HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Can you afford a car?

Like Tree104Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #46
Master Member

I most definately cannot afford a car. My pay is horrible. Besides.... i dun even have a licence.

and u r AudiA6
erin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #47
Master Member

how to actually define can or cannot afford? seems like alot of ppl work e calculations and not advisable to own unless earn 5k abv? but i also hav frens wif 2.5k salary buying civics. how is tat possible ah?
I answered this in my original posting.
blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

and u r AudiA6
how ironic for his nick...
suakukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #49
Banned

if u have 10 million in yr bank you can well afford a lamborghini or ferrari
small_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #50
Banned

even ppl who are delivery drivers can afford a car...what do u think
small_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 02:19 AM   #51

I answered this in my original posting.
i 4got to add on...for those frens earning 2.5... they'r not gettin help frm family..neither r they bleedin dry..tis is e amazin yet bewildering part...
magnifico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #52
Master Member

^ maybe your 2.5 frens are doing sidelines... like bookie or loan shark runner. they earn alot
Silkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #53
High Supremacy Member

Now that i re-read this thread.. quite refreshing...
Old 23-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #54
Master Member

i 4got to add on...for those frens earning 2.5... they'r not gettin help frm family..neither r they bleedin dry..tis is e amazin yet bewildering part...
IF you are single and have no family commitments, IF you are living with parents, IF you don't contribute to parents or upkeep of home, IF you don't save or invest, IF you take a large/long term loan so that your monthly repayments are (relatively) low, IF you otherwise life frugally, IF you don't mind not being able to sell your car because you have no money to repay the bank loan, then 2.5k is probably enough to own a car.

Its nothing amazing or bewildering. What is amazing or bewildering is that you have access to your friend's bank statements to come to the conclusions that you have made about your friend's personal financial situation. Why not poke around a little bit before you come to that conclusion. Do they have any outstanding overdraft facilities? Rolling over credit card debt? What is the extent of negative equity on their car? How much savings do they have after x years of working? What is the dollar value of the free accomodation, food, utilities, mortgage payments which their parents are picking up?
blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

As long the bank approved the loan amount, I do not see why not.

To Buy Or Not To Buy, This Is A Temptation
Cyberbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

As long the bank approved the loan amount, I do not see why not.
loan is one part of the equation, but you need to balance the other side - do you have the capability to continue to service the loan for the stated duration no matter what happens?
alanchia67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #57

actually..i know of a lot of people who are earning just $2+K & driving cars...to me, it's quite ridiculous lor...really ta zhong lian pi cong pang zi (i.e. beat the face until swollen so as to look fat!).
devilish_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #58
High Supremacy Member

actually..i know of a lot of people who are earning just $2+K & driving cars...to me, it's quite ridiculous lor...really ta zhong lian pi cong pang zi (i.e. beat the face until swollen so as to look fat!).
Very Gang Ko man!!!
Old 25-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #59

IF you are single and have no family commitments, IF you are living with parents, IF you don't contribute to parents or upkeep of home, IF you don't save or invest, IF you take a large/long term loan so that your monthly repayments are (relatively) low, IF you otherwise life frugally, IF you don't mind not being able to sell your car because you have no money to repay the bank loan, then 2.5k is probably enough to own a car.

Its nothing amazing or bewildering. What is amazing or bewildering is that you have access to your friend's bank statements to come to the conclusions that you have made about your friend's personal financial situation. Why not poke around a little bit before you come to that conclusion. Do they have any outstanding overdraft facilities? Rolling over credit card debt? What is the extent of negative equity on their car? How much savings do they have after x years of working? What is the dollar value of the free accomodation, food, utilities, mortgage payments which their parents are picking up?
Amen... How very true...
Old 25-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #60

Cars are expensive in sg but I believe they are still not expensive enough. There are still room to make car ownership and use more costly. What's the point of everyone owning one but can barely move on the road?
GR_Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.