Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[INFO] Things you need to know about car servicing

Like Tree24Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #16
Honorary Member

Just to add if you dont feel good abt the free servicing just leave and go to one that is recommened. Pay more and such but makes u feel good and do ur car up properly. Dun feel obligated to go the free one. There are many ppl like that.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Beta_Tester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

if you can add some info on batteries that would be nice..
I never checked my battery since the day I bought the car in Aug 2006. My stock battery and tyres were changed in the 22nd mth (or 57,000 km) and that's because I wanted to drive up north for a day. Battery is my lest concern,
henrylbh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #18

sounds good, what's the battery brand you're using?
i heard quite common drivers caught with their pants down with a dead batt.
foxxkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

sounds good, what's the battery brand you're using?
i heard quite common drivers caught with their pants down with a dead batt.
When a battery is about to up lorry, you will know. When cranking is weak and you need to crank more than once, you need to change SOON, if you dont want to be caught unprepared.

I was surprised that my stock battery that came with the car was really small size, < 2/3 the normal size but hey it lasted. Small means I never seen such a size in my 25 yrs of car ownership. When I changed battery, the agent provided a normal size battery.
henrylbh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #20

hi guys,

any recommended workshops to go for servicing ? my mileage is reaching 51K n i am gng servicing soon. any recommendations ?
chows99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #21
Supremacy Member

Oil Filter

It is a filter that filters out dirt and rust particles from the fuel. It has to be change whenever the engine oil is change. This is because the oil filter will usually be very dirty. I have used both original and compatible and find no difference.
Hi bro this part salah. it filters the engine oil from particles not fuel. Only the fuel filter does this.

And some typos on your braking part, not breaking.

Last edited by Mr_Bean; 28-10-2009 at 07:40 AM..
Mr_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #22
X66
Storm Trooper

Hi bro this part salah. it filters the engine oil from particles not fuel. Only the fuel filter does this.

And some typos on your braking part, not breaking.
Corrected on 1st post. Thanks bro!
X66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #23

Hey guys, do you think that can we provide the engine oil ourself whenever servicing is done at C&C? So as to cut down servicing cost.
singtel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #24
X66
Storm Trooper

Hey guys, do you think that can we provide the engine oil ourself whenever servicing is done at C&C? So as to cut down servicing cost.
Not very sure on this but chances are cannot. You can try calling C&C before your service and see what they says. Let me know if you have the answer, I am quite curious to know the answer =)

For workshop at UBI or Sin Ming should be no problem, they will only charge you labour cost.
Old 23-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #25

Speaking of battery, based on my limited knowledge, there are two types, the one where you must put in battery water and watch the level of the water, and the zero maintenance battery.

Zero-maintenance battery has a small green indicator on the top, concentric circular shaped. My driving instructor told me if the zero-maintenance battery, based on manufacturing date, is 2 years old and more, must change, and don't wait until the indicator turns from green to white.

His reason being something about the alternator being damaged and having to pay over $900 in replacement or something like that.

According to this same instructor, when replacing battery, (or car tires), battery must be taken out of the box and not picked up from the workshop floor, even if it is brand new.

All this info is based on what I was told at the driving center, so would appreciate any corrections, thanks.
SoFDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #26

Speaking of battery, based on my limited knowledge, there are two types, the one where you must put in battery water and watch the level of the water, and the zero maintenance battery.

Zero-maintenance battery has a small green indicator on the top, concentric circular shaped. My driving instructor told me if the zero-maintenance battery, based on manufacturing date, is 2 years old and more, must change, and don't wait until the indicator turns from green to white.

His reason being something about the alternator being damaged and having to pay over $900 in replacement or something like that.

According to this same instructor, when replacing battery, (or car tires), battery must be taken out of the box and not picked up from the workshop floor, even if it is brand new.

All this info is based on what I was told at the driving center, so would appreciate any corrections, thanks.
My recent encounter is my battery suddenly went flat after pumping petrol. Able to push start the car, but the battery indicator is always lighting up, with headlight doesn't seems to light up as bright and eventually dies off gradually.

Before continuing my journey, I was advised not to drive too far or else the alternator will be damaged, may I know the reason for that?
Old 15-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #27

Average cost of change will be quite difficult as different vehicle will have different price for different parts. However, it may be good if we can share where we usually go for servicing (besides the usual authorised dealer).

For me, I usually do my servicing in JB, one of the light industrial estate (5 mins drive after Jusco at Tebura City)
hi bro, do u mean ulu tiram area?
chaotamianbao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #28
X66
Storm Trooper

hi bro, do u mean ulu tiram area?
Yeah Ulu Tiram area!!! You service your car there too?
Old 29-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #29

Yeah Ulu Tiram area!!! You service your car there too?
yes. but hor, some shops they dun really do a good job leh... basic basic ok can do there, but if too complex better not let them do.
chaotamianbao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #30

[QUOTE=weizhen77;42702906]My recent encounter is my battery suddenly went flat after pumping petrol. Able to push start the car, but the battery indicator is always lighting up, with headlight doesn't seems to light up as bright and eventually dies off gradually.

Before continuing my journey, I was advised not to drive too far or else the alternator will be damaged, may I know the reason for that?[/QUOTE

wat is a alternator??

and yes thanks for the thread..learn alot frm it since it's my 1st time owning a car

cheers to everyone who contributed...

keep it going CHEERS!
Yellowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.