Any GrabHitch/RydeShare driver come in to share experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hitching only mah. No booking fee and fare is so low. The purpose is to send people to work along the way.

Pax want cheap, should not expect any kind of service level. Its a heng suay kind of thing. This is not a taxi with standards to meet.

Hitching only. Take it leave it. Its your own risk. I honestly do not believe grab will have any kind of ratings.

Of course if keep doing this also no good. But hey our bus and mrt also can late what.

Last edited:

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last week I dis one. Scally saw one more more suitable. However I stick, no change. Though got 1hr buffer. Steady one

RayOfLight

Reaction score
I think we have to be fair.. I have passengers cancel last minute too.. there is nothing I can do too.. That's why rating is important..

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earn a few bucks, worth the trouble boh? :)

If hitch someone along the way and can earn taxi rate, I chop chop sign up lo...

Shu

Reaction score
Today I accepted 3 requests but 2 cancelled at the last minute.

First one cancelled 10-15 mins before the agreed time. Lucky I was nearby and had just sat in my car.

The second one lagi better. I received SMS from Grab telling me to pick the passenger up in 2 minutes. Right after that i received another SMS saying the passenger cancelled the ride. I was already there lor.

Maybe in both cases the passenger forgot they made the request. The Grab message alerts sometimes easy to miss.

So next time SOP I'll message first to confirm.

At this point I think GrabHitch still new to me so don't mind these cock up. Sometimes quite fun matching routes. A bit like a game. Get to know more of Singapore haha.

But I think if the cancellations continue I'll lose interest. The money is so-so. Maybe the equivalent of working $6/hr haha. If student then maybe still can but now time is money too.

So it's in Grab's interest to make things as smooth and enjoyable for the driver as possible. Otherwise drivers will drop out, then with no drivers no one will pick up the passengers, so passengers will also think no point. Then bye bye GrabHitch.

Shu

Reaction score
Usually for now wan to to take 1 also hard. Needless to mention 2 and up

Sometimes gotta see if the passenger can fit somewhere in between your route. That means their start or end may not be near your start or end, but somewhere along the way. Sometimes that's not so obvious until you think about it.

Like that can increase your chance of picking someone up. Also becomes a bit of a game coz you got to visualise your route and Singapore roads.

RayOfLight

Reaction score
normally I will sms them to confirm once I accepted the request.. for those that I accepted last minute and if they don't reply like around 5mins, I will cancel.. I will try to avoid going to the location without a sms confirmation..

i ever picked up 5 trips in a day.. think they don't bother, as they probably need more drivers..

RayOfLight

Reaction score
Usually for now wan to to take 1 also hard. Needless to mention 2 and up

it really depends on how much you wanna detour and how long you can wait.. if you got some time to spare and don't mind slight "detour", quite certainly can get..

let's say yesterday.. I was going back to jurong from seng kang past mid night.. distance wise I think around 35km via tpe-sle-kje-pie 30mins drive.. I chose to hitch.. so I picked up from serangoon to dhoby ghaut.. then from city hall to bukit batok.. distance should be less than 45km..

i got $20 for the 2 trips.. let's say it's difference is 10km.. petrol wise take it as 1 litre, around $1.5 after all discount.. i still "earn" $18.. to detour it's definitely worth it..

however after adding the waiting/searching time I took 1 hour more to get back home.. so it may not be worth it to some..

Shu

Reaction score
it really depends on how much you wanna detour and how long you can wait.. if you got some time to spare and don't mind slight "detour", quite certainly can get..

let's say yesterday.. I was going back to jurong from seng kang past mid night.. distance wise I think around 35km via tpe-sle-kje-pie 30mins drive.. I chose to hitch.. so I picked up from serangoon to dhoby ghaut.. then from city hall to bukit batok.. distance should be less than 45km..

i got $20 for the 2 trips.. let's say it's difference is 10km.. petrol wise take it as 1 litre, around $1.5 after all discount.. i still "earn" $18.. to detour it's definitely worth it..

however after adding the waiting/searching time I took 1 hour more to get back home.. so it may not be worth it to some..

Yah I agree. It depends on how much you value a dollar and the potential inconvenience.

Today got another passenger cancel on me. OK, not even cancel. I had to do it for him! I SMS him about 30 minutes before the ride then he tell me he's on MC so he's not going to his destination. I ask him to cancel the request then but he said he don't know. He sounds like a decent chap so OK lah.

I also find the app a bit confusing sometimes. Like when I first started I didn't know how to access the ride info after I accepted it. Only after pressing around all over the screen did I realise some text can be tapped on. Not very obvious (it didn't look like a button). I myself took a while to figure out how to cancel the guy's ride for him.

Thinking about it all these small things add up and can put drivers off. I think drivers are willing to try once but if it's not smooth they won't give it another shot.

One of my passengers said he has only a 1 out of 10 success rate from GrabHitch so he doesn't really pay it much attention. But this guy not bad got strategy to taking Uber/Grab and the sequence he follows. I guess meeting interesting folks like him can be a plus for GrabHitch.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My thumb rule is 2-3 km from the stating point and ending point I will consider taking the ride .

Sometime the ending point could be far but if it is on the way to my final destination I will take also.

orhanzi

Master Member
Reaction score
my vehice insurance can't convert to commercial. i can only do ryde ? is ryde even worth doing ?

RayOfLight

Reaction score
my vehice insurance can't convert to commercial. i can only do ryde ? is ryde even worth doing ?

ryde and hitch are generally the same.. but ryde got $1 charge, thought they will give credit.. I completed 3 trips and they gave me 200 credits.. but rarely will find any match.. the good thing about ryde is the fare can go up to $20+ whereas hitch cap @ $15.. probably this is also one of the reasons why riders prefer hitch.. but I think ryde database is no where near hitch..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.