HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any GrabHitch or Ryde driver comes in to share experience!!!

Like Tree242Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #16

I used to be on ryde but not much lobang... then I uninstalled the app for few months.

Last week I reinstalled again still cannot find much lobang.

I still find GrabHitch better.
Do u need to covert your insurance to company insurance to drive grab hitch?
MatrixIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Grabhitch no need convert

Sent from zhutou kopitiam using GAGT
ZhuTou! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do u need to covert your insurance to company insurance to drive grab hitch?
That is the beauty , you no need to register a company , buy insurance and convert log card , just sign up in less than 5 min.
TUV2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 11:39 PM   #19

That is the beauty , you no need to register a company , buy insurance and convert log card , just sign up in less than 5 min.
Thanks bro. Just downloaded the Grab driver apps. I read the Q&A and it mention that we can only do 2 trips a day with GrabHitch. .. any bro wanna confirm ?
MatrixIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 02:57 AM   #20

Ryde charges $1 for every match.. how about grab hitch? how much do they charge?
RayOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #21

Thanks bro. Just downloaded the Grab driver apps. I read the Q&A and it mention that we can only do 2 trips a day with GrabHitch. .. any bro wanna confirm ?
Singapore transport regulation only allows for 2 trips a day, BUT there is always a way around the system :p

Ryde charges $1 for every match.. how about grab hitch? how much do they charge?
For RYDE, technically you purchase their credits, which equates to $1 per credit. If you buy the unlimited credit, it's $30. Worth it if you are able to pick up passengers regularly.
As for GrabHitch, they take a commission of average $1 per trip, slightly more or less depending on the overall cost.
SGJoe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 08:25 AM   #22

Anyway, I've been a regular driver for both RYDE and GrabHitch for quite a while. Initially was picking up a lot of passengers on RYDE, but GrabHitch had been aggressive in marketing, so my RYDE account had been quiet of late while my GrabHitch is on fire

4 out of 5 passengers from RYDE will take the front seat, whereas 2 out of 5 from GrabHitch will take the front seat. I guess passengers from GrabHitch assumed that it is like taxi service, except it's cheaper, since it's under the Grab group. It does annoys me a bit when they sit behind, but I've learned to accept it. Those that automatically take the front seat always strike up conversations, which is really good for networking. Those that sit at the back always bury their face in their phone, oh well.
Jacky2000 and pakp88 like this.
Old 27-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #23

Singapore transport regulation only allows for 2 trips a day, BUT there is always a way around the system :p

For RYDE, technically you purchase their credits, which equates to $1 per credit. If you buy the unlimited credit, it's $30. Worth it if you are able to pick up passengers regularly.
As for GrabHitch, they take a commission of average $1 per trip, slightly more or less depending on the overall cost.
what's the exact commission that they charge for grab? can't find any info in their website.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:16 AM   #24

what's the exact commission that they charge for grab? can't find any info in their website.
They don't state the exact commission. I didn't know about it until I spoke to a GrabHitch passenger during one of the ride, and found that the price they paid to Grab is higher than what Grab is paying me. Short distance I know is $1 comm, based on $6 from passenger, and $5 to driver. Anything longer I've yet to verify with my other passengers.
Old 29-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

Today took one minah she asks my permission to sit at the back.

It was a quiet ride like passenger with a taxi driver.
Old 29-06-2016, 11:19 PM   #26
High Supremacy Member

Nobody say that for carpool, pax have to sit infront
If pax never talk, u can start the talking first if u wanna chat
When i work in grabcar, no matter pax sit infront or behind, i also able to chat with them unless they dun wanna talk

For drivers, dun always have negative thoughts, be neutral
Pax sit behind means treat u like taxi?
So if chiobu sit infront means she have interest in me?
If u keep thinking like this, dun drive la quit better

chaddeus and erizai like this.
Old 30-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

Upupupup. Grabhitch
Partner here.........
Leave No Men Behind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #28

experience on hitch not as good.. just started both ryde and hitch.. people on ryde are generally more friendly.. i think most hitch users treat it as normal taxi..

so far pick up 2 ryde riders and both are friendly and chatty.. pick up 2 hitch riders.. 1 indicated 1 pax in the end 3 pax with kid.. then the kid keep kick my chair.. damn irritating.. the other 1 funny.. cos mine is a 2 doors car.. she like keep searching for the rear door..

conclusion.. never pick up kids.. try to use ryde rather than hitch..
Old 30-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

just wonder if ryde and hitch charge differently on the type of car?

do you pay more on a conti car vs a cherry?
Old 30-06-2016, 09:29 PM   #30
High Supremacy Member

just wonder if ryde and hitch charge differently on the type of car?

do you pay more on a conti car vs a cherry?
I think same price ba

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.