Civic vs Altis vs Mazda 3

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
Not really, Ceebic also wins in the looks department IYAM.

Ceebic is also considerably smaller in frame size opposed to Mz3, which makes it sleek and nice to drive.

Down side is, Ceebic is still on DOHC engine, which is >10years old, you're paying much more for the R&D of the design, over the engine which probably ROI since they finished selling FD1s.
I think civic n altis is using cvt too.

Civic is cool looking and the price is second lowest among this three model. But also really depend on what the owners really want.
I just find the Thailand sedan series from bm is really out to chop carrot. I rather get elantra than altis

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
Not really, Ceebic also wins in the looks department IYAM.

Ceebic is also considerably smaller in frame size opposed to Mz3, which makes it sleek and nice to drive.

Down side is, Ceebic is still on DOHC engine, which is >10years old, you're paying much more for the R&D of the design, over the engine which probably ROI since they finished selling FD1s.

You find DOHC outdated?
Pray tell what valvetrain you find up to date?

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Civic for me. Newest model, more road presence. Sheet metal design is subjective, some dig it, some hate it, for me it is still okay, at least slightly nicer than the Mazda3 and significantly nicer than Altis (sorry Toyota fanbois).

Personally, I find the Mz3 too common. Interior wise, both are quite on par.. Civic and Mz3. Performance, at this segment, you can't expect too much, they are very similar.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tot civic is ard 15k more than m3?

Really depends on needs.

Styling vs practicality vs price

Since you only compare jap cars then the price diff wont be too much. It's about what is your priority. Obviously Mazda sure win in looks department.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think civic n altis is using cvt too.

Civic is cool looking and the price is second lowest among this three model. But also really depend on what the owners really want.
I just find the Thailand sedan series from bm is really out to chop carrot. I rather get elantra than altis
Like I said, there are many options for around the same prices. It depends a lot on factors, given cars only live for 10 years, the lesser the spec, the lesser the features, means lesser ECUs, mean able to live longer cos more reliable.

You find DOHC outdated?
Pray tell what valvetrain you find up to date?
Definitely not DOHC for sure.

Civic for me. Newest model, more road presence. Sheet metal design is subjective, some dig it, some hate it, for me it is still okay, at least slightly nicer than the Mazda3 and significantly nicer than Altis (sorry Toyota fanbois).

Personally, I find the Mz3 too common. Interior wise, both are quite on par.. Civic and Mz3. Performance, at this segment, you can't expect too much, they are very similar.
Depends... 1.5T or 1.6A

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like I said, there are many options for around the same prices. It depends a lot on factors, given cars only live for 10 years, the lesser the spec, the lesser the features, means lesser ECUs, mean able to live longer cos more reliable.

Definitely not DOHC for sure.

Depends... 1.5T or 1.6A

If you bring in 1.5T, due to price differences, can compare with other models other than Mz3 and Altis liao.

crunsik

Reaction score
Thxs everyone for the feedback.

Haven’t test drive the cars as yet. Perhaps I’ll also go read up on Mazda 6. I do think that fuel consumption would also be another point I’ll take into consideration. Driving a Jetta and I agree the boot is huge, the seats are kinda crap and it’s not as fuel efficient as Japanese cars.

I’m not willing to invest that much in an Mpv. So probably will stick to a sedan car

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M6 different price point

Haven’t test drive the cars as yet. Perhaps I’ll also go read up on Mazda 6. I do think that fuel consumption would also be another point I’ll take into consideration. Driving a Jetta and I agree the boot is huge, the seats are kinda crap and it’s not as fuel efficient as Japanese cars.

I’m not willing to invest that much in an Mpv. So probably will stick to a sedan car

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Honestly, FC is something that's overhyped these days.

People worry too much about FC. If wanna worry, don't get a car.

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FC where got overhyped. U see how gian png Sinkies took risks chiong Jaybee palm petrol :o

Every 300km or 500km need to palm full tank does matter :o

sktan10

Reaction score
Honestly, FC is something that's overhyped these days.

People worry too much about FC. If wanna worry, don't get a car.

FC really plays a part especially your driving mileage is high.
Last time driving 2L mpv.Now driving 1.5L sedan.
Suddenly l feel so rich.Every month can save few hundreds on petrol, lol..

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FC really plays a part especially your driving mileage is high.
Last time driving 2L mpv.Now driving 1.5L sedan.
Suddenly l feel so rich.Every month can save few hundreds on petrol, lol..
That's when you have a vast difference if numbers. If you're comparing 13km/l and 14km/l.

Those numbers are pretty negligible. Lots of factors contribute to FC, so it depends lots.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want power then no FC , want FC then no power simple as that
See MSS lor... change rims, scared FC, do this scared FC, do that also scared FC. Change light bulbs to LED somehow, never ask about FC, add body kit add spoiler also never ask about FC :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.