Any GrabHitch/RydeShare driver come in to share experience! - Part 2

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard on radio that Ryde now recruiting drivers. Maybe they thought they could fill up Uber’s gap. Ryde tioed makan by Grab is sooner or later, if they turn into a threat :o

Uber did put up some 垂死的挣扎 in the past few months with tie-up with Comfort n launch of UberFlash n Uber Commute. Uber Commute boh 1 month jitao up lorry liao :s13:

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Uber-Comfort thingy was a farce.

I heard on radio that Ryde now recruiting drivers. Maybe they thought they could fill up Uber’s gap. Ryde tioed makan by Grab is sooner or later, if they turn into a threat :o

Uber did put up some 垂死的挣扎 in the past few months with tie-up with Comfort n launch of UberFlash n Uber Commute. Uber Commute boh 1 month jitao up lorry liao :s13:

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ryde? Can forget it la, even uber has to surrender who they think they are ?

Sent from Samsung SM-T819Y using GAGT

joshuacaleb

Reaction score
I did grab hitch and my $ not yet paid. Still got $60++ more than 10days already. Anyone Kena top?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
I think grab know that many hitch passenger than normal grab passenger. If not why full time grab car want to do hitch? Stack gao gao one trip better than take one passenger one trip.
Now grab will think of a way how to make money from hitch passenger since the demand is so high in grabhitch.
Get prepared Grabhitch will be gone and come out new platform Grabhit. Only for full time grab drivers to take.
Fare might be slightly higher than hitch $3-$5 per trip. This $3-$5 will go to grab. Starting this platform may have many promo code for riders to stay put rather than rider gone disappear, take public tpt and this don't benefit grab. All Grabhitch driver eat ownself. Only left 一条毛😂
But since gahman started tis carpooling w monetary incentives thingy, don think it will stop la. Rem very 1st there is 2 platform for carpooling - ryde n swiftback? Later then gh n uc. There mus b a reason y out of nowhere ppl started doing the hitch app rite? Eat too full nthing to do? Cfm gt funding from gahman la. Perhaps to lessen the jams in public transport. They also foresee the early shutdown hours of the trains to do a full overhaul in the mrt systems, causing inconvenience to the public. By tapping tis pool of private car drivers n phv drivers, the commuters gt another alternative to choose from for their daily transport.

But afterall G is still a $ making company. Either they bring up the gh fares to make comparable to gc, or they restrict 2 rides per day n no stacking entirely. Riders will c no much diff bet gh n gc then. Jus my few cents of tots 😀

Alex.hero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What would u do if a hitcher with heavy cigarette smell enter your car?

a) cancel booking, ask them go out immediately.
b) Endure for the rest of the journey since they are paying you.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Open the windows slightly loh. It’s your car.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

its your car unless u really hard up for that little $$.

even if hard up for $$ also plenty of other hitch available.

i will cancel and drive off, its my car and its not so much abt they are paying me.

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kena few times Liao. For me I will tell them next time don't smoke before board. I can tahan the smell but after alight open Windows.

iamveryguailan

Master Member
Reaction score
i can tahan smoke smell one even though i dont smoke, even enjoy it a bit got that kick

just scared it go into aircon, but realised it wont

after ride just wind down window ventilate

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thing is you don’t know until you pick the person.

its your car unless u really hard up for that little $$.

even if hard up for $$ also plenty of other hitch available.

i will cancel and drive off, its my car and its not so much abt they are paying me.

Ghost777

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thing is you don’t know until you pick the person.
Agreed...
Today hitch a lady to boonlay never say anything just ride confirm. Once reach see she holding a bulky folded bedsheet and some dismantle metal bed. Straight away stop tell her get another hitch. My car don't carry this service. Cancel and go.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s22:

Some people really push it too far.

Agreed...
Today hitch a lady to boonlay never say anything just ride confirm. Once reach see she holding a bulky folded bedsheet and some dismantle metal bed. Straight away stop tell her get another hitch. My car don't carry this service. Cancel and go.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed...

heng sia touch wood, so far the hitch i encountered all no bulky stuffs.

90% get onboard, sit behind and do their own stuffs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.