HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[INFO] Traffic & Parking Violations, Driving Directions, Parking Rates

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

How do you appeal and where if you get caught for the first time on a bus lane during the restricted time?

But I was trying to move out of the lane at the same time. There were a lot of cars on my right too. It took me about 5 minutes to move out. I have signaled my intention to move to the right too.

The taxi in front of me also got snapped by the CISCO guy. Both cars were trying to move to the right.
i think there is an email on TP's website for it.

however chances of success very low, the way the CISCO is positioned is that in a way that you SHOULDN'T be in the Bus Lane at all during the Bus Lane timings.
goenitz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #17

How do you appeal and where if you get caught for the first time on a bus lane during the restricted time?

But I was trying to move out of the lane at the same time. There were a lot of cars on my right too. It took me about 5 minutes to move out. I have signaled my intention to move to the right too.

The taxi in front of me also got snapped by the CISCO guy. Both cars were trying to move to the right.
First time offence, they might let you go. What I did was I went down to LTA, asked for the queue for appeal at the registration counter, and waited for the officer. Told my side of the story, and he said because it was a first time offence, he will waive the fine.

All the best!
zuldevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #18

Continueous White Line

Any idea if there is any demerit point for parking at the side of a continuous white line?

I seriously thought for white line, only cannot park if it is 2 parallel white lines. Somemore that is a dead end road leading to a few landed houses.

Sigh...what do you think of my chance if appeal?
chiaki11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #19

i think there is an email on TP's website for it.

however chances of success very low, the way the CISCO is positioned is that in a way that you SHOULDN'T be in the Bus Lane at all during the Bus Lane timings.
usually they will waive it if its your first offence and u have a valid reason.

ps u can request to see the photo at LTA but you cannot keep the photo
famodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is there a way to appeal successfully for an offence for displaying a tampered parking coupon?

I bought two coupons from a stranger in an open-space carpark as I was rushing for time and did not have any coupon with me. My mistake was I did not bother to check the condition of the coupons and just displayed them on my dashboard.

The inspection officer confiscated my coupons and I already appealed once through email. The deputy superintendent fined me $400 for that offence instead. So there is no way to appeal for this offence?

Is going down to Maxwell Centre to explain the case to the officer help in the case?

2) For the Emperor!
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

First time offence, they might let you go. What I did was I went down to LTA, asked for the queue for appeal at the registration counter, and waited for the officer. Told my side of the story, and he said because it was a first time offence, he will waive the fine.

All the best!
Until now, I did not receive anything from LTA regarding this case.

2) For the Emperor!
Old 29-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

I got a composition fine of $400. Sianz...

2) For the Emperor!
Old 24-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #23

how long will it take to receive red light traffic offence ticket in singapore?
wiiflyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

I paid my composition fine last month without any court hearing. I think I was lucky in a sense.

It is also up to the officer-in-charge whether he/she will believe in your story or not. Furthermore, it is useless to reason with the people there as I have seen a guy tried it in the next room beside mine when I was waiting to pay my fine.

After the reasoning fiasco, the officer-in-charge just told the guy off and said that the offence is a serious one and he is lucky that he is not jailed for it.

So I guess I was an unlucky bugger that bought a tampered coupon from a despicable fellow. I am also to be blamed for not checking the thing thoroughly first. Haiz...

Lesson learnt! Never buy anything from a stranger!

2) For the Emperor!
Old 26-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #25

If u park in a pick up point and bring ur kid to the nearby for her class... If LTA come, is it consider offense?
gaolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #26

I just got a summon from Cisco officer. It did not indicate the price on the ticket.

How much is it? (when the offence is parking opposite a continous white line)
Will I receive a court letter for that?
How long will it take to arrive?

Sianz! I rather they indicate the price! Don't want them to mail it to my house! My dad will nag.

Any idea guys?
omzong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you get a similar case like mine, you are not encouraged to appeal vigoriously as it may get nasty and a court case will be involved.

You can appeal and hope to get a composition fine. Then you just pay up and be done with it. Do not be a hero and try to get the fine annulled. It will never happen for my case.

This is a general advice to those who get caught for tampered parking coupons. It is not good to appear in the court for such a thing. You will only be scolded like a dog by the judge.

One of my friends got the same thing as mine. He wanted to challenge the system and annulled the fine. In the end, he got summoned to the court and fined with $2000. Furthermore, he tried to reason but got scolded by the judge instead. That was the maximum fine for the offence.

2) For the Emperor!
Old 18-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #28

anyone successfully appeal to LTA to waive off the 120+ 3 demerit points for parking at double zig zag line?
Godbleseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #29

did the following change since the starting of this thread?

all parking offences other than parking on single/double zig-zag line=fine ONLY.

parking on zig-zag lines single or double=fine plus demerit points?
alochong19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #30

Just kenna ticket for parking in front of fire hydrant. Didn't even see the red thing there in the first place. How bad might the fine be? Anyone?
yvonnexcursive is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.