BM Motoring and Dickson Automobile car dealers

Mr.Eric

Reaction score
Anyone bought from them before? Mind sharing if you have. Shortlisted 2 cars and I am either buying from BM Motoring or Dickson automobile.

Sorry if I am too paranoid.

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
No you are not paranoid

You have every right to be paranoid

Any one deal with motor universe enterprise?

shunsuke1984

Reaction score
No you are not paranoid

I bought my Axio from motor universe during dec2012. After sales service very poor. The dealer very bo chup once he collected money from me.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All no after sales.
Don't expect anything from second hand dealers

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok, just to share my experience.

i bought my 1st car at the end of June 2013 due to a change in job location. YES MY OWN CAR!!! HAHA!

it was a suzuki swift 1.5M and i feel it was a decent deal.

i bought it from MCT Trader LLP and was assisted by a dealer called Eric.

i'm not sure if it was a good experience as i've never ever bought another car but i would like to say i was satisfied.

i went down to check out the car on saturday, brought my dad on sunday, gave the deposit of 1k and wala! tuesday i was handed the car after paying the balance net of the loan approved.

the transfer of ownership was instant, we used cash, and i drove off like a happy 18 year old (i'm 29)

honestly, i don't know if this is considered good service, but it was fast and different from the horror stories i read about.

my car is fine now, no wierd stuff happening, with full agent servicing log card etc. i also went to champion motors to double confirm and yes the servicing was done there.

only issue was that it was posted to be owned by an expat but when i looked at the servicing receipts, it was a local chinese name haha.

overall satisfied and loving my car now.

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only issue was that it was posted to be owned by an expat but when i looked at the servicing receipts, it was a local chinese name haha.

The dealers like to pretend the previous owners were expats - they like customers to think expats treat their cars better than locals.

To a certain extent, it is true. Expats usually send the cars to the authorised dealers for repairs and servicing, as the cars are part of their expat package.

But some expats drive the hell out of their cars, and the mileage clocked for a 2-3 year old car can be quite high.

Also, some expats are regional directors, so a lot of travel into Malaysia.

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya! initially I was thinking ok expat always out of town v gd lol!
but thankfully the car is ok, so far so good except for the brakes which is a safety issue, gonna go check it out in the workshop soon

walterwu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought from them before? Mind sharing if you have. Shortlisted 2 cars and I am either buying from BM Motoring or Dickson automobile.

Recommended to check whether they are

directly case-trust registered (not through SVTA) and

check last servicing record (odometer reading) with distributor's service centre and

don't accept complementary 10,000km servicing before handover unless done by distributor's service centre.

leslieehy

Reaction score
No you are not paranoid

I got my vios 06 from Motor Universe.. But it was a referral from a fren. Not a really bad experience. Need to play mind games when it comes to negotiating price. Communication was good. $300 football fee..

I had no issues with the car after getting it from the dealer. So never get to know how is their after-sales service.

Hope this helps.

limkopilimteh

Reaction score
Got my opc swift from BM motoring a year plus ago, car is working fine.
Just ignore what the salesman say about the previous owner la, its mostly crap.

They charge an admin fee, but their prices were lower compared to other dealers for similar make at that time, so i still went with them. Ultimately, admin fee or not, consumers look at the total price paid.

As for aftersales service, i dun require it at all. But when i was viewing the car, the salesman was telling his mechanic to help fix the power window of another car bought recently. However, it could be staged for all i know.

So, the best thing to do is to go and pray for lots of good luck before buying a car.

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BM Motoring? Any affiliation with Borneo Motors (BM), or just hoping to ride on their coattail? :s13:

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No you are not paranoid

Wah... 3rd post only n the thread kenna hijacked liao :s13:

Peepo asked about BM Motoring n DICKson Automobile, chiu come asked abt motor universe enterprise :s13:

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The dealers like to pretend the previous owners were expats - they like customers to think expats treat their cars better than locals.

Car dealers oso always like to tell chiu that the previous owner upgraded to a bigger better car becoz business do until jin big, to make the car looks like jin auspicious, bringing good luck to the owner. :s13:

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
I got my vios 06 from Motor Universe.. But it was a referral from a fren. Not a really bad experience. Need to play mind games when it comes to negotiating price. Communication was good. $300 football fee..

I had no issues with the car after getting it from the dealer. So never get to know how is their after-sales service.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback

something

Master Member
Reaction score
Car dealers oso always like to tell chiu that the previous owner upgraded to a bigger better car becoz business do until jin big, to make the car looks like jin auspicious, bringing good luck to the owner. :s13:
when i received my car, the salesman say tonite 4D sure open...

ya, sure open one... 4D all made by 0-9 mah... :s13:

limkopilimteh

Reaction score
BM Motoring? Any affiliation with Borneo Motors (BM), or just hoping to ride on their coattail? :s13:

well, i think no one will link them with Borneo Motors...come to think of it, there was this massage place near my house called BJ massage or something like that... :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.