My "kar" power is more than that but my insurance is way lower
vblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #32
Master Member

interesting !!!
evoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #33
Banned

I am already 30 year old, and have been jobless since year 2004.

I have been earning nothing since then, and I have been living off my past allowances/savings. Having said that, I am currently sourcing for a car - a suzuki swift or a nissan latio.

We only live once - to own a car, is no big deal nowadays. If Its only a 1 day ownership before some finance company tow away the car, I wouldnt mind too.

More good years ahead...
Thank you.
Yowe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 03:02 AM   #34
Master Member

I am already 30 year old, and have been jobless since year 2004.

I have been earning nothing since then, and I have been living off my past allowances/savings. Having said that, I am currently sourcing for a car - a suzuki swift or a nissan latio.

We only live once - to own a car, is no big deal nowadays. If Its only a 1 day ownership before some finance company tow away the car, I wouldnt mind too.

More good years ahead...
Thank you.
You should print this out and attach to your loan application - it will help the loan officer 'process' your application very quickly.
blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 03:17 AM   #35
Supremacy Member

You should print this out and attach to your loan application - it will help the loan officer 'process' your application very quickly.
Bah, he's been posting about being jobless everywhere in HWZ. He's working but considers his work beneath him. Has been flamed to death in the Job Seekers sub-forums.
alvinaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 04:07 AM   #36

Bah, he's been posting about being jobless everywhere in HWZ. He's working but considers his work beneath him. Has been flamed to death in the Job Seekers sub-forums.
I think he is just being sarcastic & he is not actually talking about himself.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #37

I juz sold my sunny for a civic 1.6A, monthly installment is around 600+. I consider myself to be in the middle income range. Civic is still affordable though I could have made life much easier for myself financially if I choose other cheaper models in the same range. But I also believe that life is short, so might as well enjoy it while it lasts. The new civic is my dream car in my "affordability" range and I fell in love with it the moment I test drove it. No other models in the same range come close to the civic in my personal opinion.

So for my case, yes I can afford the civic but I would be able to invest or save more $ if I had chosen other cheaper models. However, I know that I'll be happiest driving my dream car. So as long as I dun maintain my car on a unrealistically tight budget, especially in s'pore when having a car is a huge liability (in financial sense), I hope to keep a balance between personal enjoyment and financial control.
machocheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #38
Master Member

Deserves a sticky...
erin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #39

Once in a while, a forumer will appear with details about his salary and expenditure and seek the advice of fellow HWZers about whether he can afford a car.

The answers will predictably fall into four categories.

(1) "Wah, you earn so much, can afford any car you like" (for any salary above $2.5k)

This type of answer is usually posted by non-working forumers like students or those.........................................................
i slaute u~

wat u sae is all true.. hahahahah~

i belong to those got car with bleeding pocket...... hai~ guess maybe im too materialistic.....
Old 03-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

I juz sold my sunny for a civic 1.6A, monthly installment is around 600+. I consider myself to be in the middle income range. Civic is still affordable though I could have made life much easier for myself financially if I choose other cheaper models in the same range. But I also believe that life is short, so might as well enjoy it while it lasts. The new civic is my dream car in my "affordability" range and I fell in love with it the moment I test drove it. No other models in the same range come close to the civic in my personal opinion.

So for my case, yes I can afford the civic but I would be able to invest or save more $ if I had chosen other cheaper models. However, I know that I'll be happiest driving my dream car. So as long as I dun maintain my car on a unrealistically tight budget, especially in s'pore when having a car is a huge liability (in financial sense), I hope to keep a balance between personal enjoyment and financial control.
same here. civic is my dream car. but i wouldn't imagine settling for the 1.6. it's either 1.8/2.0, or another toyota.
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #41
Master Member

ups ups ups
erin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:46 AM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

ups ups ups
It already a sticky, for goodness sake.

To Buy Or Not To Buy, This Is A Temptation
Cyberbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #43

I most definately cannot afford a car. My pay is horrible. Besides.... i dun even have a licence.

Old 13-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

i wouldnt mind paying for a car, it's my passion..

but, i wouldnt buy new cars.. depreciation kills for the first 2years..
Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2007, 01:54 AM   #45

how to actually define can or cannot afford? seems like alot of ppl work e calculations and not advisable to own unless earn 5k abv? but i also hav frens wif 2.5k salary buying civics. how is tat possible ah?
magnifico is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.