Car Servicing at Borneo Motors Singapore

jamboree

Reaction score
Hi,
I used to bring my Toyota Altis to Borneo Motors Sin Ming for servicing, but they have since closed that service centre. Sad, 'cos the service there was good.

Now, servicing is only done in :
1) Leng Kee Road
2) Ubi Road 4
3) Pandan Crescent
4) Bukit Batok Street 23

Can anybody share their experiences, good or bad, at these locations? Really appreciate the info so that I can decide which location to bring my car to for servicing.

Thanks

NovJoe

Master Member
Reaction score
Not really, I have tried going to the Bukit Batok center which is sharing with Vicom and the Woodlands one. Really cannot compare with Leng Kee. Maybe Ubi one is good since it is the main center in the east but I'm not sure.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Won't go back for servicing, chop carrot pricing and super slow.

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to bring my car to BM at Ubi. Also got coffee machine to make coffee. Level 2 got a staff canteen n got a lounge where u can sit n wait.

Not sure if got WIFI...

I don't think there will be much or any diff between the Sin Ming one n the Ubi one

Calander

Reaction score
i wont recommend BM unless it is still under warranty or due to insurance repairs.

Standard servicing at BM is easily $220+ at least even after discount. Whereas other places or even Autobacs charges only @ $128 if you choose the better engine oil package.

BM is also slow in servicing, whereas other places can get it done within 2 hours.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wont recommend BM unless it is still under warranty or due to insurance repairs.

Standard servicing at BM is easily $220+ at least even after discount. Whereas other places or even Autobacs charges only @ $128 if you choose the better engine oil package.

BM is also slow in servicing, whereas other places can get it done within 2 hours.

Autobacs is also a expensive place. Usually you end up paying more as they start to recommend you to change items here and there.

NovJoe

Master Member
Reaction score

It all depends on how busy the workshop is and how reliable it is as well. If workshop busy, you also need to wait very long.

For me, I go back to BM to prevent having more repercussions if something suddenly arises, like what happened to my friend's old Mazda 5 (engine light keep appearing, engine keep stalling even after more than 5 visits to outside workshop and spending more than $1k to change this and that).

Yes, BM is expensive like all ADs without doubts.

Last edited:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how busy the workshop is and how reliable it is as well. If workshop busy, you also need to wait very long.

For me, I go back to BM to prevent having more repercussions if something suddenly arises, like what happened to my friend's old Mazda 5 (engine light keep appearing, engine keep stalling even after more than 5 visits to outside workshop and spending more than $1k to change this and that).

Yes, BM is expensive like all ADs without doubts.
I've never serviced after my FOC 10K (which doesn't include EO) with BM. That was after 1 year. Before 2nd year up, I went back to claim a new battery (2 years warranty), there was no issue.

I took it out from 20K-110K. At least when I make a booking at Autosaver, they allocate the slot to me and I can wait in their lounge until they are ready.

If something really arises, you'll be surprised you need more than 10 visits and 10K worth of repairs before they actually know what's wrong.

If you believe the only experts are the ADs staff, you'll be surprised to know most of them know sh!t.

It's fine to be expensive, but if they can deliver, I don't mind going back to BM. Issue is, they can't deliver, slow and once they drained my coolant and actually it was almost empty. I was wondering why my car engine bay was feeling weird, I emptied a 1.25L bottle of water in easily.

Getting spare parts was also an issue because despite their magazines sent, saying they have strong inventory, etc... they can't even provide a grommet when I lost mine. That little plastic part that is at the end of the bonnet support. They told me need 1 month to indent it. I raised my eye, and in 5minutes they manage to produce one. Seriously? (Sin Ming branch as I stay 2 bus stops away).

BM's servicing/warranty model is based on 'you never need to walk in for service/warranty'. The warranty claims and servicing Q is the same. So if you are in dire need of help, you end up in the queue and pushed so far back because everybody who is doing servicing made reservations already. I waited up to 2 hours to get served. Wrote in and ask why there's no Q for warranty/service, got 0 reply.

My steering has knocking sound when turning (known issue) but they say it's not acknowledged officially, so they can't do anything - ?????? I had to go through my SE's 'backdoor' to a senior mech to know this because Sin Ming branch says the steering is 'within spec'.

That said, the SOP and SoW for BM is very straightforward, they are not there for you when you need, they are just there to earn as much as they can from servicing and selling you snake oils along the way - if you are not careful.

I'll take everything with a pinch of salt especially when the SE tells you do this can get A B C D E... Z, AA, AB....

NovJoe

Master Member
Reaction score
I've never serviced after my FOC 10K (which doesn't include EO) with BM. That was after 1 year. Before 2nd year up, I went back to claim a new battery (2 years warranty), there was no issue.

I took it out from 20K-110K. At least when I make a booking at Autosaver, they allocate the slot to me and I can wait in their lounge until they are ready.

If something really arises, you'll be surprised you need more than 10 visits and 10K worth of repairs before they actually know what's wrong.

If you believe the only experts are the ADs staff, you'll be surprised to know most of them know sh!t.

It's fine to be expensive, but if they can deliver, I don't mind going back to BM. Issue is, they can't deliver, slow and once they drained my coolant and actually it was almost empty. I was wondering why my car engine bay was feeling weird, I emptied a 1.25L bottle of water in easily.

Getting spare parts was also an issue because despite their magazines sent, saying they have strong inventory, etc... they can't even provide a grommet when I lost mine. That little plastic part that is at the end of the bonnet support. They told me need 1 month to indent it. I raised my eye, and in 5minutes they manage to produce one. Seriously? (Sin Ming branch as I stay 2 bus stops away).

BM's servicing/warranty model is based on 'you never need to walk in for service/warranty'. The warranty claims and servicing Q is the same. So if you are in dire need of help, you end up in the queue and pushed so far back because everybody who is doing servicing made reservations already. I waited up to 2 hours to get served. Wrote in and ask why there's no Q for warranty/service, got 0 reply.

My steering has knocking sound when turning (known issue) but they say it's not acknowledged officially, so they can't do anything - ?????? I had to go through my SE's 'backdoor' to a senior mech to know this because Sin Ming branch says the steering is 'within spec'.

That said, the SOP and SoW for BM is very straightforward, they are not there for you when you need, they are just there to earn as much as they can from servicing and selling you snake oils along the way - if you are not careful.

I'll take everything with a pinch of salt especially when the SE tells you do this can get A B C D E... Z, AA, AB....

Don't get me wrong, I have never said that mechanics at ADs are confirm expert. I do encounter a few goondus at BM as well. I had also wrote my fair share of complain email to BM when I sent my car to Bukit Batok centre for servicing. Shock absorber leakage giving screeching sound when going over bumps, the mechanic said cannot hear. In the end, they only realised during the next servicing.

If I do not want to take up their spare parts or additional package like high performance EO, I will just tell the SE.There was once where I drove in without appointment due to my radiator fan went haywire and gave intermittent loud screeching noise and sometimes stopped turning which almost caused overheating issues, they immediately place a mechanic to look into it and replace the fan within 1 hour. These are my experience for Leng Kee Centre.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.