Anyone deal with Cars Inn Credit before?

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw this thread and the review a while ago, but thought it was the Woodlands branch which had more problems. So I decided to try to Commonwealth branch. They were good at sweet talks and the feeling I got from one of the senior guy was good.

1 year warranty, free grooming, blah blah blah. The warranty is from World Auto Pte Ltd.

All hell broke loose the day I collected the car. The interior was **** even though they claimed it had been groomed. My leather seat had a tore mark - this I did not even see before. I complained and they did not care. What was I to do, forfeit my $2K deposit?

Warning: Those guys are not honest, and don't give a ****. Buy at your own risk, and if you want sleepless nights, go ahead. There is reason for their 'low price'. I've been stupid, so hope you guys won't kena like me.

Hope you all know CARS INN CREDIT is the scary company, and the related World Auto as well. STAY AWAY.

Thanks for sharing and we need more of such negative feedback.

Hope you get your car fix still since bought.

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha also see heng suay one lah.
The car i bought 2 years ago going to scrap, engine still runs well but interior slowly cui already but im not complaining !

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes definitely "Heng suay" when it comes to electronics
I guess what's more important is whether the dealer will honor the in-warranty claims

haha also see heng suay one lah.
The car i bought 2 years ago going to scrap, engine still runs well but interior slowly cui already but im not complaining !

SGJoe86

Reaction score
I actually dealt with the Woodlands branch earlier this year, fell for the same "car available, then sold liao" tactic. Didn't know about their smelly name back then as I was kinda desperate to offload my previous car, which they were the only dealer willing to take in $7k above all other dealers I went to ($28k vs $21k!!!).

Bought a Honda Fit from them, two days later engine check light came on, sian 1/2. Sent the car in for them to check, they claimed nothing was wrong and cleared the light. Next day morning the light came back, so I sent it back to them again. This time round they smart, did a bypass of the system so the light won't come back on. I found the error is still there as I bought a bluetooth OBD2 dongle online, and verified with my friend's workshop that the error was still there. He did mention that it's an common error, suspect previous owner change exhaust, so switching back to stock will normally have this error.

At least now I know to do a online search and deal with big name dealers next time, one time bitten scared liao.

MrHendry

Reaction score
I actually dealt with the Woodlands branch earlier this year, fell for the same "car available, then sold liao" tactic. Didn't know about their smelly name back then as I was kinda desperate to offload my previous car, which they were the only dealer willing to take in $7k above all other dealers I went to ($28k vs $21k!!!).

Bought a Honda Fit from them, two days later engine check light came on, sian 1/2. Sent the car in for them to check, they claimed nothing was wrong and cleared the light. Next day morning the light came back, so I sent it back to them again. This time round they smart, did a bypass of the system so the light won't come back on. I found the error is still there as I bought a bluetooth OBD2 dongle online, and verified with my friend's workshop that the error was still there. He did mention that it's an common error, suspect previous owner change exhaust, so switching back to stock will normally have this error.

At least now I know to do a online search and deal with big name dealers next time, one time bitten scared liao.

Hope you guys can spread the word. Hope your relatives, friends, and everyone you know looking to buy car to avoid them at all cost. No car buyer should undergo that kind of stress after spending a bomb. Already spent a bomb on the downpayment, having to cough up a few more hundreds, maybe close to thousands like my radiator at $900 is crazy. It was the worst decision I ever made dealing with them.

Avoid at all cost.

sportspree101

Reaction score
me and my friend buy car there.. have bad experience.. test drive car is ok.. after take car home.. many problems come out.. friend say when we go off, they change out the good parts swap with ** parts.. not sure.. just listen only

ignorantsoup

Reaction score
I wanted to share my experience with Cars Inn as well. Bought a used car from them in 2013 and was a first time car buyer so very noob.

Trusted them to calculate the payment required so I paid first, then asked them to give me a receipt. They said will need time to break down so I said ok. Every month I call them to ask and they give all sort of excuses. After a period of 6-7 months, the guy who sold me the car finally called and give me the breakdown. That is when I realised there were a lot of charges that was not stated. I had a document from them stating the costs and it was totally off. They charged me a lot for admin and even for not taking their insurance. I told him that was ridiculous. If I knew it cost me $600 to take other company's insurance, then I will surely buy from them in the first year.

I asked for refund but it never came. They were not sincere about resolving issues. I told them my car had some issues as well as the car would jerk forward sometimes when i move off from stationary. It happened about 5 times a week. Once I called and there was a guy who spoke to me. I just wanted his name so that I can follow up with him. He refused to give me his name and told me he is called Handsome Wong. Seriously stupid fella as you can google his name that is listed in the Cars Inn website.

Long story short, I went through Small Claims Tribunal. They didn't bother to come. SCT awarded me damages for charging me costs that was not stated upfront, and for costs to repair the car (lemon law). They didn't bother, so I had to continue the process to seize their assets. Then I realised why they can't be bothered. You can't seize anything. The laptops are employee's own laptops. You can only seize tables chairs fridge etc. After a month, the guy who sold me the car was listed as a claimant to those items. Means nothing there belongs to the company. Hence they can go along tricking inexperienced people and selling lemon cars and nobody can do anything to them.

Very bad experience and everybody beware! Plus when they sold me the car, they told me the other cars of same make and model in their showroom are 1.3CC and mine is 1.4CC. Was quite surprised but I didn't bother that much since it wasn't the deal breaker, plus I didn't hear of that car having 1.4CC before. The truth? According to one motoring, its 1.3CC.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious why u still went ahead to buy without knowing the breakdown?

ignorantsoup

Reaction score
A couple of factors. Mainly stupid, too trusting, and too excited to get a car. Learnt a lot of lessons the hard way.

And they lied to me that I was the second owner. I was the fourth.

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A couple of factors. Mainly stupid, too trusting, and too excited to get a car. Learnt a lot of lessons the hard way.

Wah... U really blinded... How much the car?

2nd hand car dealers cannot be trusted coz crooks are abundant n it's rare that our gahmen oso can't do anything about them :o

SGJoe86

Reaction score
As the saying goes, pay peanuts get monkeys. All of us here learn it the hard way.
There are good PIs out there, but they do command a premium as well. Importantly is do to sufficient homework, and don't dive head first when doing big ticket purchases. There is always next time. :)

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok just take it as a hard lesson learnt, not just in car buying but a life lesson in general

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rubbish company but sgcarmart support their false advertising

It a cycle my friend, if companies cannot advertise, sgcarmart will not exist lo as only the big player keep advertising, no 1 want to go le.

Like what they said? Hard truth.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does sgcarmart have the functionality to report unethical advertising? I believe if people report and keep the evidence, and publicly ask sgcarmart for their remedial actions, sgcarmart cannot run away from accountability.

Rubbish company but sgcarmart support their false advertising

walterwu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nobody would care unless it ends up in papers worldwide.

Need another vietnamese.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.