Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[INFO] Things you need to know about car servicing

Like Tree26Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2016, 06:05 PM   #106
Greater Supremacy Member

can recommend car service workshop central/south area that does oil change plus checks for not more than $200 for 2.5L car.
asymmetric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #107

can recommend car service workshop central/south area that does oil change plus checks for not more than $200 for 2.5L car.
U buy 2 bottles of 4 litres shell helix at $33 each. Oem filter $7. Labour + 21 pt check $25. Total only $98. Less than $100 and still have few litres engine oil left.

Last edited by BigMan123; 06-12-2016 at 10:06 AM..
BigMan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:24 PM   #108
Supremacy Member

usually is around 158 for basic servicing. Alexander tons of WS.

m@maboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #109

Wink Car care

Also good to do our own regular checks and upkeep the car well e.g. ensure sufficient air pressure in the tire, checking battery fluid is sufficient.

Car battery care tips: https://sgcarservicing.com/car-battery-care/
sgtradedendowmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #110
Arch-Supremacy Member

honestly didnt have good experience with workshops servicing car.. every different workshop for servicing, tell me different thing need to replace. i really wonder who is telling the truth
Old 12-09-2017, 09:53 PM   #111

1. Big Boyz Garage
2. GFORCE Autotechlink
3. Else checkout carousell

Cheers.....
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #112

honestly didnt have good experience with workshops servicing car.. every different workshop for servicing, tell me different thing need to replace. i really wonder who is telling the truth
erm.... go to your usual workshop which you can trust most... asked for his views on what other say about your cars.
Hopes this helps.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:02 PM   #113

I am curious why some of the car servicing promotions are so cheap. S$50 inclusive of 4L engine oil. Has anyone tried? Are these reliable?

I know that 4L of engine oil can cost at least S$50.
I tried twice:
First workshop at Kaki bukit. Shop just open like 2-3 months. Using 5W40 Shell Helix +filter + few point checks. Total is $10bucks. Promo ends liao.

The 2nd workshop i went recently for the usual oil change...they running a NDP. $8bucks all in.

Cheers....
Old 12-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #114

I believe that works in any kind of goods/services industry, they might just cut their profit so low until we feel it is unbelievable. But in any case, you have to check the credibility of the company though. There is a possibility that they are actually scammers, and will be shooting you with many other kinds of promotion (like the beautician promos, if you know what i mean). Anyway, strictly speaking, there are businesses that are daring enough to cut off their profit in order to get publicity, just a mere marketing stunt. So just research online and check the credibility yes? any thought?
I agreed. Marketing stunt to get in the traffic. Like the $10 promo shell helix oil promo i tried earlier.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.