicuss & anyone pre-ordering?

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #91
Honorary Member

just gotten mine. but i havent try it out.. bz..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Beta_Tester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #92

Just a check, are you intending to get screen protector for Kindle Touch since the screen is subjected to finger prints? I'm just concern that the screen protector may compromise the reading experience.
Questy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #93

I have been using TOR Browser to buy ebooks so far with no problems. Just make sure that it is channeling using a US based proxy. The best thing is.. it's free! Go google it and try it out.

Basically, the TOR project was developed by the US military to protect the privacy of internet users (yeah.. sweet irony right?). Hope it helps and save you guys' VPN costs! ^^
thanks! now it solved my reliance on hotspot shield!
wannaleavesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #94

Just a check, are you intending to get screen protector for Kindle Touch since the screen is subjected to finger prints? I'm just concern that the screen protector may compromise the reading experience.
There's no need to get a screen protector because you really won't see any finger prints on it.
jeffyen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #95

I'd like get the kindle touch but I'm using windows wireless. Can kindle touch detect my wireless signal? Cuz my ipod touch can but android phone can't.
guntorasuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 01:40 AM   #96

Glad to knw I can enjoying reading the Touch protection-free : )

My kindle keyboard is able to detect the wifi very well.
Questy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #97

I'd like get the kindle touch but I'm using windows wireless. Can kindle touch detect my wireless signal? Cuz my ipod touch can but android phone can't.
Are you saying that your house has wifi, but your android phone can't use it? Then there's something wrong with the system. Everything should be able to use your wifi, including all Kindles.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #98

Are you saying that your house has wifi, but your android phone can't use it? Then there's something wrong with the system. Everything should be able to use your wifi, including all Kindles.
Hey Jeff,

I'm on lan subscription. I do not use a router, to get wifi I create wireless on my PC from windows vista. All my ipod, iphone and laptops can detect the signal very well except android phones (can't detect at all). I googled and others say the same thing. But so far nobody use kindle on this, tot that someone here using it.

Also roughly what's the total SG$ price for the kindle touch + shipping and all other cost included ordered thru comgateway/borderlinx?
Old 30-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #99

Hey Jeff,

I'm on lan subscription. I do not use a router, to get wifi I create wireless on my PC from windows vista. All my ipod, iphone and laptops can detect the signal very well except android phones (can't detect at all). I googled and others say the same thing. But so far nobody use kindle on this, tot that someone here using it.

Also roughly what's the total SG$ price for the kindle touch + shipping and all other cost included ordered thru comgateway/borderlinx?
ah I see.. that's quite an unusual way to use your pc as a wireless point. There may be some technical reason if kindles can't access it too. I suggest you try it when your Kindle arrives. If not, another very alternative is get a wireless router; they're very cheap nowadays...

kindle touch + total shipping is around US$120.
Old 30-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #100

why ur android phone cannot ??
eq2addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #101

why ur android phone cannot ??
Hi, see my reply to jeff.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #102
Master Member

my lighted case arrived yesterday.
was kinda disappointed in the packaging, for a case that costs 60 bucks, it should be packaged in a better packaging. i guess i was expecting more seeing how the kindle 3 leather case was at least packed in a decent box.

DuaPuiJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #103
Supremacy Member

was kinda disappointed in the packaging, for a case that costs 60 bucks, it should be packaged in a better packaging. i guess i was expecting more seeing how the kindle 3 leather case was at least packed in a decent box.

my case just came too. how did they package your lighted cover?
mine with amazon box.

i realised that after fixing the cover to the kindle touch, it really became a lot heavier. kindle is a long hour/ duration eink ebook reader, but with this weight it could be a problem to some while holding it.

as for the cover, leather texture behind it is smooth which is not really good for gripping as some people have sweaty palms. i love the texture behind the kindle touch, because it has a matt rubberized finished that doesn't slides down you hand and with such a light weight kindle, its really a good combination.

Bapenigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #104
Banned

if mainly reading PDF, would u all recommend me to buy?
Cheese_hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #105

I was initially thinking of getting this until you said that it increased the weight substantially. well, my kindle touch arrived today and im looking for a sleeve. i prefer to hold kindle naked (as its own only), any idea where to get?

deal extreme are selling the cheaper ones but none were sleeves, more like cover. or should i buy a cheap padded case merely from say, diaso lol?
wannaleavesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.