Appeal for witnesses/footage for hit and run: 22/11/2016, 9.30am, Woodlands Ave 12

stonesoup

Reaction score
TLDR; I'm a female motorcyclist who was involved in a hit and run accident on 22/11/2016 (last tuesday) along Woodlands Ave 12 heading towards Gambas Ave at around 9.35am, and I'm appealing for any witnesses/camera footage of my accident. I was on a grey PCX150, and the car involved was a black car (I was told by someone who helped me up that it was an Estima).

--

Let me start off by saying I'm not an unsafe motorist. I spend quite a lot of time on the roads, so I know my chances of getting into a traffic accident are higher than average (as compared to motorists who only commute between office and home everyday). I have family and work that I'm responsible for, so I don't ride recklessly. Heck, everyday when I mount my bike, I tell myself that I don't want to die today.

The fact is at 9.30am on 22/11/2016 (last Tuesday), I was on the first lane on Woodlands Ave 12, as I was preparing to turn off onto Gambas Ave a short way ahead. Traffic was pretty heavy, and I didn't want to face a situation of having to slowly filter my way to the turning lane. It had (supposedly) rained heavily earlier in the morning, so it was still rather cold, but the roads were dry.

I'd seen a TP along that road with a camera before, and I knew the speed limit along that long stretch of road was 70km/h. Naturally, kiasi me was conscious of travelling below the speed limit, but I wasn't hogging the 1st lane.

A black car suddenly cut into my lane from the left very quickly and recklessly, and when I realised he came into my path, I tried to veer as much as possible to the right to give him more space. The car occupied the whole lane, and I couldn't brake in time to even allow him to pass by, when the side of his car came into contact with my scooter. I wobbled, then fell and skidded along the road for quite a distance.

The black car did not stop, and sped away before I could even get up from the ground.

Thankfully, there was another motorcyclist and a van driver who stopped by and helped me up. The van driver told me that he didn't have a dashcam, but he saw that the car was a black Estima, as he said there weren't any other similar cars there.

I thank my lucky stars I'm still in one (relative) piece. I was wearing my jacket and boots (as I do when travelling for longer distances), so I only suffered abrasions on the back of my left palm, and scratches/bruises on my lower back/chest area. My left boot was quite torn up from the skid along the road, and my scooter, well, we all know what happens when a nice shiny faring gets dragged along the tarmac. I'm still aching from the impact when I hit the ground, but I'm thankful I'm not missing a limb or two (or worse). I know that I could've been even more severely injured (or even dead), and the multiple news reports of such fatal accidents over the past few weeks/months are a grim reminder that that could've been me.

I've done my due diligence to file a police report, get myself medically treated, and to get my scooter inspected. I'm hoping if anyone here was travelling along that road/knows anyone who was. It's a long shot, but if anyone had camera footage of what had happened, I would be so grateful if you could contact me.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ikr, I'm actually looking to get a cam fixed this coming week after this incident :(

Get that done asap. Too many accidents recently...

Unfortunately chances are you won't be able to find that driver...

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
TLDR; I'm a female motorcyclist who was involved in a hit and run accident on 22/11/2016 (last tuesday) along Woodlands Ave 12 heading towards Gambas Ave at around 9.35am, and I'm appealing for any witnesses/camera footage of my accident. I was on a grey PCX150, and the car involved was a black car (I was told by someone who helped me up that it was an Estima).

--

Let me start off by saying I'm not an unsafe motorist. I spend quite a lot of time on the roads, so I know my chances of getting into a traffic accident are higher than average (as compared to motorists who only commute between office and home everyday). I have family and work that I'm responsible for, so I don't ride recklessly. Heck, everyday when I mount my bike, I tell myself that I don't want to die today.

The fact is at 9.30am on 22/11/2016 (last Tuesday), I was on the first lane on Woodlands Ave 12, as I was preparing to turn off onto Gambas Ave a short way ahead. Traffic was pretty heavy, and I didn't want to face a situation of having to slowly filter my way to the turning lane. It had (supposedly) rained heavily earlier in the morning, so it was still rather cold, but the roads were dry.

I'd seen a TP along that road with a camera before, and I knew the speed limit along that long stretch of road was 70km/h. Naturally, kiasi me was conscious of travelling below the speed limit, but I wasn't hogging the 1st lane.

A black car suddenly cut into my lane from the left very quickly and recklessly, and when I realised he came into my path, I tried to veer as much as possible to the right to give him more space. The car occupied the whole lane, and I couldn't brake in time to even allow him to pass by, when the side of his car came into contact with my scooter. I wobbled, then fell and skidded along the road for quite a distance.

The black car did not stop, and sped away before I could even get up from the ground.

Thankfully, there was another motorcyclist and a van driver who stopped by and helped me up. The van driver told me that he didn't have a dashcam, but he saw that the car was a black Estima, as he said there weren't any other similar cars there.

I thank my lucky stars I'm still in one (relative) piece. I was wearing my jacket and boots (as I do when travelling for longer distances), so I only suffered abrasions on the back of my left palm, and scratches/bruises on my lower back/chest area. My left boot was quite torn up from the skid along the road, and my scooter, well, we all know what happens when a nice shiny faring gets dragged along the tarmac. I'm still aching from the impact when I hit the ground, but I'm thankful I'm not missing a limb or two (or worse). I know that I could've been even more severely injured (or even dead), and the multiple news reports of such fatal accidents over the past few weeks/months are a grim reminder that that could've been me.

I've done my due diligence to file a police report, get myself medically treated, and to get my scooter inspected. I'm hoping if anyone here was travelling along that road/knows anyone who was. It's a long shot, but if anyone had camera footage of what had happened, I would be so grateful if you could contact me.

Hope you catch the driver soon and speedy recovery. :)

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

--

Got your photo or video ? :s11:

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Try asking in beh chia lor and roads.sg fb page

Can go to mycarforum also.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am glad you are alive and recovering, hope you find the fella soon.

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hit and run ******* driver...

hope u catch the bugger fast...

put this in edmw and other car forums...
maybe someone managed to get the video...

and hopefully our LTA mata will work hard and try to trace black estima

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.