HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Where to sell books?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

gonna move house soon ... have a bunch of HIGER NITEC textbook from 2000 when i was studying there.

don't need it anymore , throwing it seems to be a waste as it is knowledge .... any idea where i can give it away FOC ?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:51 AM   #17

anyone knows how much do they offer usually for used uni textbooks?
btw is it only one specific shop or are there afew which takes in used texts?
TIA!!
nardnardcai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 01:07 AM   #18

Bras Basar has a wide range of bookstores that sells used books, cheap as well. can try!
bonafidec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #19

kinda really outdated lolz
Trendnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #20

Hope this helps. I sell my books to the students who are taking it the next semester round
jamess1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #21

Selling textbook for SIM-RMIT or Curtin degrees

Selling textbook for SIM-RMIT or Curtin degrees

PM if interested. Self-collection at seller's convenience.
NOTE: Do expect highlights and some markings.

1) Managing Human Resources, 2nd Edition - Raymond J. Stone - $45 *SOLD*
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons,31.10.07
ISBN: 0470810769
ISBN13: 9780470810767

2) International Management: Managing Across Borders and Cultures Text and Cases, 6th Edition - Helen Deresky - $45
Publisher: Prentice Hall
ISBN 10: 0136143261
ISBN 13: 9780136143260

3) International Management: Managing Across Borders and Cultures Text and Cases, 4th Edition - Helen Deresky - $25
Publisher: Prentice Hall
ISBN 10: 0130395560
ISBN 13: 9780130395566

Last edited by starburn_17; 23-10-2008 at 01:47 PM..
starburn_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #22
Great Supremacy Member

thanks for all the links, having a look at it now.
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #23

Selling fiction books

Hi everyone~ How's life? I'm sure readers would want to kill time by hooking on to book with suspense. Not to worry readers, i'm selling 3 books all in good condition at $6 each. 3 great authors and 3 great titles.

1) The Last Juror by John Grisham

2) Everything's eventual by Stephen King

3) The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth

interested? please call me at 91221536...we can arrange for a meet up and i'll pass u the book~

Last edited by bilaprem; 17-10-2008 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: edit extra details
bilaprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #24

Thumbs up Francine Pascal's

Are you a fan of sweet valley high? I'm selling my first 3 books on my blog for $2.50 each. Please visit my blog to view the books available. More to come. So keep visiting my website. Thank you for your support~

http://bookprem.blogspot.com/

Please visit this blogsite to browse for books.

Thank you
bilaprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #25

Bath Advanced Science - Physics 2nd Edition (Bath Advanced Science)

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI....m=220303121016

First Aid Manual
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI....m=220303116787

E-business-management.
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI....=tab%3DSelling
xi7122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #26

Thumbs up Website for buying / selling book

Try out bookfishing.com.sg. They have comics as well. You can buy or sell your used textbooks and quite a number of students use this website. I sold quite a number of my books and comics there. Its pretty cool in that it dosen't work like a classified ad but rather, uses a reservation style system. SO your contact details are only provided to the person who reserved it instead of the entire world. Thereafter, it will automatically delete your posting if it has been reserved for more than 14 days and you didn't update it back to available. Pretty cool and easy on the seller =)

Oh.. it also tracks your buyer's detail.

http://www.bookfishing.com.sg
limdawei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #27

Value-For-Money Books for Sale

Hi All,

Please take your leisure in browsing this inventory of books and knowledge. Please sms me at 9785 1904 if you are interested in purchasing any of the books.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...UV28soAuUQj5Vw

Regards,
makania
9785 1904
makania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #28
Banned

Lightbulb US treasury bonds 'still the best option'

China is likely to continue increasing holdings of US treasury bonds even after becoming the No 1 holder because it is the best way to deploy its $1.9 trillion foreign exchange reserves, economists say.On Monday, US Treasury data showed that China had replaced Japan to become the top holder of US treasury debt in September.With a $43.6 billion increase in holdings of US treasury securities in September, China's overall holdings amounted to $585 billion. Japan cut its holdings to $573 billion from $586 billion in August.Net foreign purchases of long-term US securities totaled $66.2 billion in September, up from $21 billion in August and $18.4 billion in July.Treasury data suggests that foreign investors still regard the US as a relatively better place to invest when markets worldwide are crumbling, analysts said."That's why China has increased its holdings," said Dong Yuping, senior economist at the Institute of Finance and Banking affiliated to the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.As the US financial crisis worsens, Washington is in dire need of capital to fund its massive market rescue plan; but some domestic economists argue that China should not use its foreign exchange reserves to purchase US bonds for fear that it may incur huge losses."But China may not have many options," Dong said.The US economy, though hemorrhaging from the crisis, remains the largest and strongest; and the EU and Japan are not yet a serious challenge to US pre-eminence. Investment in dollar assets, therefore, carries the least risk, he said.Special coverage:Impact of US Financial Crisis on China Related readings: Fighting financial crisis, one challenge at a time How financial crisis could slow green wheelsBonds in the limelight as stocks lose their sheenChina issues $3.5b book-entry T-bonds If China reduces its holdings of US debt, others may follow suit, which will lead to a weakening of the dollar and depreciation of dollar-denominated assets, thus severely hurting China's interests. "China and the US are in the same boat," he said."You may not like it, but China has to move along this path," said Yan Qifa, senior economist with the Export-Import Bank of China.And now that many countries are increasing holdings of US treasury bonds, China's potential returns from the bonds will increase, said Chen Gong, chief economist and chairman of Anbound Group, a Beijing-based consulting firm."So China may continue to increase its holdings," he said.However, some experts argue that Beijing use its considerable financial leverage to set conditions such as the US opening its financial markets more to Chinese funds, and allowing exports of high-tech products to China.___________________________________from:age of conan goldcheap Dofus KamasEVE ISKDofus Kamasworld of warcraft gold
lovegamegold003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #29

hi all,

I have the following titles to sell, books are in good condition, some of them, brand new.

Danbrown - Digital Fortress
Angels and Demons

Judith Lennox - Middlemere

Beverly Cleary - Strider
Ribsy
Ramona and her mother

Boxcar Children - The pizza mystery

Full House Michelle

Full house Stephanie

Hutchinson - Bumper Quiz

Juliet Manilier - The Dark Mirrors

Alan Parker - The Sucker's Kiss

Mark J Penn - The Sucker's kiss

Joshua Ferris - Then we came to the end

Virginia Henry - Wild Hearts

Cynthia Voigt - Homecoming

Horrible History - Ireland

Two of a Kind series

Mary kate and Ashley series

Hanah and the Angel series

PM me if interested!
Thanks!
ebonywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #30

hi all, selling off many popular and exciting titles here, both fiction and non fict.
Meet ups can be arranged preferably in town, bishan or jurong east.

Titles:

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (this one goes for $10)

Bringing down the House/The movie '21' by Ben Mezrich

In the Company of Heroes by Michael J. Durant with Steven Hartov

Skeleton Coast by Clive Cussler with Jack Du Brul

The Tunnels of Cu Chi - Tom Mangold & John Panycate

The Bourne Betrayal by Rober Ludlum

Mercy by Jodi Picoult

The 5 People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom

Blink - The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell

In Retrospect - The Tragedy & Lessons of Vietnam by Robert S. McNamara with Brian Vandemark

The Rough Guide to Thailand's Beaches & Islands ( Includes Full Coverage of Bangkok

Aid & Other Dirty Business - An insider reveals how good intentions have failed the world's poor by Giles Bolton

Memoirs of A Geisha by Arthur Golden - if you thought the movie was good, the imagery that this book paints up is even better.

Windmills of The Gods & The Sands of Time by Sidney Sheldon - 2 books in 1. (book in old condition. will let go at $5)

Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman - NY Times Bestseller.

The Last Executioner: Memoirs of Thailand's Last Prison Executioner by Chavoret Jaruboon -in English. Non-fiction. An interesting eye opener into Thailand's prisons.

The Zahir by Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist

Tickled pink by christina jones

Special relationship by robyn sisman

Just friends by robyn sisman

For better, for worse by carole matthews

Sentimental journey by Jill barmett

Up and running for Holly fox

Princess by Christina Skye

Nanny by Christina Skye

The Mulberry Tree by Jude Deveraux

The Fidelity Files by Jessica Brody

The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham

Angels on Air by by Lauren McCrossan

Serve Cool by Lauren McCrossan

Water Wings by Lauren McCrossan

The Glamorous (Double) Life of Isabel Bookbinder by Holly McQueen

______________________________________________________________________________________

All titles are 2 for $15 (unless otherwise stated) ! If you're genuinely interested, i can give you the storyline write up.

SMS me at 94895249 or email jaime_1805@hotmail.com to deal.

thanks!

______________________________________________________________________________________

BOOKS SOLD

Digital Fortress by Dan Brown - SOLD

The Last Testament by Sam Bourne - excellent thriller not unlike Dan Brown's. this is set amidst the Middle Eastern conflict. - SOLD

catch 22 by joseph heller - SOLD

Perfect strangers by robyn sisman - SOLD

A bend in the road by Nicholas sparks - SOLD
bunbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.