2016 Estima driving Voltage 12.2V. Normal?

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I told them that's unacceptable so looks like if they don't get back to me within a few days, the Lemon Law is about to be tested. I think Lemon Law doesn't differentiate whether its an AD or a PI, as long as its a seller.
All the best!
Update us all here ya.

limpingsim98

Reaction score
Ya man! Now you are the on to put this Lemon LAW to the test le lo.

Documenting all your issues & repairs, which may be useful if lemon law (even) work/act?

If the car cam is not fitted by agent. Then owner has to disconnect it to confirm before he can use lemon law. Is always a bad ideal to run car cam 24x7.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah PI.. lagi jialat. You better totally remove the car cam and go back to bang table. Don't give any reason for them to push the blame. Make sure car is totally stock.

Qwerty

Reaction score
Just to keep you guys updated,
So far my PI has been quite honorable. They gave me a firm date for the part replacement ( 2 weeks) then the part arrived on time.
Also gave me a loaner car to drive while it was being replaced (BMW 5 series!)
Due to collect my car back tomorrow, hopefully everything goes well now!
Despite all that's happened, I think this is one PI I'm happy to work with. They've gone quite a bit to try to troubleshoot for me and then fixed it in a decent time. (After all, the original fault is probably not their doing)

As an aside, for the last few days I've been getting a lot more vehicles trying to cut my lane, preventing me from overtaking and generally being agressive when I'm driving he BMW as opposed to my Toyota. Even got the middle finger from a Mercs who did a left side overtaking when I was driving behind a slow vehicle in the middle lane and tried to cut me off from filtering left. Is there something about BMWs that infuriates people, or is it just my conservative driving (I drive the family around in an MPV usually. No room for "vroom-vroom")

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
This is my take on drive.
Always follow the flow of the speed in your lane.
Yes, you may be at the max legal limit on the middle lane already but if you are uncomfortable with the flow, do move to the slower lane.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to keep you guys updated,
So far my PI has been quite honorable. They gave me a firm date for the part replacement ( 2 weeks) then the part arrived on time.
Also gave me a loaner car to drive while it was being replaced (BMW 5 series!)
Due to collect my car back tomorrow, hopefully everything goes well now!
Despite all that's happened, I think this is one PI I'm happy to work with. They've gone quite a bit to try to troubleshoot for me and then fixed it in a decent time. (After all, the original fault is probably not their doing)

As an aside, for the last few days I've been getting a lot more vehicles trying to cut my lane, preventing me from overtaking and generally being agressive when I'm driving he BMW as opposed to my Toyota. Even got the middle finger from a Mercs who did a left side overtaking when I was driving behind a slow vehicle in the middle lane and tried to cut me off from filtering left. Is there something about BMWs that infuriates people, or is it just my conservative driving (I drive the family around in an MPV usually. No room for "vroom-vroom")

I have several people tell me that those who drive bm or merc usually don't signal and are either road hoggers or road bullies. If you see an uncle usually those older uncles driving these cars, just watch out. Haha.. I've seen too many as well. I'm not saying all are like this but can say a majority. It's in their mindset that they have to win everything and everything belongs to them. I dunno, you see for yourself.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have several people tell me that those who drive bm or merc usually don't signal and are either road hoggers or road bullies. If you see an uncle usually those older uncles driving these cars, just watch out. Haha.. I've seen too many as well. I'm not saying all are like this but can say a majority. It's in their mindset that they have to win everything and everything belongs to them. I dunno, you see for yourself.

Not just in sg but same all over the world. BMW drivers loves to piss off others by their irresponsible driving.
There are quite a number of surveys and studies out there! LOL

Sent from Samsung SM-N9200 using GAGT

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some people drive so slowly they become a hazard on the road. Don't be one of those guys. Slow isn't necessarily good. Follow the speed of the majority of road users.

Qwerty

Reaction score
Some people drive so slowly they become a hazard on the road. Don't be one of those guys. Slow isn't necessarily good. Follow the speed of the majority of road users.

Haha... I usually drive at speed limit +10km/hr, except for the "high risk" areas. In fact the way I drive from my usual Estima vs the BMW was no different but the road response was very different. Ah well.
As a few of the guys here said, BMW drivers have a bad reputation

As an aside, the problem seems to have gone away so hopefully the repair was successful. My dealer says a couple of PI Harriers and 1 other Estima had the same problem. Seems like a parts issue for Toyota.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the long break - got very caught up with work
Ya. Bought from PI. They told me despite the defects its safe to drive around so just go ahead and they will check it again at some time later and replace the ABS pump when it comes, which may be a few months later. I told them that's unacceptable so looks like if they don't get back to me within a few days, the Lemon Law is about to be tested. I think Lemon Law doesn't differentiate whether its an AD or a PI, as long as its a seller.
To update, I disconnected the camera as well but the problem still came back. Its quite scary losing power steering and dashboard info when you're doing 90 on the expressway.... safe my foot...

Disconnect car cam is no use. There is a device connecting your car cam and power yo ensure power cut off at battery low voltage. This device may be taking up much power.

If you have equipment other then factory one. I would not be suprised that the worler any how tap power in the car. The most easy way os to tap power from break switch, which is super risky.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.