Car aircond issue - workshop to recommend?

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Toyota Prius has an issue with the a/c. When it’s stationary the aircond works fine. When it’s moving a little faster then it blows warm air. My wife said it started after her Friend adjusted the temp to 29C after which she turned it back down to 24 immediately. Not sure if it means the thermostat or something is busted. Any place to recommend in the east that’s reasonably priced for a diagnosis and fix?

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May check out Mark Cool at woodlands industrial park e or so. Mark Cool, quite reasonable. No fix no count money

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
My Toyota Prius has an issue with the a/c. When it’s stationary the aircond works fine. When it’s moving a little faster then it blows warm air. My wife said it started after her Friend adjusted the temp to 29C after which she turned it back down to 24 immediately. Not sure if it means the thermostat or something is busted. Any place to recommend in the east that’s reasonably priced for a diagnosis and fix?

check that you have recirculation turned on.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brought the car to MarkCool this morning.. they couldn't figure what was wrong.. the compressor was working.. in the end told me to bring back to Borneo :o They didn't charge me for the 30 mins or so of troubleshooting :)

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brought the car to MarkCool this morning.. they couldn't figure what was wrong.. the compressor was working.. in the end told me to bring back to Borneo :o They didn't charge me for the 30 mins or so of troubleshooting :)
Wow MarkCool also cant find any problem?
Is this face by other Prius?
Am too curious what could be the problem?
Share with us when solve by BM ok.

funky05

Reaction score

Woah, that's a first! Did you talk to Ah Huat? Do update us once BM diagnoses it.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow MarkCool also cant find any problem?
Is this face by other Prius?
Am too curious what could be the problem?
Share with us when solve by BM ok.

They mostly work on compressor or related issue only. Come to electrical or electronics. Most new car will need to get back to agent.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tomika @ Ubi
OR
Yigo Car Aircon @ Ubi

Both owners are brothers. Both are good at AC troubleshooting.

Ivanpaseo

Reaction score
There a variable switch on the compressor to control the gas going to the system for cooling. might the this switch or the flow sensor having issues. From the photo, ac switch is the right bottom black round shape. The middle black rectangle one is the flow sensor. Either one has failed.
4jOEQ4ol.jpg

Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They mostly work on compressor or related issue only. Come to electrical or electronics. Most new car will need to get back to agent.
Saying so, it is not(directly) compressor or a/c system problem?

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.. just got back from overseas yesterday, no time to take the car to BM. Will try to drop it off this week and let them troubleshoot.. gonna be $$ :(

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update: sent the car to BM this morning. They found an error code and reset the system, after which the system started to work normally again. Been driving around and it seems to have been rectified. $0 spent

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
The problem with modern cars is there are too many sensors and sometime can give out a false alarm.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.